Selling/buying thread ??

(Latest news, updates & questions about the site)

Selling/buying thread ??

Postby euphoria » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm

Hi everyone i v been looking for about a hour and i couldnt find any thread buying/selling ... can any one confirm me if there is any ??

Thank you so much for the help
euphoria
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Selling/buying thread ??

Postby Kuroneko » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Hey there

I'd suggest Amazon or eBay for a copy. I'm sure that you could make a thread here too I'd assume. I also am sure that the older members know more ways of finding a cheaper copy than me since I got mine from a friend a year ago
Kuroneko
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby euphoria » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Iam not interested in buying the game because i already have both. I just thought would be nice to have a thread where peoplo could sell their videogames stuff.
euphoria
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:58 am

This just ain't ebay. I mean if it's some really rare collectables related to Shenmue i guess you could interest people here. The big problem is that when you start to allow selling stuff here on a big scale then sooner or later you have some scammers on board that just run away with your money and there is no way Yama could compensate you and we hate having people whining around here. So if you just wanna sell random console games or stuff then it's probably best to just put them on ebay or so. That way you will also have much more people seeing what you have to offer and thus a way better chance of getting it sold.

Master Kyodai has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby euphoria » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Hmm i understand so why not for shenmue exclusively items ?? I've been looking for shenmue merchandising and there basically none on ebay and there are lots of shenmue items to collect.
euphoria
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Working in risk management now I wouldn't suggest any commerce between members on the site for liability reasons for the owner(s) of it. Just do it on ebay.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Master Kyodai » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 am

euphoria wrote: Hmm i understand so why not for shenmue exclusively items ?? I've been looking for shenmue merchandising and there basically none on ebay and there are lots of shenmue items to collect.

Forget Shenmue merchandise. The best one ever made was that Shenhua figurine, the rest is just some shitty teacups, calendars and T-Shirts. If you go to a copy shop and have your favorite picture of Ryo printed on a T-shirt or mug you are already better off than with most of the stuff around. Some stuff made recently like that Ryo Jacket or the forklift figure is quite nice but pretty much the only exceptions i can think of and both were released like a decade after the original stuff.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby laagi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 am

I wouldn't be so harsh on all the merchandise released at the time. Certainly there's always room for improvement ;-) Actually, I always thought that the Shenhua Figurine had a really "cheap" feel. The Timex watch has always been my most desirable piece of Shenmue merchandise!
laagi
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Master Kyodai » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:37 pm

I@ll always be harsh on the Shenmue merchandise since they pretty much completely neglected it. OK, to sum it up - what is there from the original stuff? Some mugs, a T-Shirt, a pretty ugly mobile phone strap, the Shenhua figure and a calendar. If you have these then you already have nearly all of it.

The Timex... The good question here is "Is it a Shenmue merchandise item? Or is Shenmue a Timex merchandise item?"

Actually besides the fact that it is ultra rare and ridiculously expensive the original Timex model is closer to the one in the game and only costed me like 20 bucks on ebay...

The selection of merchandise is so incredibly poor for Shenmue that most collectors even have the Japanese guide books - even though most of them can't even read them.

I guess even though it's cheap my favorite is prolly the Shenhua figurine, because it's one of the few items that comes close to my idea of merchandise.

I shouldn't bark too loud. even though i sold most of my stuff like the Yu Suzuki signed game and such i still have some oddities in the basement. Like "Shenmue 2 - the movie" which is a chinese bootleg.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:56 pm

Master Kyodai wrote: I guess even though it's cheap my favorite is prolly the Shenhua figurine, because it's one of the few items that comes close to my idea of merchandise.

How much did you pay for it? cheapest I can find is 80$ with shipping which is pretty expensive for what it is inmo.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Mitsuzuki » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:10 am

Master Kyodai wrote:
Forget Shenmue merchandise. The best one ever made was that Shenhua figurine, the rest is just some shitty teacups, calendars and T-Shirts. If you go to a copy shop and have your favorite picture of Ryo printed on a T-shirt or mug you are already better off than with most of the stuff around. Some stuff made recently like that Ryo Jacket or the forklift figure is quite nice but pretty much the only exceptions i can think of and both were released like a decade after the original stuff.

Interesting. I have the complete opposite opinion on these pieces.

There are four different calendars, and except for perhaps the best known one they are all beautiful. So are the posters, art book, trifold, phone cards, clear files, post cards... and lots of POP pieces; the list goes on. The mugs look good, and are extra special considering how insanely rare they are.

I don't mean to put down the Insert Coin merchandise, but it doesn't do anything for me so I haven't added those pieces to my collection. Something about their design style feels at odds with the classic merchandise so they don't "feel" right to be. But I certainly appreciate any extra exposure for the series, of course.

I've also been off-put by people posting self-designed merchandise for sale on eBay. Go to your local print shop if that's what you want, but don't make a buck off people thinking it's legit merchandise, imo.
Mitsuzuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Currently playing: Deep in the Destiny hole

Postby Peter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am

I was browsing the us eBay, and seen someone is auctioning off a sealed US Shenmue graded by the VGA. But in the white card inside, VGA have printed Capcom as it's developer! I'd hate if that happened to me. I can't post a picture of it since I am in work but look it up :lol:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 pm

^found it http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shenmue-Sega-Dr ... 35ddca9e23

I'm more offended by the price though tbh.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 pm

I have the Shen Hua statue, wonder how much it's worth these days.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Return to Shenmue Dojo