(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Will Shenmue 3 Suck? (Total votes: 41)

Yes
29%
No
71%

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm

For someone who has some very specific expectations that the game simply does not meet it might suck.
But for the majority of fans and even gamers in general and from a technical standpoint it surely won't.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:36 am

Sad to say, but all hopes of a complete Shenmue saga my rest in the palms of critic reviews. Shenmue III may very well need to average 9/10's to attract the necessary new fans needed to boost sales and affirm a publishing deal for the saga.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby SlySpy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:34 am

Seeing as how I'm not clairvoyant, I won't pretend to be.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:56 am

Not too long ago I was so desperate that I would be satisfied knowing how the story ends even in manga form. So for me, the game it will not sucks. In fact, I'm sure they are going to do a good job, Suzuki is a perfectionist and it's his 16 years long dream..
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Suzuki Yu » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:39 am

i am surprised a lot of people actually voted?!
i don't think we've seen/know enough to give a concrete expectation whether this game will deliver or not. way too early at this stage! we need a proper trailer or a proper demo before we can expect anything really.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:14 am

Depends on a few things. I reckon I'll be extremely disappointed and find it mediocre, but obviously I'm hoping it'll at least be as good as the second. I think I liked it for different reasons than most people though.

No doubt it'll be the most divisive of the series. There will be those who love it for what it is, those who love it just because it's Shenmue III, and I can defo see a number of drawn out debates on here.

I suppose the good thing is that there are certain people who seem like they'd be impervious to any potential disappointment, which at the very least means it's a game that will be enjoyed by fans.

The bad thing though is I don't think my first playthrough will survive the constant nitpicking.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby elfshadowreaper » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:17 pm

KidMarine wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote: I want it to be really good. My hopes are mild. I think it's more likely to be a meh game. I only hope it sells well so we get a fully funded Shenmue 4 and fills in a good bit of the story we've been waiting to hear. Before the game was announce I think most of us reached a point where we wanted a manga, book or something just to know the rest of the story.

I'm normally a miserable negative douche, but I think you're selling it short. I think we're all going to be pleasantly surprised.

I should have been clearer. I think I'll enjoy the game fine. But it seems like the video game media is predisposed to be super harsh on cult games that are revived after the IP is dormant. This will be magnified if people play the third without playing the first two. The bigger media outlets will probably assign the game to those who have played the first two but I can see a lot of reviewers blasting 3 without ever touching 1 and 2.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mjq jazz bar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Don't know.

Will wait to judge once I see evidence of a game in its playable state.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:59 pm

elfshadowreaper wrote:
KidMarine wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote: I want it to be really good. My hopes are mild. I think it's more likely to be a meh game. I only hope it sells well so we get a fully funded Shenmue 4 and fills in a good bit of the story we've been waiting to hear. Before the game was announce I think most of us reached a point where we wanted a manga, book or something just to know the rest of the story.

I'm normally a miserable negative douche, but I think you're selling it short. I think we're all going to be pleasantly surprised.

I should have been clearer. I think I'll enjoy the game fine. But it seems like the video game media is predisposed to be super harsh on cult games that are revived after the IP is dormant. This will be magnified if people play the third without playing the first two. The bigger media outlets will probably assign the game to those who have played the first two but I can see a lot of reviewers blasting 3 without ever touching 1 and 2.

That's the thing... just look at all the #FakeNews Shenmue III has already had to deal with. Now imagine these same media outlets reviewing it...

The success of Shenmue III and completion of the saga may very well depend on how well we as a community can counteract the inevitable storm of #FakeReviews and promote why the Shenmue saga means more than most realize.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm

I've said it so many times, but when real footage of this game emerges and trailers are made public, true fans of Shenmue are going to be completely blown away by how amazing this game is on a "Shenmue" level.

It really will be a true successor to the previous two games.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Peter wrote: I've said it so many times, but when real footage of this game emerges and trailers are made public, true fans of Shenmue are going to be completely blown away by how amazing this game is on a "Shenmue" level.

Wow...I can't wait to be blown away and go crazy when I see the game in motion. Peter, did Yu Suzuki show you Choubo and Baisha?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby ShenmueLegacy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Peter wrote: I've said it so many times, but when real footage of this game emerges and trailers are made public, true fans of Shenmue are going to be completely blown away by how amazing this game is on a "Shenmue" level.

I hope so. Would certainly rebuild people's faith in the saga and crowdfunding as a whole if YS Net can pull it off.

Lot on the line.
ShenmueLegacy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:57 am

The wait it's hard sometimes, I log in here every now and then just to read if someone have written something about shenmue3, or if someone said any rumor. Reading Peters comment about what he saw encourages a little and give me some strength to fight this wait.

However I am a bit thirsty of news, I wish they show some pictures in next update or a small video with some landscapes. I know Suzuki is very Secretive with his work and i trust him a hundred percent, he will make a game that it will make us proud of him but a few pictures in every update it will help with this hard wait..
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:45 pm

I just thought of something why Yu Suzuki is keeping this project a big secret and not showing much. I think is because he doesn't want anyone copying his new ideas for Shenmue III. He may be waiting until the project is near complete before showing it to the public. Just a thought.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hazuki00 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:28 pm

It could be as you say, I tend to think he is keeping this game a secret just because he doesn't want to show something nnot as perfect as he wants.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III