Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Well fair enough in regards to Qwert, as he could have been making that up as far as I know. But honestly I don't think gboy is the malevolent type, he was maybe untactful but I don't think he meant offence. Anyway I'll stop now as I know I'm not making any inroads, I just find it a shame to have lost a decent poster.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Concern over deletion of posts

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 pm

mue 26 wrote:Well fair enough in regards to Qwert, as he could have been making that up as far as I know. But honestly I don't think gboy is the malevolent type, he was maybe untactful but I don't think he meant offence. Anyway I'll stop now as I know I'm not making any inroads, I just find it a shame to have lost a decent poster.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42635&start=75
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sailors? » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Aw my poor harmless weed topic got flip turned upside down.
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:09 pm

Sailors? wrote:Aw my poor harmless weed topic got flip turned upside down.

Start a new one. I won't be shaming fingers or anything. Do what ya want. Your life :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sailors? » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Nah no point, never see Oppy post any more ;)
Sailors?
Still searching...
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: HuntaOfTheNight

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 pm

panda_rapist? Seriously...seriously?

It was an argument that got a little heated, there were no saints on either side tbh. I'm not condoning everything he said but it's not worthy a perma ban in my opinion, it should have been a warning. Anyway that just my opinion, as I said I'll stop now as there's clearly no point.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 pm

mue 26 wrote:panda_rapist? Seriously...seriously?

It was an argument that got a little heated, there were no saints on either side tbh. I'm not condoning everything he said but it's not worthy a perma ban in my opinion, it should have been a warning. Anyway that just my opinion, as I said I'll stop now as there's clearly no point.

That was as menace as it get's.It was not a disagreement. it was a constant harassment of my health Plsu he was trolling the forums and admitted it for months. Anyway it's March 2011 and no use debating it now. It's done and won't be undone. And we are really getting off topic so as a warning. Get back on topic of deltion of posts or current warnings or bans. Not things that happened a year ago.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Thief » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 am

I'm glad TheGboyKing is gone. He posted like a 12 year old and couldn't follow simple logic. Sorry if that sounds mean but ehh. I have no problem with him staying banned.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:47 am

LAMEWAD wrote:I'm glad TheGboyKing is gone. He posted like a 12 year old and couldn't follow simple logic. Sorry if that sounds mean but ehh. I have no problem with him staying banned.

Your name does not suit you. but it's honestly the greatest name this forum ever had.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:32 am

LAMEWAD wrote:I'm glad TheGboyKing is gone. He posted like a 12 year old and couldn't follow simple logic. Sorry if that sounds mean but ehh. I have no problem with him staying banned.

Can I just say, it's not about liking the guy or not. It's about whether what he deserved a lifetime ban or not. It's about being fair. There have been things done on this site that are worse than what gboy did and which did not receive the same punishment. That was my point.

And talk about acting like a 12 year old, changing gboy's name to pander_rapist after banning him, yeah, that is acting a 12 year old. It's immature and sets a bad example of the behaviour to be found on this forum.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: 1

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

mue 26 wrote:

Can I just say, it's not about liking the guy or not. It's about whether what he deserved a lifetime ban or not. It's about being fair. There have been things done on this site that are worse than what gboy did and which did not receive the same punishment. That was my point.

And talk about acting like a 12 year old, changing gboy's name to pander_rapist after banning him, yeah, that is acting a 12 year old. It's immature and sets a bad example of the behaviour to be found on this forum.

The dude was trolling every single time he posted. Then he said at one point "yeah I am trolling you guys" his posts were reported daily. Then he insults staff members and mocks their health. That is pure grounds for a banning. Also there is no point in this discussion. Look at the posts in that topic. Everyone was happy with it. At first I have him just a month off but people told me in private they were upset with that and wanted a perm ban. I reconsidered and agreed. Again what is done is done and if you don't like it tough but should have argued this in March 2011 not August 2012. Sorry Mue but no matter what you say Gboy being banned won't change.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Re: Split posts from deletion topic-gboy

Postby LawXiu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Personally I don't like any of the people that have been banned except for Martin for the simple fact that I liked his reviews. It's probably not nice for Blue having to ban long term members so I'm sure he had his reasons.

Most of the names mentioned so far are people who actually deserve AIDS.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Split topic from "Deleted Posts" - banned members.

Postby Peter » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I assume since Bluecast has split this, but still left it open, we can still discuss this. If so, i will throw my 2 cents in if thats ok. But before i do, please bear in mind that the stance right now, is things stay as they are regarding currently banned members. No one is getting unbanned, nor is there any argument to be made here to change minds. What i am going to say is just how i feel (and not to be taken as any sort of indication etc.)

There are names being mentioned here which i can narrow down to 3 individuals -

Alien Dude/Qwerty (i called him Dan, since i like addressing members by their names if i can/am allowed to)
G-Boy/TheGBoyKing
Martin

Alien Dude/QWERTY, i will address first. He was Alien Dude back in the old days, and was a little bit more reserved. Now i am not too sure if this account was deleted or merged, so i cannot go back to see when his last posts were with this account, or if anything happened. But i have a suspicion he was banned. I left for a year or so, and when i came back, Dans account was QWERTY. I always got on well with him. He was in your face, but he also talked some sense sometimes, and wasnt afraid to tell it how it is. I will always have an admirable reaction to people who do that. But the problem with Dan is.... the best way i can put it is that he is a friend who you have known for ages, but when he hit is teens and 20s, became the friend you went out and had a beer with once in a while. The reason i say once in a while is because, if you meet up with him every 6 months for a few beers, the fun and stuff that happens will be funny as fuck, you will end up bladdered, and the memories you will laugh at for ages to come. But the problem with this is that if you met up with him every week for a beer, you know sooner or later some sort of shit would happen. Something will be taken too far, and trouble would happen. I think its what happened on these boards. He isnt a sinister lad, but there will be a "fuck everyone else if they dont like what i say/do" element to his personality, and that's what gotten him into too much trouble here on this message board. The point is you cannot be like that on a message board. You will always have run ins with people, its simply just a matter of time. The boards have always been described as a democracy, and its like people arguing with other people in general public. if they piss off the general public, then they will come face to face with those who the public vote to represent them at a bureaucratic level. If they piss them off, then they will be dealt with accordingly. In this case, pissing off the staff will get you banned, and that's what happened. (If your reading this Dan, and i am way off and talking absolute bollox then i apologise, but its just my opinion dude.)

G-boy/TheGBoyKing appeared when i was off the boards. When i returned, all i seen was an idiotic signature of a panda, and an even more idiotic picture of a deformed Ren Of Heavens picture. I never interacted with him, and all i read was just pure tripe. A proper village idiot who's shit posts were not even funny. Thats the difference between trolling and taking things to the extreme in a comical matter. He just sought out to ruin this place and bury any sort of debate or opinion given, not because he honestly believed in what he was posting, he was just arguing for the sake of it. Also, just read that topic posted for the reasons he was banned. Its self explanatory. Good riddance. I hate people like this on internet forums, and i am currently posting on a sports forum where such an idiot exists. He isnt banned, but the admins are fucking with him by making his post count -99999 etc, but regular members, myself included want him banned because its lowering the morale of sensible discussions, and also resulting overall in less board participation.

Martin, again i havent had much interaction with. So, along with QWERTY, since he has never done anything to me personally i dont have that hatred that others may have for him. Also, again like QWERTY, he just took things a little too far but at the same time, had a bit of common sense in his posts somewhere. But a few people around here do speak of him in such a way that he was ok, but just a little too much of a mouthpiece. Again, looking at that topic where he was banned, regarding signature sizes i believe it was? He did have one or two points at the heart of his posts, despite being surrounded by obscenities and supposed personal attacks on Bluecast (i say supposed because i wont take sides. I am a neutral moderator and always will be).

Now like i said, the current stance is no unbannings. But i am also a believer in communication, and i would never say never. Things have happened and actions have had reactions. I wasnt part of them and they are as they are, but i think talking about things can open up other points of view, and help members see things in different lights, perhaps seeing things/realising things they may not have realised before. Thats where i am at now, and will always be here to listen to everything people have to say on here (within common sense)
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby LawXiu » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm

^ Although I agree with a lot you said it was way too sensible and level headed for the dojo. I vote ban.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:15 pm

Wasn't Martin banned for going on about sig sizes?

Apart from this bit maybe

Sort it out, you fucking sausage jockey. The same goes for the rest of you. Can't even stick to your own rules. Queers.

:lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Next

Return to Shenmue Dojo