UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: UPDATE #80 MAGIC 2018: New Pics Up!

Postby Valascaziel » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:15 am

They do look good, but I'd appreciate a little more transparency going forward.

MAGIC was a PR disaster and showed footage that is, judging by comments from back then, at least 9-12 months old. For 2018 to be "The Year of Shenmue", I would expect a little more.

These could've been released and MAGIC skipped or untyped. I expect complete silence for March, April and only a slight update in May with a couple new screens and saying they are skipping E3...pessimistic but that's what I've come to expect.

Valascaziel has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JohnBlack » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 am

Muscle guy's right hand is going through his body, lol.
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

This pictures looks awesome. But i think it's too short for a Release-year. I wait the next months. So fast nothing will happen for sure.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

ShenmueTree wrote: All the pictures of Ryo have the SAME EXACT facial expression. It's clearly the new model but it's extra obvious the facial animations haven't been added yet.

Also everyone keeps saying that Ryo is trying to attack this guy, I don't think that's accurate. It looks more like they're both looking at something that caught their eye far off in the distance, they're looking up so maybe something in the sky.

Yesterday at Magic Yu explained that the guy is a very powerful and “eccentric” kung fu master, so he probably asked Ryo to try and hit him from behind.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Did he say anything else related to the game/story ??
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Romain Mahut from Gameblog will publish his interview with Yu Suzuki soon. He said he was frustrated by the live translation and feeling like Bill Murray in Lost In Translation.

He's the journalist who claimed that Shenmue HD remaster is planned by Sega, and claimed it again yesterday. He just does not know when.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Centrale » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:00 pm

The characters are starting to look really good! You can see a lot of care has gone into their textures. It really looks like an evolution of the painterly style of OG Shenmue.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:17 pm

shredingskin wrote: Did he say anything else related to the game/story ??

Nothing that I managed to catch, sadly. My French isn’t good and the translator spoke very fast and in a low tone voice.

We’ll have to wait for Switch’s translation, but I doubt Yu spoke about anything big.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby BlueMue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:10 pm

It didn't mean to entirely miss to buzz around Magic but it was still a somewhat concieous decsion of mine not to look on the computer too much. Seems I didn't miss too much.

As I have started to not expect too much from the updates I wasn't hoping for something big at all but this still felt very light on content even with that mentalitly. I like the new screenshots and some of the extra footage in the extended trailer is great and I'd say better stuff than what was shown to everyone in the regular trailer but it's still old old footage and it's still not uploaded by them for the general public. Still need to know what Yu was saying and the subsequent new interviews but if they aren't holding back a lot of stuff the whole 20th anniversary release thing seems another bit more likely.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Your Boy Leroy
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby SPG » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Master Mo wrote: This update rubs me the wrong way... They had this trailer in August 2017 which was quite great aside of the lag of eye animations but then it is revealed that there was a different version for media for some reason. Now half a year later they chose to show this extended version exclusive to people attending this event.

What is this? They can choose whatever they want to show but the second you show anything to an external source they have to make sure the backers get to see that as well... I backed this game for 300$ and I have to put up with footage taken with a cam? I don`t get it.

Aside of the clipping of the building these new pictures look great. Really like the new models. It is just weird to see updated pictures but older footages that doesn`t reflect the changes in these new pictures.

Everything about Shemue 3 rubs me the wrong way. Maybe if people started being vocal and stopped defending eveyr questionable action by Yu Suzuki we could see REAL progress. I have a video on the subject here:

phpBB [video]
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby T-POH™ » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:57 am

sand4fish wrote: Image

T-POH™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: in the mud with my sister

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:17 am

SPG wrote:
Master Mo wrote: This update rubs me the wrong way... They had this trailer in August 2017 which was quite great aside of the lag of eye animations but then it is revealed that there was a different version for media for some reason. Now half a year later they chose to show this extended version exclusive to people attending this event.

What is this? They can choose whatever they want to show but the second you show anything to an external source they have to make sure the backers get to see that as well... I backed this game for 300$ and I have to put up with footage taken with a cam? I don`t get it.

Aside of the clipping of the building these new pictures look great. Really like the new models. It is just weird to see updated pictures but older footages that doesn`t reflect the changes in these new pictures.

Everything about Shemue 3 rubs me the wrong way. Maybe if people started being vocal and stopped defending eveyr questionable action by Yu Suzuki we could see REAL progress. I have a video on the subject here:

phpBB [video]
You joined a Shenmue fan forum to tell everyone Shenmue 3 is a scam?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:09 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote:
SPG wrote:

phpBB [video]
You joined a Shenmue fan forum to tell everyone Shenmue 3 is a scam?

No I joined to talk about Shenmue and share my fan made trailer. I'm not stating Shemue 3 is a scam directly, I'm implying it and hoping for a discussion on some of the points I made in the video and how they aren't exactly kosher.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:30 pm

It's not a scam.

Deep Silver wouldn't be publishing it it were a scam.

Thanks.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby SPG » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:57 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: It's not a scam.

Deep Silver wouldn't be publishing it it were a scam.

Thanks.

Its no skin off Deep Silvers nose until there's an actual game to be published. Deep Silver have no vested interest (financial) until there is an actual product to be published, marketed and distributed.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III