Thoughts on Ziming Hong NOT being one of the four leaders?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Thoughts on Ziming Hong NOT being one of the four leader

Postby JMan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Thanks man, its words like this that make me feel Shenmue 3 isn't all a lost cause.
JMan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Hadesillo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:26 pm

First time I played Shenmue 2 fifteen years ago I thought it was clear he was Baihu and I still think the same.
Hadesillo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: Hadesillo
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MJC The Great » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:45 pm

Hadesillo wrote: First time I played Shenmue 2 fifteen years ago I thought it was clear he was Baihu and I still think the same.

Well, Baihu means white tiger so I think it's still entirely possible that he is the western leader. I guess following that logic the northern and perhaps most mysterious leader is master Xuánwǔ. :lol:
MJC The Great

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Just Cause 2

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:49 pm

aizen59 wrote: Maybe at some point, Ziming was a leader (i cannot confirm, i don't know, i am just guessing) and then the story has changed. I think that's possible.

But from what i have seen, the character on the upper left fits perfectly, there is no mistake. The last character i saw could fit into that supposed Ziming shadow, that's how i feel about it.

Yu Suzuki told me that he was not one of the leaders so UNLESS he plan to change it during the development, Ziming is, right now, not one of the leaders, i am 100% sure.

He also said this :

"You can tell them the following names : Koutei and Gentei. I want fans to imagine them."

So pretty much, as a gift to all of us, he provided names so you could try to imagine how they look like.

Giving us everything through an interview, artworks, all story details would pretty much mean he's giving up and as you can see, that's not the case.

Let's keep pushing Sega or any other company that could make Shenmue III a reality because, trust me, Yu Suzuki is a genius and i would feel very bad if Shenmue III never get a release date.

Have you seen a picture of Tentei? The first time I saw that comic with Niao Sun and Ziming (this was before the picture of the four leaders was released), my first thought was that they had to be roughly equal in the ChiYouMen. The description of Niao Sun's personality sounds like she's the type that wouldn't respond well to being treated so abrasively by an underling. I could possibly see Ziming being a trusted right-hand to Niao Sun, and that allows him to speak to her like that, but I could also see Niao Sun being not entirely respectful to someone higher than her, which would be Tentei.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:16 pm

aizen59 wrote: Maybe at some point, Ziming was a leader (i cannot confirm, i don't know, i am just guessing) and then the story has changed. I think that's possible.

But from what i have seen, the character on the upper left fits perfectly, there is no mistake. The last character i saw could fit into that supposed Ziming shadow, that's how i feel about it.

Yu Suzuki told me that he was not one of the leaders so UNLESS he plan to change it during the development, Ziming is, right now, not one of the leaders, i am 100% sure.

He also said this :

"You can tell them the following names : Koutei and Gentei. I want fans to imagine them."

So pretty much, as a gift to all of us, he provided names so you could try to imagine how they look like.

Giving us everything through an interview, artworks, all story details would pretty much mean he's giving up and as you can see, that's not the case.

Let's keep pushing Sega or any other company that could make Shenmue III a reality because, trust me, Yu Suzuki is a genius and i would feel very bad if Shenmue III never get a release date.

What is it you were told exactly? Did you not say something in the past about how you were told the ending? Or something you were sworn to secrecy?
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Fenix » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:26 am

When Yu said he wanted us to imagine the other leader, was he asking us to draw them?
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Previous

Return to Shenmue III