The new trailer is bad ...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

Postby b_ren » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:59 pm

I think the people who hated the new trailer should probably watch this trailer instead because it's probably your type of game really:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Pspqx0XGs
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:31 pm

b_ren wrote: I think the people who hated the new trailer should probably watch this trailer instead because it's probably your type of game really:

-_-

"Sunday league football's pretty shit..."
"Watch tennis then, FAG!"
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:34 pm

b_ren wrote: I think the people who hated the new trailer should probably watch this trailer instead because it's probably your type of game really:

phpBB [video]
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:

-_-

"Sunday league football's pretty shit..."
"Watch tennis then, FAG!"

Are you going to get rid of your pledge because of a 30 second test footage video as well? :)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Someone's genuinely dropped their pledge over it?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Himuro » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:00 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Someone's genuinely dropped their pledge over it?

Phong is threatening to. It's hilarious.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:16 pm

W...T...F...

*sigh* another negative thread... x . x

The trailer is most certainly with out a shadow of a doubt not even having to think twice about it, NOT BAD!!!

At least they gave us something, and managed to put SOMETHING together in the what month maybe of development time the game has had? Have you ever seen a trailer for a game that been in development for 1 month? WTF are you expecting??? I would much rather have this early footage than nothing at all, thats for certain. You have to understand the purpose of this Trailer was for fan service and to show they are working hard and want to give something back before the kickstarter ends, thats it. I dont see how this is so hard to understand, it was obviously thrown together last minute and yes that shows BUT GUESS WHAT???... THATS OKAY!!! This is hardly the final version!

I said this once before, take these early/initial videos with a grain of salt as they will likely go down in history as the Project Berkley footage of Shenmue 3. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME WILL LOOK! It even says it in the video...

Cynics! THE WHOLE LOT OF YA NEWBIES! HOW INEPT CANT YOU BE??? LOCK THIS THREAD AND GET THIS GARBAGE THE FUCK OFF OUR FORUMS!!! LONG LIVE SHENMUE!!! FUCK THE HATERS!!!

#my2cents
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:40 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: W...T...F...

*sigh* another negative thread... x . x

The trailer is most certainly with out a shadow of a doubt not even having to think twice about it, NOT BAD!!!

At least they gave us something, and managed to put SOMETHING together in the what month maybe of development time the game has had? Have you ever seen a trailer for a game that been in development for 1 month? WTF are you expecting??? I would much rather have this early footage than nothing at all, thats for certain. You have to understand the purpose of this Trailer was for fan service and to show they are working hard and want to give something back before the kickstarter ends, thats it. I dont see how this is so hard to understand, it was obviously thrown together last minute and yes that shows BUT GUESS WHAT???... THATS OKAY!!! This is hardly the final version!

I said this once before, take these early/initial videos with a grain of salt as they will likely go down in history as the Project Berkley footage of Shenmue 3. THIS IS NOT HOW THE FINAL GAME WILL LOOK! It even says it in the video...

Cynics! THE WHOLE LOT OF YA NEWBIES! HOW INEPT CANT YOU BE??? LOCK THIS THREAD AND GET THIS GARBAGE THE FUCK OFF OUR FORUMS!!! LONG LIVE SHENMUE!!! FUCK THE HATERS!!!

#my2cents

Yeah they definitely scrambled a bit to get this ready for the end of the campaign and it's not good enough to be something released in the final game, but they pretty much have to release stuff that's in progress and early. It's the nature of kickstarter and early access. The trailer serves it's purpose and shows off early concept/tech.

The problem is the average gamer isn't used to seeing in progress work and always judges everything as if it's final. Backers better get ready for more of this, cause more rough and in-progress work is coming.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby Phong » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:42 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Someone's genuinely dropped their pledge over it?

I said I was thinking about it and was accused of intimidating others and threatening behavior.

Oh yeah and I was told I was the only overreacting.
Phong

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Tomato Convenience Store wrote: The problem is the average gamer isn't used to seeing in progress work and always judges everything as if it's final. Backers better get ready for more of this, cause more rough and in-progress work is coming.

And I cant wait for it! I guess maybe im one of the only rabid Shenmue fans that WANTS to see the progression of the art and graphics and models and ideas and give input and help YS Net make this the best game it can be with the budget they receive! FULL HYPE MODE STARTS NOW FELLAS! GET USED TO IT!!! 8) :heart:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Don't spoil it.

Postby FRASIER v3 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 pm

I've seen today's trailer and it yes it looks half arsed, yet me burning love of the game makes me deny it's tackiness. However in the age of memes and timelines full of pisstake vines I feel if Yu Suzuki keeps churning out dated promos then Shenmue will become a laughing stock. Back when the original Shenmue had it's promo trailers we didn't have the same way of spreading our critical opinions in the way we do now (social media).

I just don't want to to see my Twitter and Facebook full of parodies and piss takes of the game we love so much.

I'm surprised I've seen no "look at dat ass" memes....yet.
FRASIER v3
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:50 pm

I understand fan service, but there needs to be an element of quality control, imo. I get where everyone's coming from though, and you all have valid points.

Except AG, of course.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Re: Don't spoil it.

Postby johnvivant » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:53 pm

i've found that appreciating the humor of it helps.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Tongue in cheek, it's overall a good video! \:D/

ConanTheKing has received a thanks from: johnvivant
ConanTheKing

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:57 pm

The trailer was fine. I liked it alot. And keep in mind this is a team running on zero of our KS funds yet. Imagine what it'll be like when they actually have alot of time and money.

Axm has received a thanks from: Reprise
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III