SEGA: No plans for Shenmue III

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Martin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:23 am

They quoted him out of context, in order that it wasn't too crushing a blow for us fans. I was there, and what he actually said was:

There are no plans for [Shenmue III], right now I could do with a sandwhich.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby 2ndOpp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 am

Kenz0 wrote:well, so much for intelligent conversation...just trying to give an educated opinion on PR of video game industry, and I get ripped for it....

No man, your ok, not ripping on you. Just having fun with the fact that we aren't getting Shenmue III yet.... In situations like this you either laugh or cry

I'm going with sarcastic laughter :(
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:24 am

Think logically guys, it isn't Sega's fault that there is no Shenmue 3. It's global warming. If it weren't for Al Gore, we'd know where Lan Di's grave is.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby 2ndOpp » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Maybe we'll get lucky and the Sega of America president just doesn't know what Sega of Japan is up to... It's happened before.

Someone set up a interview with SoJ and Yu to talk to the Dojo...
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:10 am

TiredofLife wrote:
MadeManG74 wrote:Virtua Tennis 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Condemned 1 and 2, Medieval Total War 2, upcoming games like MADWORLD, Alpha Protocol, Aliens, Empire Total War, Infinite Line etc

Virtua Fighter 5 was the only decent game out of all of those. And neither of the two Condemned titles were developed by Sega, just published by them. The others are just tripe. Nothing anyone really wants.
[/quote]

That's just the DC fanboy talking in you. SEGA's lineup is phenomenal this year, do you even know what half of those titles are? VT3, VF5, Condemned, Total War, MADWORLD, Alpha Protocol, Infinite Space (Infinite Line), Bayonetta, Sambe de Amigo, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, Phantasy Star Universe, Valykyria Chronicles all either did really good, got rave reviews, or are looking great, or all of the above. Just because SEGA doesn't make sequels to their best games, doesn't mean they can't release great games.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby VGAce » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:51 pm

^That has to be the most positive thing I've heard someone say about Sega on these forums in a long time...and I can't say I agree. :?
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby 2ndOpp » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:55 am

I was excited about Sonic Unleashed until I saw the "night time" levels.... But I may still end up picking it up
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:34 am

elfshadowreaper wrote:Think logically guys, it isn't Sega's fault that there is no Shenmue 3. It's global warming. If it weren't for Al Gore, we'd know where Lan Di's grave is.

Man bear big!

HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 am

i really don't remember the last sega game i played... i think it was condemned 2
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Supa » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:49 pm

I want Shenmue III as much as anyone on here, but it doesn't mean that evey SEGA game that isn't Shenmue III shouldn't be bothered with. Some are crap, some aren't, you have to have an open mind.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:10 pm

So what else is new? :lol:

Still the same ol sega I see.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby ToL » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:39 pm

AVGVSTVS CÆSAR wrote:I want Shenmue III as much as anyone on here, but it doesn't mean that evey SEGA game that isn't Shenmue III shouldn't be bothered with. Some are crap, some aren't, you have to have an open mind.

We all have open minds.

We all enjoy many other games besides Shenmue.

But SEGA aren't what they were and that is a fact. The games they churn out today just don't have the same magic they did from the Master System right upto the DC.

That's pretty much all we are getting at. We wanna see the real Sega back, not the shell of a company we see now.

I'm sure many people will still enjoy SEGA's current and upcoming games, but then another many won't. Their games today just don't capture that quality that SEGA once had. Nowhere near.

They are good games, just not GREAT games.

SEGA don't utilise the development teams they have right under their noses (the teams that really made SEGA the superb company they were).

Instead, they seem to pick up third party companies and let them run with their franchises. I would love to see SEGA give more projects to their internal development teams once again. Maybe then we'll see some of that 'SEGA magic' I spoke of.
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Ri_oh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:50 pm

^Agreed. Sega needs to look at their once strong internal development. Some of their games like Condemned which were developed by an outside company were alright. But seeing them as a publishing giant makes them no different than a company like EA. They have no flare left behind their name.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby fuku_san » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:01 am

AM2 still exist?
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss