Yu Suzuki, awarded at Gamelab 2014

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki, awarded at Gamelab 2014

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Sure Ziming.

1st:

Yu Suzuki: "I'm ready for Shenmue 3"
The japanese admits to Gamereactor that he will focus on the AI to make it better. There wont be 11 chapters and that they are investigating about crownfunding. A message to the spanish fans.

Yu Suzuki has said that all fans he found in Gamelab asked him for Shenmue III.

"I've made the story of Shenmue 1 and 2 but I've prepared to Shenmue 11 (11chapters). If I wanna continue the game, it would take too much time because there still remains 9 chapters. So I think I'll have to change the game's structure changing it to 2 or 3 parts".

And now, speaking about the crowdfunding. Suzuki said:

"It's posible that we chose crowdfunding, but now we're in a research phase. I had the opportunity to have dinner with Inafune-san and we were speaking about it".

And he finally say thanks for the spanish fans support. This part has already been translated.

Now I'll start with the second.

Fenix has received a thanks from: Axm
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Ziming wrote:Can you please provide translations from the following news articles, or just translate the important parts:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/1009 ... nmue+3%22/

No need for this one, it's already translated: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=47117&p=1074752#p1074751

Ouch! :rotflmao:

Is the Out Run interview translated?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:42 pm

Fenix wrote:Is the Out Run interview translated?

Haven't heard anything about an Out Run interview, yet, but they said they will have the full interview with Yu coming.

A new one: http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20140627/yu ... 2801.shtml
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:49 pm

Yeah they make the out run in the interview today but they did not asked all that questions to him so this one must be from yesterday or a mixed one from the two days.

http://www.elmundo.es/tecnologia/2014/0 ... b458e.html

The title says "There's nothing better than drive a Ferrari with a beautiful girl" \:D/

Google translator.

The star of the last day of GameLab Barcelona comes from Japan and has biker name. Yu Suzuki (Iwate, Japan, 1956) features behind titles that have shaped the history of the game from the beginning until well into the twenty-first century.

His head out of the arcade classic OutRun or as Hang-On, two games to drive a car or motorbike, respectively, became a delight for the senses. But production is not limited to a decade since the 90 led the passage of the two to three dimensions with two projects that forever changed the landscape of the game: Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter. Straddling the last century and today I gave birth two installments of Shenmue for Dreamcast title that, without being a pure sandbox, laid the foundation for what we see today in any Grand Theft Auto.

- Where did the idea of ​​mixing a Ferrari emerged, a blonde passenger and those roads reminiscent of southern Europe?

Before OutRun, speed games were very serious. All thought in terms of time, you were bound to be fast. If cars collided, exploded. It was too serious. What was intended was to enjoy driving [gesturing with his hands and simulates two cars colliding or being carried out among them] and, despite this, the player was able to win the first prize, which was what they wanted children and youth. A Ferrari is the best sports car, what better feeling than driving with one hand and have next to a beautiful blonde girl [makes gesture of driving with one hand and hug the passenger with his other arm] and also had music background?

- Are you surprised by the cult that causes the game among fans over the years?

Glad. But I was also thinking of me when I programmed the game and when I chose that car-an unofficial replica of a Ferrari Testarrosa-because for me it was also a dream car.

- It's funny because Horizon Forza 2 game that Microsoft will launch this fall for Xbox 360 and Xbox One, is a game that is clearly inspired by OutRun.

I've only seen demo videos, I could not play it, but instead I think it is an extremely realistic game compared to OutRun.

- Do you play now racing games?

I like Mario Kart-laughs and makes the gesture of lifting a wheel at speed. But overall I do not think there are many games that simulate realistic driving. I like to drive real cars so I prefer to be as realistic as possible.

- You starred in the revolution when it launched three-dimensional graphics and Virtua Fighter Virtua Racing in the early nineties. When SEGA realized that they were ready to make the jump for the consumer?

Nothing I graduated from college I joined SEGA, at 83. In the race, while studying, and researching about 3D, especially in the field of architecture. When I arrived at SEGA wanted to do 3D gaming, but the truth is that the company was not ready to launch games in three dimensions. Hang-On estimated the position of the bikes and the different elements of the screen in three dimensions but then the game will look like other racing game in two dimensions. It was not until 1992, Virtua Racing, I could use the 3D at full capacity in a videogame.

- It is called the father of modern sandbox thank both Shenmue Dreamcast titles that came out earlier in the century. Do you feel that influence in today's games?

I met once with the creators of Grand Theft Auto, who greeted me and thanked me for having created and thanks to that game were able to dispose of their titles because they were a big influence.
The saga hung with the abrupt end of the second game and the players have for years asking for a third installment.

- How do you feel when you ask his followers that game instead of outputting other original ideas?

Shenmue was interrupted and many people were left hanging, so I feel a certain responsibility to continue the saga.

- On the previous answer I am forced to ask the question ... Will Shenmue 3?

If there is chance and opportunity and if the right environment for it is there ...
He has lived very large changes in the industry over the last twenty years, the main step of the two to three dimensions.

- Did you get to experience breakthroughs or believes that the time to devote to more conventional projects has come?

Now I am dedicated to games for smartphone [his last titles have come on this platform], but now does not mean that I will devote only small projects because in the past I worked with great games and tech. I have in mind again involved in major productions.

Fenix has received a thanks from: Giorgio
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Thats awesome Fenix you got to meet him, hear him say all this and have him sign your stuff. What a dream. Good stuff man. Too bad about the camera though.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Thanks Axm.

Anyway if I forgot my camera, el_clown has a lot of material. We just have to wait a little but I promise he made a real good effort to make all fan having the feeling of staying in the conference.

I was sooooo nervous when he appeared, lol. That never happened to me. A funny thing happened when he signed my games is that most of people brought normal Shenmues or even manuals or game's boxes. When I gave my sealed games to Suzuki-san, he changed his face and it seems he was surprised to see it. Maybe he thought I was crazy or something like that.

Fenix has received a thanks from: Axm
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Fenix wrote:Thanks Axm.

Anyway if I forgot my camera, el_clown has a lot of material. We just have to wait a little but I promise he made a real good effort to make all fan having the feeling of staying in the conference.

I was sooooo nervous when he appeared, lol. That never happened to me. A funny thing happened when he signed my games is that most of people brought normal Shenmues or even manuals or game's boxes. When I gave my sealed games to Suzuki-san, he changed his face and it seems he was surprised to see it. Maybe he thought I was crazy or something like that.

Haha id have for sure done the same thing. Although because I have his business card id have him sign that. Im sure he'd freak out.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Previous

Return to Shenmue III