New Forum Structure

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: New Forum Structure

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:53 pm

woman lol
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:55 pm

WOMAN! WHOA MAN!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlkoQ4bUE5k[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Yama » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Holy fiend, what happened to this thread.

Peter wrote:I was here, but i cant remember! I hope i wasnt one of these guys, i mean i remember offering suggestions and reporting any issues, but i certainly hope that doesnt count as whining or complaining.

Not at all.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:11 pm

:lol: Sorry
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Yama wrote:Holy fiend, what happened to this thread.

Peter wrote:I was here, but i cant remember! I hope i wasnt one of these guys, i mean i remember offering suggestions and reporting any issues, but i certainly hope that doesnt count as whining or complaining.

Not at all.

Good because i was worried as hell there! :)

Sorry, derailing stopped now!
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:46 pm

It was only when I did it, this time :P

Whats so funny is I didnt even know Yama was the owner of this place until I caught what was written under his avatar in this very topic. So im guessing Ziming stepped down back in july? Financial crisis finally hit the dojo? I dont think I was even active back then. I am still trying to figure out who Yama is, cause I dont even remember him did you used to go by a different name? I just find it hard to believe that I have been here this long and so has he and I dont really remember him. I am betting it was just a matter of lack of posting.

Remember the days of Andy, Iwao and HR? WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE FUCKERS??? (save for HR) Man if S3 gets made I really hope they all come back and it ends up being just like the old days, i'll cry dammit! i'll cry like the biggest ugliest nastiest fat bitch with self conscious issues.
Last edited by AnimeGamer183 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Ziming is HR. Does the Youtube channel. He handed the reins to Yama to focus more on Shenmue and HR just could not do it anymore.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:It was only when I did it, this time :P

Whats so funny is I didnt even know Yama was the owner of this place until I caught what was written under his avatar in this very topic. So im guessing Ziming stepped down back in july? Financial crisis finally hit the dojo? I dont think I was even active back then. I am still trying to figure out who Yama is, cause I dont even remember him did you used to go by a different name? I just find it hard to believe that I have been here this long and so has he and I dont really remember him. I am betting it was just a matter of lack of posting.

Remember the days of Andy, Iwao and HR? WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE FUCKERS??? (save for HR) Man if S3 gets made I really hope they all come back and it ends up being just like the old days, i'll cry dammit! i'll cry like the biggest ugliest nastiest fat bitch with self conscious issues.

Hellraiser basically told me the Dojo was dying and asked for my help in revitalizing it. He felt if we left it alone it'd pretty much rot away, especially after being dropped by it's original hosting network. A ton of the community had vanished and the great resources we did have were getting lost in the dated format of the original site. Pretty much it was change or say goodbye. There were a few attempts at revitalizing it prior to myself stepping in, but they all failed or were abandoned. As a favor to both Hellraiser and the community, I told him I'd handle it from here on. I had the choice to make something new and use some of SD's resources, or cater towards the community and re-introduce Shenmue Dojo, the place we are all comfortable with. I went with the latter obviously as I'd not want to throw away something with so much history, but did reboot things a bit. Hellraiser is much more comfortable and useful working on media, so he now runs the YouTube portion of ShenmueDojo along with the FaceBook page.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Was SD down for a while after the hosting network dropped us? It was Gamespy if I remember correctly. Lemme guess they just saw it was dying here and were like, yall gotta go?

p.s. - why are you always online??? lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:37 am

If I remember right the domain had been moved to a new host before the deadline and it never went down. That was July-August 2009.

It was down for a few days when this new design,host ,and admin change came about about a year after that in July 2010.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:41 am

^yup
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:37 am

Spokane wrote:If I remember right the domain had been moved to a new host before the deadline and it never went down. That was July-August 2009.

It was down for a few days when this new design,host ,and admin change came about about a year after that in July 2010.

Yeah, pretty much. Zim had moved it to Host Gator after GameSpy, but we moved once more after.
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Was SD down for a while after the hosting network dropped us? It was Gamespy if I remember correctly. Lemme guess they just saw it was dying here and were like, yall gotta go?

p.s. - why are you always online??? lol

Up at odd times due to jet lag that seemingly just won't go away, plus I have the site on mobile. In the end I'm just trying to be more active though. O:)
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 am

insomnia FTW!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 am

Ryudo wrote:insomnia FTW!

Nah, I gave you credit until for being an insomniac until I learned you were on the west coast. Your normal. :lol:
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 am

Always been this way. Ok I have simmered. I used to go till noon or 3 days. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo