Shenmue 3 nominated at the Golden Joystick Awards 2016

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 nominated at the Golden Joystick Awards 2016

Postby Rikitatsu » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 pm

Yokosuka wrote: What has Overwatch so special? Is really that fun? This game is grabbing all the awards.

I used to ask the same question, until a friend pressured me into buying it... I have to say it's easily the best Multiplayer FPS out there. Extremely polished with a diverse set of characters that are really fun to play.

Worth the full price, I say.

Honestly I was planning to get BF1 or Titanfall 2, but after playing Overwatch I have no desire to play other Multiplayer FPSs.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:16 am

Fuck mass effect lol

I've only played the first 2, and the 2nd one that everyone says it's the best to me was a lackluster, all you do THE WHOLE game is getting your team, I can't even remember the plot but was something like "a threat is coming, better get some people" "you got the people you need ? Ok, now buy the next game".

The first game blew my mind with the facial models and overall graphics (played it on x360), now it's just another game in terms of tech.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:30 am

The_Fuzileiro wrote:
Monkei wrote:
The_Fuzileiro wrote: Aaaaannnd the winner is: Mass Effect Andromedaaaaaa

What a joke...

How is that a joke? Unless you're a huge Shenmue fanboy of course. The mass Effect games so far were great, it's really no wonder people are looking forward to where the series is going.

With God of war, Resident Evil and Final Fantasy in the list... you really really believe this bullshit was right? For me... it smells like cash being roling out on the backgrounds of this award event.

It's ok Shenmue didn't win... but Mass Effect?

This other garbage named Overwatch... I almost punched my monitor seeing his name winning all that categories.

I must be getting old... this rotten mutiplyer games gives me a feel that my time is over... I must quit with video-games.

Well, if you take a look at the most recent entries in each of those franchises you'll notice that most of them kinda sucked. Lightning Returns FFXIII holds a 66 (!) on Metacritic. Resident Evil 6 (PS3) a 74. People (apparently rightfully) disliked those two. God of War Ascension holds an 80, which is alright, but way below the series' standards. I played it - it was pretty forgettable and made the God of War formula feel played out. Mass Effect 3? A 93. Sure, people disliked the ending, but I don't think it hurt the series as a whole that much. All four of these franchises let people down in a way, but Mass Effect did so the least. It was the weak ending of an otherwise excellent game that led to all the criticism. So Mass Effect winning this makes a lot of sense I think. Why not.

Same goes for Overwatch. Don't hate. Makes you look ugly.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:58 am

The truth is... there's only a few games I still want to play. You know... I like horror games... like Sillent Hill, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame. Action games like Dino Crisis, Parasite Evil... but, this kind of game doesn't happen to appear anymore. All this kind of games were abandoned because of the focus on fps and multilayer, in my way of view.

Then when I see games like overwatch winning the top categories in an award event... I feel my time has past. I must stay on the emulators. So of course the problem is me... this games surely have their attraction, their beauty... I just can't see it.
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Monkei » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Maybe try something new every once in a while? Might slow your mental aging a little. I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters either, but there's definitely stuff worth checking out in that genre. Like Bioshock. And besides, I can't really agree on the industry's focus being solely on FPS and multiplayer these days. There's plenty of non-FPS singleplayer fun to be had. I don't play multiplayer stuff and rarely buy a first person game and still can't catch up to my backlog.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:34 pm

In my opinion, the best game ever will always be Shenmue. Nothing even comes close to it, and I've played a lot of games. Feel free to disagree if you want to though!
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:37 pm

Shenmue_Music wrote: In my opinion, the best game ever will always be Shenmue. Nothing even comes close to it, and I've played a lot of games. Feel free to disagree if you want to though!

Careful there!

Remember where you are... death threats incoming :mrgreen:

Kiske has received a thanks from: Shenmue_Music
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Shenmue_Music » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Kiske wrote:
Shenmue_Music wrote: In my opinion, the best game ever will always be Shenmue. Nothing even comes close to it, and I've played a lot of games. Feel free to disagree if you want to though!

Careful there!

Remember where you are... death threats incoming :mrgreen:

:shock: :heart: . *Grabs shotgun, waits patiently!*
Shenmue_Music
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby delvec19 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm kinda behind on the times of current gaming as well. My most current system is a PS3, my friends and I were very involved in the COD series when it was good. It got kind of ridiculous though and it caused most of us to fade out of the scene.

I've only played 1 PS4 game ever and it was Uncharted 4, borrowed my brother's PS4 for a couple weeks. No interest in anything else. I only plan on buying one (most likely a Pro since I do have a 4K TV) for when Shenmue comes out.

Actually really want the NES classic but of course it's sold out everywhere.
delvec19
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:00 am

Monkei wrote: Maybe try something new every once in a while? Might slow your mental aging a little. I'm not a huge fan of first person shooters either, but there's definitely stuff worth checking out in that genre. Like Bioshock. And besides, I can't really agree on the industry's focus being solely on FPS and multiplayer these days. There's plenty of non-FPS singleplayer fun to be had. I don't play multiplayer stuff and rarely buy a first person game and still can't catch up to my backlog.

Maybe I expressed myself wrongly... I didn't mean the industry just focus on FPS and MULTIPLAYER, of course we have other genres like RPG, sports, action-adventure games... yes we do have them a lot! But most of them doesn't have good focus on a strong story-telling.
There still some I love to play, and have the power to bring some "feeling" while playing. Red Dead Redemption is one of them. The question is we count this games in the palm of the hands this generation!

I have an Xbox One... and you know what were the titles that gave me that "good feeling" when playing? GTA V! A remaster from the past! Another two> Resident Evil 0 and 1... another remaster.

You see? Gears of war was a good game? Yes, of course it was. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare was fantastic when I played. Ryse, the huge lie in this generation in my point of view was tremendous! I thought that was the pattern for graphics of future games... but it was one of a kind.

I wanna play Uncharted 4, love the game... I wanna play Until Down, excellence story-telling, it pleases me a lot.

There are a couple of games that "holds" me as a gamer... but they are too little for me. One or two in a entire year.

That's boring.
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Monkei » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:13 am

I kinda get you. Get rid of that Xbox then! :p PS4 is the system for us old schoolers I reckon. It's more indie-friendly, it gets more stuff from Japan if you're into that, it's more successful and thus automatically gets more games, especially more risky/niche/creative stuff. Unless you simply can't get excited about games anymore of course. In that case switching consoles won't help you either.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Previous

Return to Shenmue III