Xbone Version

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: I am crying: Xbox One Version?

Postby Master Kyodai » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:25 pm

I'd save for a good GFX card on your PC. Look at GTA V and how it looks on a good PC. Look how many mods there are on PC enhancing playability and fun. Makes all consoles look so poor.

Look at this and still say you wanna play games on a PS4:

phpBB [video]
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:25 am

Master Kyodai wrote: I'd save for a good GFX card on your PC. Look at GTA V and how it looks on a good PC. Look how many mods there are on PC enhancing playability and fun. Makes all consoles look so poor.

Look at this and still say you wanna play games on a PS4:

phpBB [video]

Been gaming for over 30 years. Have owned and used every console prior to this gen with very few exceptions (mostly those before my time, 1st gen etc.) Also build my own gaming PCs when I can afford to. Have been using my gaming rig for multiplatform games this gen so far (Witcher 3 runs great even on what is in my case a rapidly aging system,) because 8th gen consoles just have not quite managed to entice me yet as they have in years past.

If I have the money, my preference is both. However, when I don't - which is usually the case - I go console. Yes, there are disadvantages. Lack of modding and choice of performance settings (what if I want to turn AA off to get a better frame rate because in a certain game AA matters less to me than draw distance? Can't do that on a console) being the main ones for me.

But consoles give me consistency and convenience. They also have exclusives I can't play on PC. I'm a gamer. I couldn't care less about what platform I'm playing on. I go where the games I want to play are, at the price I can afford. Not everything has to be the best it can possibly be at all times. If I'm on a budget, I go console personally.

*Watches video* Yep, that's great and all. I still prefer console when I have to choose. :)
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:17 am

I don't get the thread title. I mean, why are you crying? You have like two years to save up for a ps4.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:49 pm

It's a shame as I have an xbone but oh well, I'm first and foremost glad it's getting made and that it's still releasing on pc, I'll be sure to get a new laptop by then...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Re: Xbone Version

Postby Shibiryo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:01 am

How am I supposed to play Shenmue and Halo on the same console now?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby south carmain » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:05 am

Shibiryo wrote: How am I supposed to play Shenmue and Halo on the same console now?

Buy a PS4 and plug it in to the "hdmi in" port
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Shibiryo » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:18 am

^ Does that actually work?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:42 am

lol it does but there is no benefit really, you might as well hook it up to the tv directly. you still have to use the ps4 controller.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:04 am

well, not bothered to try that.
Last edited by Shibiryo on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexh86 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Do you not know any friends or family who have/will have a PS4? They might be willing to let you borrow it for a week in exchange for your Xbox or maybe even just to be nice.

Alternatively, if you start saving now, you could very comfortably save a little at a time and just buy a console when Shenmue is coming out. They'll probably be $300 by that point so if you just put a $10 in a shoe box or coffee can every month between now and December 2017, you'll only be $30 away from the price of the console. They'll probably be bundling a game or PS Plus time with the console as well so that will just be extra goodness!
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shibiryo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Am I allowed to say that I just dont give a shitstake about this version anymore?

Sure, Xbox should have a version and I don't really see it coming unless money, money, money. Money is needed and that is just a fact people. Otherwise there's 0 chance of accomplishing anything like a port to distinct consoles apart from what Shenmue 3 is intended to be released on now. Sony you smartasses Shenmue is pretty much in your hands, well done.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Hopefully SONY handle it better than when it was in microsoft's hands.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Zoltor » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:14 pm

south carmain wrote: Hopefully SONY handle it better than when it was in microsoft's hands.

Lol Sony is already handling it, better then MS handled 2. MS doesn't now, nor did they ever understand the gaming industry(I mean who the hell pays millions to get exclusivity, yet doesn't advertise it).

Just the fact Sony announced it at E3, is already better then the MS handling.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby SMDzero » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:51 am

X-Bone will never get Shenmue 3 because Microsoft basically "boned" Shenmue when they literally STOLE Shenmue 2 right out of the hands of Dreamcast owners, botched their port in every conceivable way, and then proceeded to spend exactly $8.42 on the advertising campaign!
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Anonymous81 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:50 pm

The reason Shenmue 3, for the time being, won't be on Xbox One, is because despite acknowledging that they receive massive requests for Shenmue on the Xbox platform, Phil Spencer decided to choose other IPs over Shenmue 3 because they felt those titles were a better fit for their platform from a marketing, publishing, and exclusivity standpoint.

Said Spencer (quoting from TeamYu's site http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?topic=309.0 )

"The Shenmue 3 announcement was not a real surprise to me. Our industry is not that big you know, we are aware of most of the deals which are being established. Yu Suzuki and the games he made represent an important part of gaming history. It's cool that he succeeded in his Kickstarter, although I think a lot of work remains to give fans the Shenmue they expect. I know he stays very focused.

"Yes I have spoken with Suzuki [before the deal]. As I said before, our industry is a tiny world. Whether you are from Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft or a developer... we all know each other. We talk with everyone, but we can't make marketing deals with everyone. It's just impossible. So you have to choose the games you think are going to have the biggest impact on your gaming system.

"Personally I'm focused on one goal: raise our first party titles. You saw our catalog this year... all the time and money you spend on marketing deals in the short term take you away from what you could do with your own games. I want to concentrate on our exclusive titles for our Xbox fans."

Essentially they had the opportunity to bag Shenmue 3 for Xbox One, and decided it wasn't worth it for them... at this time. That said, never say never. If the game is reasonably successful and funding a port would be cost effective from MS's point of view, there's no reason they could never port to Xbox One.

But I wouldn't hold your breath for the time being.

Note: None of that should be construed as a knock against Xbox or Phil. Phil is infinitely preferable imho to Don "maybe you care about bandwidth caps and lack of internet connectivity if you're on a submarine, but if so, buy a 360 instead of an Xbox One!" Mattrick (heavily paraphrased for satire, needless to say.) And Xbox 360 was my platform of choice last gen, even though this gen I'll be passing.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III