Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshots

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:43 am

south carmain wrote: One thing i am happy about though is that they seemed to have given his jacket its used look again. It bothered me a bit how in previous screens ryo looked like he had just came out of zara.

It's literally the same exact jacket model from the gamescom teaser, with the same texture.

Here you can see a close up of the worn out areas of the jacket. They are in the same place, are the same size, and same opacity as the new image.

Maybe it's harder to see due to the very strange spolight that is on Ryo but it's absolutely the same.

Same situation for the jeans.

I understand that the textures may appear lighter/darker but again that's due to spotlighting and also the fact that one displays a pic of Ryo during late evening when it's becoming dark, and torches are being lit, and the other is him standing in bright daylight.

Anyway, the real amazing thing here is the clothes physics and how materials scrunge up and wrinckle when Ryo moves. As that is actually different between pictures.

But for real I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with that dumb spotlight in the gamescom teaser/pics. Obscured details and gave characters a weird kinda glow.

P.S. I still believe the face models are completely different and no, not because facial expression has been applied.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:57 am

^ I think he meant the E3 2015 model's Jacket, which looked way too shiny and polished.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 am

Rikitatsu wrote: ^ I think he meant the E3 2015 model's Jacket, which looked way too shiny and polished.

But everyhing about Ryo's model has been drastically changed and completely remade since the e3 2015 model, which was only made to use for showing prototype footage for the kickstarter. It was never meant to be represenative of the final game so it's kind of weird to call out the jacket specifically.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm not calling out anything. I'm just stating I'm happy to see it having a used look again since its the first time i noticed it.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ShenmueTree » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Fair enough. For what it's worth, I also like the worn out look.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sappharad » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 pm

Esppiral wrote: It looks great, although I may be the only one that sees this image and sees photohop all over it.

I've been meaning to comment on this, but I keep forgetting.

They've photoshopped several character images in the past, with the most obvious one being the one with Ryo's DC face photoshopped into one of the photos from December 2016. Even the image with the shrine maiden was photoshopped. But in all of those instances, it was pretty easy to prove it was edited - they always had shadows on the characters that didn't match the direction of the shadows in the environment they were in.

In this most recent showing, there is no evidence that I can see of the characters or parts of them being inserted into another image. The shadows on the characters seem to line up just fine with the environment around them. To me this looks more like a "photo mode", similar to racing games or Mario Odyssey where additional effects are enabled that probably won't be used in-game.

Either way we'll see it in motion in about a month so, I don't have any concerns right now.

Sappharad has received a thanks from: ShenmueTree
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:58 am

I'm not sure if any screenshot since the Gamescom teaser shows any evidence of being photoshopped (with the exception of announcements of things like new characters.) I think the team are at the point of feeling confident enough about the environments and character models to show them off directly in-engine from now on. Sure there will be a few concerns about facial animations amongst some but everything else seems to be really on point.

I think the last photoshopped image I can recall is Image which didn't really try to portray itself as being taken directly from the game.

I do which I could there was a picture with a clean background though! I wanna see that location more!
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby celsowm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am

ShenmueTree wrote: I'm not sure if any screenshot since the Gamescom teaser shows any evidence of being photoshopped (with the exception of announcements of things like new characters.) I think the team are at the point of feeling confident enough about the environments and character models to show them off directly in-engine from now on. Sure there will be a few concerns about facial animations amongst some but everything else seems to be really on point.

I think the last photoshopped image I can recall is Image which didn't really try to portray itself as being taken directly from the game.

I do which I could there was a picture with a clean background though! I wanna see that location more!

image not found here
edit: now fixed
celsowm
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: celsowmbr
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby adom11800 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm

^ I can already see the game looking colourful and the feel of the original. I hope there will be a Shenmue music twich/stream before Magic Monaco!
adom11800

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:02 pm

adom11800 wrote:I hope there will be a Shenmue music twich/stream before Magic Monaco!

I could be wrong, but I think the Dojo channel has one every 3rd of the month during the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby adom11800 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
adom11800 wrote:I hope there will be a Shenmue music twich/stream before Magic Monaco!

I could be wrong, but I think the Dojo channel has one every 3rd of the month during the #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon.

You're right about that but there has been ones before like before E3 and Gamescom. It makes the Shenmue 3 hype train go faster lol.
adom11800

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:01 am

So will someone from Shenmue Master, the Dojo or Team Yu be there to talk to Yu?

I was just wondering, maybe we could gather some ideas for questions on here again?

I'd like to know what's going on now that Deep Silver has been bought by THQ Nordic.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am

A number of community interviews are scheduled. Questions have already been prepared and locked in though.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hyo Razuki » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am

Have they? When was that? Anyway, I think we should really add in the THQ Nordic-Deep Silver question. We only know about this since last tuesday.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am

I don't mean the questions have been arbitrarily locked in out of laziness, I mean it really is too late to change them.

Each interview will have been prepared differently but here's a link to the closed submissions thread for one of them.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III