Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Re: Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

Postby LawXiu » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Bluecast wrote:It's not that just the endless drama and his other forums never have these issues

His other forums are probably about games. The dojo isn't like the other forums. This place always had a feeling about it, like it was ours and he tried to make it his. That pissed me off at the start.

If he doesn't want to comment then that's fine but ignoring peoples complaints isn't going to help his fan club grow.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:43 pm

He doesn't ignore. Just so very busy. He works so much manages his design company and admins several forums. Situations like this as you saw were solved. He knows it's a matter between the mods and member for the people who PM'd him. If it get's so out of control he knows I will get a hold of him. I didn't this time. I felt it could be fixed. I believe I was right.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:44 pm

LawXiu wrote:
Bluecast wrote:It's not that just the endless drama and his other forums never have these issues

His other forums are probably about games. The dojo isn't like the other forums. This place always had a feeling about it, like it was ours and he tried to make it his. That pissed me off at the start.

If he doesn't want to comment then that's fine but ignoring peoples complaints isn't going to help his fan club grow.

If you join the SD staff out of hopes of developing a fan club you're probably going to be disappointed. :P
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

If he doesn't want to comment then that's fine but ignoring peoples complaints isn't going to help his fan club grow

^This.

He can take as long as he wants, as I understand what it's like to be busy, but ignoring "petty" stuff like this is not a good move in my opinion. As the owner of the site, he doesn't have to be online all the time but he does have a certain responsibility to all users of this place, and it's he who decides who the right people to moderate this forum are. If you read my previous posts it may seem like I was just criticizing Blue, but I was criticizing Yama just as much, if not more so. Because Yama must know what goes on in his site, and he allowed Blue to be the main mod responsible for this place when (imo) blue was making a lot of bad calls.

I don't think I'm being unfair, he seems like a nice enough guy, I'm just calling his lack of action into question. I know that he's done a lot of great work for this place, and I know being a site owner (or any member of staff) is often a thankless job. But I think someone in that position has to be strong, and has to make the right decision for the whole site. As far as I can tell though, after the last big kerfuffle where AXM left and all that, Yama seems to just have left this place to it's own devices, Regardless of the blatant issues it's had.

I'm not trying to be a moaner though, and I guess it would be nice if he could offer his own side of the story, to balance things out.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:42 pm

My god I already explained. Mue why are continuing with this? Fuck it I give up. You're being unreasonable and ridiculous at this point. Drop it seriously just drop it. I'm telling you to drop this nonsense. The last big thing wasn't AxM in fact it was just a mere 3 months ago. He logs in a lot and check's PM's and scans the place. NOw anytime there is a shake up I normally go contact him not by the dojo but other means. I didn't this time as I felt it would be a waste and get things settled just fine on our own. Guess what we did now drop it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:53 pm

Bluecast wrote:When the few times he is involved he is forced in and that pisses him off like raging mad. When Me & Ziming had a spat Yama said something to the effect he should shut the fucking site down if this is all he get's for his hard work.

This just rubs me the wrong way. Threatening to shut the site down because some people can't get along when people have made donations to keep it up.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm

He logs in a lot and check's PM's and scans the place

Well this is kinda my point. He must see what happens here, but he doesn't seem to step in and do anything, even when things aint great.

Anyway there's no need to get stressed, blue.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Bluecast wrote:When the few times he is involved he is forced in and that pisses him off like raging mad. When Me & Ziming had a spat Yama said something to the effect he should shut the fucking site down if this is all he get's for his hard work.

This just rubs me the wrong way. Threatening to shut the site down because some people can't get along when people have made donations to keep it up.

](*,) My god you people get a fucking grip. He never threatened to shut it down. He was just frustrated and venting,he's allowed to be human for fucks sake and vent. He would never shut the site down. And Mue I have not seen him log in for days. Last I spoke with him he was at work and said one thing between a few hours. "sorry busy at work"
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 pm

I wasn't at all referring to the last few days. I think Riku captured how I've felt about this place for while perfectly in a line in his sig " I have problems with the people running this site mainly people caring far to much about it that it ruins it for others or not caring at all. In the end it effects it for everyone which makes the place worse.".

The balance in between is really what this place could do with.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 pm

For balance, there needs to be an equal number of guys on each side of the see-saw, so we need the guys who don't give a shit about it and the guys who care too much about it. Or we could all just fuck off. That should balance it out.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Peter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 pm

mue 26 wrote:I think Riku captured how I've felt about this place for while perfectly in a line in his sig " I have problems with the people running this site mainly people caring far to much about it that it ruins it for others or not caring at all. In the end it effects it for everyone which makes the place worse.".

The balance in between is really what this place could do with.

Then surely you understand that mainly you have unbalanced this place with your posts in this topic? Theres being constructive, but then theres being destructive, and heres how the past days have went with you:

You wanted Gboy ubanned, but took umbridge because we wont. You then wanted answers to deleted posts which you got. You also wanted apologies for this, which you also got, and extending from that, you wanted a change to the moderating system which you got. Since that didnt seem good enough for you, you then wanted a complete overhaul of the moderation team with a vote of who should be moderators, which you didnt get, and now you want Yama to come out and defend not only the staff he has put in place, but also the entire site itself????

Know what Mue i have had enough. Proper enough. Your issue is with Bluecast so go and take it up with him. See if you dont like it or dont like the position he is in, then the door is over there. Leave. Dont use this entire site as an example for your issues with one person and their actions because there is more than one person here. No one is forcing you to stay here. No one else deep down, apart from maybe one or two feels the same way you do about this place. Why?? Because even though they "may" have said to you, or hinted at it on these boards in some way that they have greviences, they dont feel exactly the same as you.

Sorry but this has gone on for pages it shouldn't have. Its a disgrace.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 pm

Some people will complain no matter what is done. They make demands then when they are met they just want more and point the finger somewhere else. I'm seeing a few of those right now in this topic.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Hey guys, atleast we have a Shenmue Dojo to post at. Seems like some people could use a good session of counting there blessings, instead of counting there misfortunes. And if its really that bad, and you dont like it here, bite the bullet, let this place go, and either just lurk or leave. Sure things could be better, but they could also be alot worse.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I sent a PM to Yama about his input on the new warning system & the new policy on deleting posts. Also as a note Yama never ignores anyone. Tho sometimes he is slow getting back to you for a PM. As normally he logs in looks at a topic or two read a PM and has to leave. But he will notice. Just make take him a little bit. Trust me while I can't blame Yama for being so busy. I do kinda wish he was here more. Just being honest. Bysby was the best admin I ever worked with. He was always on top of something and always fixing things and had an eye for detail like no other. Yukio comes close. Anyway Yama will at least say something to me or those topics or both I don't know. May not be much and he may say a lot. Just be patient.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Then surely you understand that mainly you have unbalanced this place with your posts in this topic? Theres being constructive, but then theres being destructive, and heres how the past days have went with you:

You wanted Gboy ubanned, but took umbridge because we wont. You then wanted answers to deleted posts which you got. You also wanted apologies for this, which you also got, and extending from that, you wanted a change to the moderating system which you got. Since that didnt seem good enough for you, you then wanted a complete overhaul of the moderation team with a vote of who should be moderators, which you didnt get, and now you want Yama to come out and defend not only the staff he has put in place, but also the entire site itself????

Know what Mue i have had enough. Proper enough. Your issue is with Bluecast so go and take it up with him. See if you dont like it or dont like the position he is in, then the door is over there. Leave. Dont use this entire site as an example for your issues with one person and their actions because there is more than one person here. No one is forcing you to stay here. No one else deep down, apart from maybe one or two feels the same way you do about this place. Why?? Because even though they "may" have said to you, or hinted at it on these boards in some way that they have greviences, they dont feel exactly the same as you.

Sorry but this has gone on for pages it shouldn't have. Its a disgrace.

Yes I asked for Gboy to be unbanned, but I never actually expected to be unbanned, what I actually wanted to do was draw attention to the way he was banned (which wasn't correct imo), and I also drew attention to a number of issues I had with the moderation. All I wanted was to have a discussion with bluecast, and for the thread to be out of junk. Blue completely ignored me, and neither you nor him moved this this thread out of junk, so I decided that if this is how things are always going to be with same BS, then I think we should have a vote, especially as you were banging on about this being a democracy. I didn't ask for a "change to the moderating system", so stop putting words in my mouth again, Peter. What I asked for was to either get someone who can moderate sensibly to do the job or give us a vote. This new banning system changes little at all, as it's success is (as every banning systems success is going to be) relies on moderators using discretion to make the right decisions. All I can do now is wait and see if Blue has improved as a moderator.

And I mentioned how I felt about Yama in the same post that I mentioned everything else, so don't try and make it out like I'm getting more demanding. I not even demanding anything! I said "it would be nice" if he could (when he has the time) to say a few words in response to the points I had made. Is that really too much ask, Peter?

Your making me sound like some bloody unpleasable tyrant, and twisting my words. I'm not being unreasonable. If blue had straight up talked to me and given a mature response in the first place, and if one of you had moved this thread out of junk, we could have settled this quickly and I never would have even asked for a vote!

If you want to call me "destructive" just for being honest than go ahead.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue Dojo