Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:12 am

A new LBA would be great, though I never got around to playing the second game as I hadn't completed the first.

I tried to replay it some years ago, and the controls/handling hadn't stood the test of time, so a remaster with that aspect updated wouldn't go astray either.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:20 am

Yeah, the controls are a disaster. All the games by the developer feature that odd "hold button to fight" mechanic as well, which is terrible. It's especially bad in Time Commando, which is a beat-em-up. LBA 1&2 are SO charming, though. The music, graphics, and art style are amazing.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Verderame » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Centrale wrote:
Verderame wrote: So, after 14 long years Ubisoft has just announced Beyond Good & Evil 2, aaand:

But this is really making me think, somehow: WOW, MAYBE WE REALLY GOT LUCKY WITH SHENMUE 3 AFTER ALL :lol:

From the perspective of someone who does care about BG&E and has been anticipating it greatly... none of that is upsetting to me. The trailer was incredible. We already knew there were going to be changes based on the art direction of the teaser images they released over the years. Honestly it sounds really cool, being able to seamlessly transition from space to cities on planets - that's what I thought Destiny was going to be like, but with Destiny "space" just turned out to be a menu/loading screen. Solo and multiplayer co-op? Hell yeah! It's not like they shoehorned in PvP death matches. It's an incredible world and will be fun to play in with friends.

The only thing that I don't like - no release date and the fact that they specifically said it is at an early stage of development. Probably be a couple/few more years before it's out.

My point is: imagine if Shenmue 3 was announced as an unrelated prequel with none of the classic characters in it and an online shared world MMO multiplayer-focused structure (basically a shittier Shenmue Online) just because Sega decided that single player games have to be a thing of the past. I would've been on suicide watch honestly :lol:
Verderame
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Outrun

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 pm

Verderame wrote:
Centrale wrote:
Verderame wrote: So, after 14 long years Ubisoft has just announced Beyond Good & Evil 2, aaand:

But this is really making me think, somehow: WOW, MAYBE WE REALLY GOT LUCKY WITH SHENMUE 3 AFTER ALL :lol:

From the perspective of someone who does care about BG&E and has been anticipating it greatly... none of that is upsetting to me. The trailer was incredible. We already knew there were going to be changes based on the art direction of the teaser images they released over the years. Honestly it sounds really cool, being able to seamlessly transition from space to cities on planets - that's what I thought Destiny was going to be like, but with Destiny "space" just turned out to be a menu/loading screen. Solo and multiplayer co-op? Hell yeah! It's not like they shoehorned in PvP death matches. It's an incredible world and will be fun to play in with friends.

The only thing that I don't like - no release date and the fact that they specifically said it is at an early stage of development. Probably be a couple/few more years before it's out.

My point is: imagine if Shenmue 3 was announced as an unrelated prequel with none of the classic characters in it and an online shared world MMO multiplayer-focused structure (basically a shittier Shenmue Online) just because Sega decided that single player games have to be a thing of the past. I would've been on suicide watch honestly :lol:

*reminisces back in 2006*
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby sutoji » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:30 pm

I just read this from an old article concerning VF5 in Yakuza 6 (http://www.dualshockers.com/virtua-figh ... un-60-fps/)
Sega recently announced at PlayStation Experience that Yakuza 6 will come to North America and Europe in early 2018

Not that this is new news but since Shenmue 3 is delayed to early 2018 as well could this be a weird release time I am not trying to say Shenmue 3 is in danger of sales to an outside audience since Yakuza 6 releases in the west at the same time but just struck to me after reading this that they may be releasing at the same time, of course Shenmue 3 could be delayed again.
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:01 pm

sutoji wrote:since Shenmue 3 is delayed to early 2018

Second half of 2018.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby sutoji » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
sutoji wrote:since Shenmue 3 is delayed to early 2018

Second half of 2018.

Sorry I was wrong
sutoji
Banned
Banned

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:23 pm

;-)

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Spaghetti
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Petition to get sutoji to change their avatar to the one with the dog cone.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby b_ren » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:28 am

Ziming wrote: I've received many requests on Youtube to include the dog and bird sounds into the FREE 1 track.

phpBB [video]

There is something really relaxing about this track, could listen to it all day.
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SledgeNE » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:32 am

I got it really good. When I think back in 2002, after I've been through Shenmue II, I was in the ignorance about the continuation. And now I just have to sit back and wait for the release of Shenmue III. I pre-ordered Shenmue III official from the Slacker Backer's Site and i can enjoy the time to release. What a nice feeling. 8)
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Enigma » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:32 am

Any news on us doing something nice for YSNet? I notice the official thread for organising this was deleted after someone got banned.
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby Centrale » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm taking this product sighting as a good omen for things soon to come!

Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:11 pm

phpBB [video]
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League