New Forum Structure

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: New Forum Structure

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:50 pm

When Yama took over I was one of the vocal and more critical of him. I thought that we would loose the thing that makes this place unique when rules saying no swearing appeared. In the end his done alot of stuff for this place and it's still the place I love. Last year we had a forum which looked more dated then Madonna on a good day. We've all told people to fuck off before heck I've seen AG tell people to fuck off over the years. To get all bitchy because his the 'head' of this place is kinda stupid. I've always wanted Yama as I did Ziming to post more as they run this place and never get to take part in the best bit which is this forum.

You see all the ex members who have been banned slag this place off over the years but they never got the true Dojo experiance. Were one big family here and love each other. If there isn't someone I like I usally end up blanking them as a forum filled with:
Fuck you
No Fuck you
is boring as shit.

We all have things we think can improve this place so make a topic for it in the forum that was made for that.

So shake hands and hug and say sorry.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Yama » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Kenny wrote:In those circumstances, I can understand. Everyone has a point where they just let it out. And I meant that I never seen you go all out, so i'm not accusing you of tyranny or anything. I know that you took alot of stupid little bullshit requests in the past so i'm not contesting you generosity. I just found the outburst out of character but now it's understandable hearing your side.

Thanks Kenny, appreciate it.

Riku Rose wrote:. I've always wanted Yama as I did Ziming to post more as they run this place and never get to take part in the best bit which is this forum.

Honestly, the more I've been on here the more I've been feeling a sense of home. It may be a mentally instable home, but home nonetheless. Definitely posting more as of late, in fact I'm starting to find myself on here all the time. Also after all the hard work, it's finally starting to settle in that it is my own, thus making it all feel worth it. I think seeing the community donate towards the well being of the site also says a lot, most everyone is willing to give back at this point and it's a nice sight.

Besides, sticking together through out all the years with the underlying central topic still being Shenmue... if "it" ever does get announced, this will be one happy family. Worth sticking it out. But what really makes this place great is the people who have came to the realization that it may never come, but don't let that completely ruin the vibe around here. I used to hate seeing doubt, but I now respect the realism of it and willingness to still support the site regardless of the series.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I think it's time we all break in song "So happy together"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Can anyone sing Kumbaya in a Japanese Karaoke style? It would really work wonders. This place needs a bit of positivity! :D
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:53 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A0DcI25QPQ[/youtube]
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Peter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:57 pm

:lol: all we need now id a video of Sonic beating the living hell out of Tails and we have a full on game storyboard of the Dojo.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:59 pm

Yama wrote:Hilarious stuff. Thing is, I don't even have any beef with AnimeGamer and have taken way worse bull from other members here. For a moment see things from my perspective though, the ridiculously ironic one.

After being asked to 1) bring this place back to life, 2) redesign the website, 3) redesign the forums, 4) host it on my own, 5) take full responsibility - month or so of work, unpaid of course, during a busy time of my life. Worked on it all by myself, release it and despite the majority of people loving it, some of the backlash was absolutely uncalled for, not proper and totally ridiculous. To the point where said members even later ended up apologizing for being self proclaimed dicks. (You know who you are and you know I love you for it.) The amount of criticism and how I handled it, most would have burst, in fact look back in time around here most already did. Instead I politely shrugged it off and even listened to some of the minor things and catered towards these people, despite how nasty most of it was presented. Not only do I know how to take or politely shrug off criticism, I try my best to learn from it.

If you don't believe me, check out the New Dojo Launches thread along with the Website Discussion forum, early posts. I created an entire site, an ENTIRE website within a few weeks, 24/7 work and in return got bugged because the avatar was on the right side not left, etc. It wasn't even criticism, it was nit picky and not the way to go about things. It was selfish. Thing is, most of the people realized it and later apologized, which i respect them for and even joke about now.

Also, in the midst of it all. "Loosen up Yama, etc." I'm obviously always the professional one around here pushing the site in what I see as a decent direction for public exposure. The one time I do loosen up and call it for what it is, the other end starts to cry. AnimeGamer, if for one second you had to deal with what I had to, I think you'd explode. Because I sarcastically bombed you with an icon and you already wrote an essay in return. Instead of telling me how to take criticism, put yourself in my shoes and understand the difference between criticism and nit picking. The latter being complaining about something that very well can not be changed, so it'll get us nowhere. Not to mention it's beyond minor, so again, you'll have to learn to deal with these things.

In the end I really have no issue with you and perhaps you were the guinea pig as far as me showing, "enough is enough", but I'm pretty sure the point had to have been made. Sorry if you feel it was at your expense, for that I do apologize. Take it as you wish, but I do ask to look at it from the other side for a moment. Do what I've done, then hear about some minor things that honestly can't be helped, it gets very old after a while. Very old. I've dealt with it hundreds of times until the community itself stopped nagging, so I'm not trying to go through that phase again. Before telling me to do things, judge the amount of contributions on both sides. This doesn't give me a get out of jail free card by all means, we're all even here, but it'll at least allow you to see where I'm coming from. Again, I apologize for it being at your expense.

St. Elmo's Fire wrote:I'm seeing AG's side here, he didn't say anything THAT bad, so the "get fucking used to it" thing was a bit outta the blue TBH. Is Yama actually wS on "one of those weeks"? ;-)
Didn't do any favours either, I was gonna click the donate link before, but after seeing people get treated like this, I won't be bothering now. :arrow:

Yeah, because one F-bomb after being F-bombed hundreds of times really takes away class and months of work on a community you love. Give me a break Elmo, donate to the Dojo already and stop making excuses! :lol:

Ryudo wrote:You were whining. And when I said he just gets grief I'm also talking about July last year from a ton of people.
Don't like it too bad either get get used to it or don't but this is how it is and isn't changing. Look at all the people donating and we are poor. How do you contribute. By complaining Bravo. =D>

Heh, thank you. Somebody without tunnel vision.

I did not say one bad thing when you took over. I actually kinda liked it since I wasn't HR's biggest fan, despite the (whisper) "diplomatic immunity" he granted me, that I'd taken advantage of. ;-) And that wasn't a declaration of war either, wS and me had a lot of rude words fired at one another (He, in hindsight, won, since even without admin powers, he was damned good at asserting himself), yet we were still kinda buddies. But I DID see AG's side, I can appreciate crany-ness in tiredness/hungoverness, but that wasn't cool. That said, I was a bit hasty earlier, and having an almost-admin-coloured name does have its appeal, so I will think about it. ;-)
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:05 pm

:lol: I remember you as mod
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:13 pm

I partly regret actually trying to do that properly, since I really itched to ban a few people I didn't like then...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 pm

It was not my intention for everything to blow up the way it did yesterday. I was just under the impression that this very topic was created to get feedback from the members, and get there opinions about the changes made, I wasnt doing anything more than that. I am the kind of person that is going to keep it real with you, and give you my honest opinion and I do not ass kiss for anyone. The way I see it, I am being a better friend to someone giving them my honest opinion about things rather than lying to them or telling them its awesome when I dont think thats true (I wanna give you my opinion on what I think will make it awesome, of course if you disagree then dont take my advice, its that simple), and I am sorry people assumed I was saying something along the lines of CHANGE IT ALL BACK NOW, but that is not my fault and I cant control what other people think or the way they interpret the things I say.

I think its kind of unrealistic to tell me to try to see it from your perspective, cause honestly there is no way I could ever understand cause im not you Yama. I can imagine how you might feel and thats about it, but I wasnt coming at anyone in particular or saying any names anyway, so if you took personal offense im sorry, but its also not my fault.

Also, when it comes to criticism and hate, I have seen plenty of it (and in my face as opposed to posts on the internet). I am in the music business and I get alot of heat just for the fact that I am trying to record my own music and do this for a living. I get alot of "who do you think you are" attitudes cause i am affiliated with important people in the music business and have made good connections in the music scene here in atlanta, it was hard work and a bit of luck to get where I am. At this point I dont even give these people a second thought, and you can bet your ass I have lost friends because I guess they are jealous, and instead of trying to support me in what i have chosen to do, they wanna try to bring me down to there level. Hell my "best friend" even did this, which shows me I didnt have a best friend that whole time at all, it was honestly heart breaking and a bit of a shock but at the same time I knew I had to move on. It has somewhat pushed me into a corner in my life, and makes me think twice about who to trust, cause peoples true clolors keep coming out and they arent pretty. Thats my situation and its fucked up, but thats life, and I am not gonna stop doing what I love just because of a few jealous fuckers. On the flip side, the ones that have been supportive (mainly being members of my family and other people that do music) I cannot thank enough.

Point is some people have constructive things to say, some people just say BS to try to get a reaction out of you, my advice is learn how to take and deal with those people. I dont have any problems with you Yama, but you did piss me off but we are all human and make mistakes and over react its cool, I did the same thing in response but I was heated just as you were. Also I am sorry if I get a bit preachy sometimes, i guess its kind of in my nature but I have alot to say most of the time, and maybe sometimes I need to shut up and learn to paraphrase lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Just so you know, I never was heated, just keeping it real as you say. I couldn't care less, just had to get the point across that another "July" wouldn't be accepted. With that said, that definitely wasn't your intention so it's fine, I can see that now. If you have actual feedback and such don't hesitate to post it. Anyhow I appreciate you clearing it up, better to let it be known than have unnecessary tension. No worries on my end.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:50 pm

I think we can all agree that the July incident is a crap name.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Kenny » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Yeah, let's pretend there was a massacre and call it "Nick's Final Stand with the Dojo" back on July.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Kenny wrote:Yeah, let's pretend there was a massacre and call it "The Edge Final Stand with the Dojo" back on July.

Fixed
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Yama » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo