Xbone Version

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: I am crying: Xbox One Version?

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Who the fuck wants an xbox one in the first place!?

Who would not use a WiiU PC combo?
Well I suppose the PS4's OK but I wouldn't get one until one turns up on the carboot for at the most 20 quid.
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby punkmanced » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Shibiryo wrote: I know that this is a personal issue but it is so bad that I've got to potentially ditch my Xbone for a PS4 for Shenmue 3. I don't for the life of me want to play it on a PC so I was thinking about watching a YouTube LP first instead before experiencing it on PS4 when that's cheap. I prefer a Xbone version than PS4 since well I like the console better and that's it since it has a more preferrable library of games, Halo, Gears, etc.

I am very certain that there will bo no Xbone version and that makes me quite sad. Just saying guys..

:-s
Dude…just start saving money for a PS4.
You’ve got well over 2 years; not exactly a big deal.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Stop being a fanboy.

Axm has received a thanks from: SickOctopus
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby johnvivant » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:39 am

pretty sure it will come to xbox eventually. its my preferred system too, but i also have a ps4 so i can play it on there until xbox version comes out.

really looking forward to pc 60fps version too. it was a great move not restricting it to just console. a much larger user base is possible now, something the original games didn't really have.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:55 am

^Ooooooooh, yes! PC version Shenmue 3, connected to TV via HDMI cable, Dreamcast controller with this USB-adaptor or at least Xbox 360 controller (gives you almost a Dreamcast feeling), sitting on the sofa, rolling at a smooth 60fps with a cool beer on the table in front of me. That's my way of playing Shenmue! 8)

Like a boss! :king: ;-)

Hyo Razuki has received 3 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, johnvivant, shengoro86
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:03 am

Hyo Razuki wrote: ^Ooooooooh, yes! PC version Shenmue 3, connected to TV via HDMI cable, Dreamcast controller with this USB-adaptor or at least Xbox 360 controller (gives you almost a Dreamcast feeling), sitting on the sofa, rolling at a smooth 60fps with a cool beer on the table in front of me. That's my way of playing Shenmue! 8)

Like a boss! :king: ;-)

Um, don't use a 360 controller, the D Pad sucking will really be a serious problem in a Shenmue game. Just watch the lets plays of Shenmue 2, It's not a pretty picture(and some of them are even using just bought brand new 360 controllers, yet the D pad is still a broken POS).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:19 am

Oh, OK. Thanks for the heads-up. I hope this Dreamcast-adaptor thing will work fine with S3. I want my Dreamcast feeling. :D
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Gen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:24 am

johnvivant wrote: pretty sure it will come to xbox eventually. its my preferred system too, but i also have a ps4 so i can play it on there until xbox version comes out.

really looking forward to pc 60fps version too. it was a great move not restricting it to just console. a much larger user base is possible now, something the original games didn't really have.

I really hope the ps4 is 60fps aswell. It's baffling that 60fps has not yet become the standard for games. Every game should be 60fps. I played the last of us on ps4 with 60fps and it really looks amazing, better than most ps4 games I would say just because of the framerate. 60fps shouldn't be just for action games which some people think. It really takes immersion to another level and I've always felt that a Shenmue game in 60fps would be fantastic.
Gen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby johnvivant » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:45 am

Gen wrote:
I really hope the ps4 is 60fps aswell. It's baffling that 60fps has not yet become the standard for games.

i agree. we're just assuming at this point given the current trend of having these types of games run at 30fps even on current gen.

if the HD ports happen i feel that they should definitely be 60fps, and would love for this to continue in to shenmue 3 on console.

the ps4 yakuza games all run in 60fps and its amazing!
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Gen wrote:
johnvivant wrote: pretty sure it will come to xbox eventually. its my preferred system too, but i also have a ps4 so i can play it on there until xbox version comes out.

It's baffling that 60fps has not yet become the standard for games.

Not really. To make a game run at 60fps on consoles the graphics need to take a hit due to the extra processing power needed and since graphics are one of the main selling points I don't see the majority of companies willing to take that hit ever especially when the average console gamer isn't used to playing anything above it.

We can at least be happy it's the norm for racing and fighting games though I guess.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:04 pm

The Last of Us is a PS3 game ported to PS4, they had no excuse to not reaching the 60 fps. Seeing this standard applied for Shenmue 3 on PS4 is very unrealistic. YSnet should rather focus on 30 fps with full stability (stability is the main problem of the modern consoles).
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby rigo8582 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:46 pm

I would prefer it on the Xbox one as well. I'm sure it will eventually release on the Xbox One after their deal with sony is done. There is the PC version, and by then there will the xbox one wireless adapter. So you can use the xbox one controller on the PC.

For me my PS4 don't get used very much, so Shenmue 3 will be a reason it gets turned on. To say my XB1 gets used more then my PS4 would be an understatement.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582

Postby Gen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:09 pm

south carmain wrote:
Not really. To make a game run at 60fps on consoles the graphics need to take a hit due to the extra processing power needed

I'm aware of that. My point is that their priorities are wrong IMO. A higher framerate more than compensates for a slightly lower polygon count and less flashy particle effects. And today it's fully possible to have games that look very detailed AND run at 60fps, The last of us being an example. I know it's a ps3 game ported to ps4, that only highlights my point because I think it looks better than most 30fps games on ps4 simply because of the frametrate, even if it's less detailed.

Furthermore the framerate is part of the graphics both in terms of look but also how the game feels. I recently tried Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne on ps4. Dark Souls 2, also a port, is definitely the better looking game. Bloodborne may run on a newer engine and may look a bit more detailed, but that doesn't matter since the the game looks very sluggish compared to Dark Souls 2, because that game has a much higher framerate. (I think it's a pretty consistent 60fps)
Gen

Postby south carmain » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Gen wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Not really. To make a game run at 60fps on consoles the graphics need to take a hit due to the extra processing power needed

I'm aware of that. My point is that their priorities are wrong IMO.

In your opinion. You don't run a business that has to adapt to the market though.

The truth is that the average console gamer doesn't care about framerates and shinier graphics are much more of a selling point. Until that changes there's no point in blaming the companies for adapting to the market especially in an industry where competition is so fierce.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Gen » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:32 pm

south carmain wrote:
Gen wrote:
south carmain wrote:

I'm aware of that. My point is that their priorities are wrong IMO.

In your opinion. You don't run a business that has to adapt to the market though.

The truth is that the average console gamer doesn't care about framerates and shinier graphics are much more of a selling point. Until that changes there's no point in blaming the companies for adapting to the market especially in an industry where competition is so fierce.

Ok, I'm blaming the average console gamer then. :P
Gen

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III