Sega of Japan holds survey about older IPs on website

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Sega of Japan holds survey about older IPs on website

Postby Kintor » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:36 am

As spotted by Sega Bits:

SEGA of Japan has launched a new SEGA survey asking fans various questions including what past franchise are they fond of, what character in a particular franchise is important to them and what franchise they’d want to see SEGA revive. This new SEGA survey isn’t surprising seeing as the company promised back in 2015 to be going in a new ‘fan oriented’ direction. With projects like Sonic Mania, Daytona 3 Championship USA, and even bringing back Valkyria Chronicles (not exactly how i’d want but whatever) its easy to see that SEGA will be leaning more towards what fans really want from the company. SEGA Japan says they will announce what games and characters got the most votes on November 20th, 2016. We will of course post the results on the blog, so check back on Sunday.

This new SEGA survey is obviously for a Japanese audience, but regardless of that I think everyone should let their voices be heard, so I encourage all of you to click here and take the survey for yourselves. Please make sure you have a moment to sit and ponder because picking one SEGA game and character to pick is harder than you might think.

If you had to pick one SEGA franchise that was published before 2014 to resurrect, what game would you pick? Let us know in the comments below!

Source: http://segabits.com/blog/2016/11/14/new-sega-survey-asking-fans-what-franchises-they-want-to-see-revived/

Using Google Translate I managed to complete the survey without any trouble. Most of it is simply multiple choice format, where you can select a favourite franchise or character etc. One section in particular seems to have the chance to nominate Ryo Hazuki as your most memorable Sega character. Ryo might even have a chance to win that category seeing as how Sonic wasn't a choice on that list, because the entire Sonic the Hedgehog franchise was an option in the earlier most memorable franchise category. Although, there are plenty of other classic Sega IPs being mentioned as well, if you're so inclined.

There is also an option at the end where you can enter text to request which classic Sega franchise you want to see resurrected; they probably won't read my English writing anyway but it certainly wouldn't hurt. Oh and before anyone asks - I suggested that Golden Axe should be the next franchise resurrected.

Anyway here's a direct link to the survey: https://enq.sega.jp/orca/PA99014021
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Sega of Japan holds survey about older IPs on website

Postby fittersau » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:04 am

Posted on S1 subforum:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50419

fittersau has received a thanks from: Kintor
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rakim » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:20 am

They're testing the waters to see if we want Shenmue 3! This time it's gonna happen guys!

Rakim has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kintor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 pm

fittersau wrote: Posted on S1 subforum:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=50419

Oh well, my bad then. I didn't think to check the S1 forum of all places before posting.

A mod is free to lock this thread if they think it's necessary.

Kintor has received a thanks from: fittersau
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III