Shenmue III

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue III

Postby Joe Pesci » Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Shenmue III at ign.com. Has anyone seen this yet.

Shenmue III
Developer:AM2
Publisher: Sega/Microsoft
The problem with starting an epic tale of a young man's journey for revenge is that you really gotta finish what you started -- even if the first two pieces of the story cost an exorbitant amount of cash to make. Such is the case with Shenmue, Yu Suzuki's massive RPG featuring an endless supply of cabinets to open, a fighting system based off the Virtua Fighter engine, and one hell of a long story. The second part of the story, which came to Xbox in late 2002, only gets gamers through the first half of Ryo's adventure. Fans of the series know what to expect from a third part in the series, but the real question is whether or not it will even come out, considering the cost to make the first two games versus the overall success of the franchise.

Status: In 2003 Shin Ishikawa, who was responsible for getting Yu Suzuki's Shenmue II onto Xbox, asked fans to "look forward to more Shenmue games on Xbox." Yu Suzuki himself told IGN during a tour for Shenmue II that the series would most certainly live on, however, that it might not be in video game form. It's likely that the next chapter in the Shenmue saga will see the light of day on Xbox, but if it will be as a movie or a game is uncertain.

I hope that Shenmue III really is in development and Sega is keeping it under wraps for now. This is a good sign and I hope that we find more news along the way. I think I am not the only one getting anxious
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Re: Shenmue III

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:53 pm

Joe Pesci wrote:I hope that Shenmue III really is in development and Sega is keeping it under wraps for now. This is a good sign and I hope that we find more news along the way. I think I am not the only one getting anxious

don't we all.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby eddie_bo_jr » Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:19 pm

Pretty sure you're not alone in wanting it ( being the dojo forums and all :D ), I read somewhere it's one of the most talked about games that hasn't been confirmed - if they wanted to advertise by a whispering campaign, Sega have done a pretty good job it would seem.

I'm still hopeful it will be announced ( personally I'm thinking next year, but this is just me, no backup to this, just a hunch ), and with Shenmue Online hopefully this will only fuel the market for Shenmue III
eddie_bo_jr
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Joe Pesci » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:54 pm

I see. I think Sega is trying to keep it hush hush because it may be there biggest project they are working on and it isn't in the developmental stage which will allow them to say anything about it. I do hope that I am right about this or we can keep holding our breaths
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby giz_119 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:59 pm

hey, my theory is, if they weren't making it or doing something with it why wouldn't they tell us after all this time?
giz_119
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Joe Pesci » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:14 pm

Maybe they don't have enough to go on. They don't wan't to get the public's hope's up
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Shenmue 3 ...?

Postby DragonfighterX » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:36 pm

Y' know, I really wouldn't mind seeing Shenmue 3 as a movie. If it was done properly and concluded the story in a good way (and with lots of awesome fight scenes), it might actually be a refreshing change.
DragonfighterX
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:34 pm

That was just IGN's speculation of an ancient quote of Suzuki's.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby XR_END » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:19 am

That's a pretty old conjecture by IGN...take it with a grain of salt today.
XR_END
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby AzN.Homeboy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:57 pm

What, the whole "Shenmue 3 as a movie" thing? Yeah, I agree that's a probably just an old and dead rumor.

Anyways, if Sega really does keep their word and doesn't formally release Shenmue Online in Japan or Europe or the US, then it's likely that it's a re-interest/hype building ploy for their main game markets to re-spur some interest in Shenmue before the drop the bomb (in a good way) announcement... I hope.
AzN.Homeboy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III