Sega's Scott Steinberg mentions Shenmue III

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:21 pm

^

That is correct. Konami are an influence to other gaming companies for listening to their fans. Same goes for Capcom.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Andy Hughes » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:58 am

Okay thanks Henry.
Andy Hughes
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: My Guitar ;)

Postby VGAce » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:51 pm

Although I agree that it's unfair we've been left in the dark about Shenmue and other classic Sega series, there are reasons behind it other than "Sega ignores their fans." You have to understand that Sega is a lot lower on the rung of game developers than Konami or Capcom. They're still recovering from years of failure in the hardware market, and they don't have the funds to appease every request made by fans. Capcom and Konami can afford to run these risks because they're major developers with a huge fanbase around the world (not just in certain regions). I have no doubt that if Sega were on the same financial level and had equal renown as those two developers, we'd be seeing a lot of new and risky projects (some of which would undoubtedly be new installments of old series). It's unfair, but when you root for a losing team, you've got to be ready for some disappointments.
VGAce
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Joe Pesci » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:00 am

I just wish I could sneak into the Sega CEO's office, and give the guy a soda and have a personal chat. Shenmue III would be all I'd discuss, specifically, why the f#%^ can't we get a definitive answer.

Not a Coca-Cola Product I hope, because that would be copyright infringement.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Hombaca_05 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:42 pm

Stocka wrote:
thebestbit wrote:as ive said before i wont but a console for 1 game, not even Shenmue. Its not why i got my DC or why i got my Xbox

I will. Unfortunately for my wallet.

Well, I did buy my Xbox because of Shenmue 2, so I suppose if S3 comes for PS3, i'd have to buy one.....not for 600 bucks, though!
Hombaca_05
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to Shenmue III