Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:39 am

I live vicariously through all of you, and seeing stuff like the above makes me SO happy lol. :D
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Monkei » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:39 am

Peter wrote:Maybe I will try a full blog when I get home, but God knows when I will post again.

Really, really, really looking forward to that.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Kiske » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:22 am

Peter wrote: I have no words guys. My mind and body have been stretched to the limits in Japan, from partying with voice actors, Sega staff and Shenmue 3 developers, the dinner with Yu-san, a Shenmue pilgrimage of all Shenmue pilgrimages and secrets galore (some not even Shenmue related!!!).......

Maybe I will try a full blog when I get home, but God knows when I will post again. My mind and body need a complete backup, reset, restart.

I'm genuinely happy for you Peter. I think you deserve those moments of joy.

Could you have imagined only two years ago, all the great events you would live through and thanks to your passion for Shenmue? From what you say and what we read here and there about the backers dinner and this journey, Suzuki-San is an absolute true gentleman.

Looking forward to your blog!

Kiske has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:33 am

Switch wrote:
Axm wrote: Boom got it :) Went to TGS with Peter and Adam Sipione. Awesome item :)

Nice, how many attempts did it take? With only a 4% chance of a hit, that's an extremely elusive item!

Incredibly.. I got it on my first try. Peter and Adam not so much.. i'll leave them to comment on how many times cause I sure as hell lost count. In the end, its an extremely rare official item that im proud to have joining my collection. :)

Axm has received 3 thanks from: Anonymous81, Spaghetti, Switch
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Switch » Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:01 am

Switch wrote:
Yokosuka wrote:
japalp wrote:
Amir wrote:New Yu Suzuki interview, in Japanese: http://channel2.skipcity.jp/popup/?md=m ... 560&mh=315

Anything interesting in this? English translation coming soon?

He doesn't seem to talk about Shenmue III anyway.

Yup, I'm working on an English translation of the interview & will post it up once it's done.

The interview was filmed for a retro games (1982-1990) exhibition being held in Saitama over the next several months.

It covers some of Suzuki's life as a kid, getting a job at Sega, some of his arcade games (After Burner, Hang On, Out Run) and his thoughts about game creation - nothing about Shenmue but could still be of interest if you want to hear about his earlier days.

My translation of the interview is now up. I've made a thread for it here.
Switch
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr357 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:40 pm

They've said that Shenmue III would start at Shenhua's house, right? What if that whole closing scene in Shenmue II was just a dream Ryo had? It'd be kind of a cheap cop out, but they could get around all of the dozens of questions and potential plot holes that way.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:53 pm

You don't tantalize people with a very specific cliffhanger for sixteen years and then resolve it by saying it didn't happen.

You just don't.

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Monkei, SMDzero
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby BlueMue » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:54 pm

You won't believe how often I thought of this scenario. That Ryo reached Shenhua's house, went to bed there but everything that happened the next day well... didn't happen at all.

We really don't know what Yu Suzuki is going for nowadays with the mystical stuff but this would be a good way to write that whole flying sword thing out of the game.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KidMarine » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:08 pm

How about they just don't write the flying sword out of the game? The mirrors and the Qing dynasty are obviously mystical if not outright magic.

KidMarine has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Monkei
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Kiske » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 am

Peter wrote: I have no words guys. My mind and body have been stretched to the limits in Japan, from partying with voice actors, Sega staff and Shenmue 3 developers, the dinner with Yu-san, a Shenmue pilgrimage of all Shenmue pilgrimages and secrets galore (some not even Shenmue related!!!).......

Maybe I will try a full blog when I get home, but God knows when I will post again. My mind and body need a complete backup, reset, restart.

Oh, Peter... Just saw this discussion about Shenmue HD.

Do you (also) mean keep #SaveShenmueHD campaign strong by "keep the hope alive"?

Kiske has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:53 am

It's update week. *rubbing hands* Friday can't come soon enough.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby delvec19 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:42 am

Rarely post here, usually a lurker but I saw this posted by a friend today. Trying not to think about Shenmue since III is still so far away but of course it's the first thing I thought of.

delvec19 has received 2 thanks from: James Brown, KidMarine
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Kiske » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Saturday, December 3rd... I have the feeling this is a date we shouldn't (and won't) forget.
And not only because it's #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon.

Kiske has received 4 thanks from: Axm, FlagshipFighter, Monkei, Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FlagshipFighter » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:34 pm

Kiske wrote:Image

Saturday, December 3rd... I have the feeling this is a date we shouldn't (and won't) forget.

Perhaps, but didn't Biscay say not to really expect anything substantial until Magic Monaco 2017?

It could still be an announcement for something Shenmue related, like the HD ports (hopefully). With the game awards coming up too, I hope we get some good news for any of these games and end what's been a busy dev-year for Yu-san and co. on a high note :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:39 pm

FlagshipFighter wrote:
Kiske wrote:Image

Perhaps, but didn't Biscay say not to really expect anything substantial until Magic Monaco 2017?

It could still be an announcement for something Shenmue related, like the HD ports (hopefully). With the game awards coming up too, I hope we get some good news for any of these games and end what's been a busy dev-year for Yu-san and co. on a high note :)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 0013932545

He said:

Things can change but we do not plan big update regarding pics or video before december.

Not that this means something is coming in December, but it seems to imply that they don't intend to go big before that point.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III