Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Fan-Edits & Tweaks of New Images Thread

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:56 am

Personally, I like to pretend that Shenmue Online was never a thing. Can't even remember what Ryo looked like there (and thank God for that, as I'm trying to erase that game from my brain).
O Rei do Frango Assado
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:20 am

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote: Personally, I like to pretend that Shenmue Online was never a thing. Can't even remember what Ryo looked like there (and thank God for that, as I'm trying to erase that game from my brain).

Same here. So glad Shenmue Online never actually got released. Having Shenmue shoehorned into an MMORPG always seemd ridiculous to me.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueMue » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:27 am

As much as I hate even just the idea of Shenmue Online one can't deny that they did a really good job with Ryo's look for the CG trailer. In a way they nailed it quite a bit better than Shenmue III currently does. But if you look at Shenhua, she does look very different yet again. I wonder if they're just never happy with the way she looks.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:28 am

Mystere wrote: The Ryo model in the Shenmue Online trailer was and is the best Ryo model, hands down. It personified every Ryo promo image to a tee. It improved upon the Dreamcast models while retaining Ryo's features, and could easily fit into Shenmue III's universe even with its quirky art direction.

The suggestion that the current SIII model is acceptable is laughable. And justifying its limited resemblance to the Ryo we know, with arguments that are essentially "Modern 3D graphics make it hard to model!!!" is equally laughable.

It is my hope that SIII's Gamescom footage reveals these to be old models and we get something that actually looks like Ryo Hazuki.

Yes! I absolutely agree. The Shenmue Online Ryo is the one that they should absolutely aim for. I really, really hope that Yu Suzuki is at least aware of this version.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:30 am

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote: Personally, I like to pretend that Shenmue Online was never a thing. Can't even remember what Ryo looked like there (and thank God for that, as I'm trying to erase that game from my brain).

I uploaded an image of the Shenmue Online Ryo if you want to refresh your memory and see how he looks!
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby O Rei do Frango Assado » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:

I uploaded an image of the Shenmue Online Ryo if you want to refresh your memory and see how he looks!

No, thanks!
O Rei do Frango Assado

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:21 am

O Rei do Frango Assado wrote:
Shenmue_Legend wrote:

No, thanks!

Why not? I mean I also agree that Shenmue Online was a terrible idea but in the trailer, there were a lot of great things. One of them being the model of Ryo Hazuki.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby punkmanced » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

Remember when everyone was universally wowed by Nocon Kid’s awesome remaster?
Had the Shenmue 3 team used a similar Ryo, this debate would be nonexistent.

It’s especially frustrating knowing that he’s on the team, and yet they’re choosing to go in a completely different direction…which is nowhere near ‘there’ yet.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Legend
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 am

punkmanced wrote: Remember when everyone was universally wowed by Nocon Kid’s awesome remaster?

It’s especially frustrating knowing that he’s on the team, and yet they’re choosing to go in a completely different direction…which is nowhere near ‘there’ yet.

Now THAT is the perfect Ryo. Identical to the SO Ryo and the same one used on the Slacker Backer site. =D>
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby KidMarine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:55 am

punkmanced wrote: Remember when everyone was universally wowed by Nocon Kid’s awesome remaster?

But he never looked like that in the games. This is a game, not a tech demo like passport or a piece of promotional art. I don't want Ryo to look like that in-game.

KidMarine has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Esppiral » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:05 am

That is literally the Ryo model from sonic all star racing transformed
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby KidMarine » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:19 am

Esppiral wrote: That is literally the Ryo model from sonic all star racing transformed

Which is the passport model.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:03 pm

KidMarine wrote:

But he never looked like that in the games. This is a game, not a tech demo like passport or a piece of promotional art. I don't want Ryo to look like that in-game.

I do. A lot of other people do. The new model does look indian. I think very few people saw it and went "wow, that's Ryo." The new model is inferior. But hey, not like us bitching here will change anything. The model will be what it will be. And I will play the game regardless.

ChiefNeo has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Trilogy
ChiefNeo

Postby ChiefNeo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I like how you seriously responded to the written equivalent of a Rick Roll.

It wasn't a "Rick Roll" post so stop pretending. Also, for a mod, you tend to stray a bit.

ChiefNeo has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Trilogy
ChiefNeo

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:

Same here. So glad Shenmue Online never actually got released. Having Shenmue shoehorned into an MMORPG always seemd ridiculous to me.

You can deny Shenmue Online AND respect the awesome work of the Ryo's charadesign team.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III