Dreamcast 2???

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Dreamcast 2???

Postby LAcaca » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:41 pm

If you go to ign.com and click on the dreamcast link, there is topic on the "Dreamcast 2" I dont really believe it but w/e check it out. And if sega does come out with DC2 do you think Shenmue 3 would come out on that "Next-Gen" system??
LAcaca
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ys » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:29 pm

I think IGN is being a little bit sarcastic there. Although many fans there and elsewhere wouldn't mind a DC2 I assume. Especially not with Shenmue III as a launch title and more games in the story anounced to be released later :P
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby dbzruler88 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:47 pm

the "2" looks a bit like it was added in Paint
dbzruler88
Atheist Activist
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: jeremylovesanna
XBL: jeremylovesanna
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:30 pm

Well, you can really call the xbox 360 the dreamcast 2. There is a site were it compares the DC andXbox 360 something called the dreamcast 2.0, The 360 has similar controller type,Processor maybe similar but way powerful. Xbox 360 has a rumour about in the fall they are releasing 50 sega dreamcast games on the Xbox live marketplace. Selling $10 a whop!
but it is a rumor, could be true? :P

Also if you have a DreamCast and a Xbox 360 if you compare the theme sound when you press the power buton they sound exactly alike. (My Opinon)
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:03 am

DC 2 will happen when hell freezes over.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby alimn » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:32 pm

Ha ha ha....

Don't miss...There will be no DC2 or any new console from SEGA for next gen.

Anyway, Today "IGN" have just posted a new fake DC2 Wallpaper
for IGN Insiders "I like to share it u and this topic."

It's here save it and put it on your desktop if you liked, have fun ;)

alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby DLaughingMan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:42 pm

Some company was makeing a Dreamcast 2 I cant remember the details, but it would be the same as the Gamegear and the Mojico gamegear. Same system different manufacturer.
DLaughingMan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Peter » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:31 am

It really is a pity that Sega will not even at least consider the possibility of re-entering the console market. I, for one would be a 100% loyal fan to support them all the way. I mean the Dreamcast was my all time favourite console, to such an extent that i collected everything from all the perphials to Official Dreamcast Magazines.
I did enjoy the N64 and Xbox a lot, but i was never as keenly interested in any of them as i was the Dreamcast. I mean i bought all games, good or bad just for the sakes of buying them. I played through demo discs as if they were a game. In fact it got so so bad a routine to play the Shenmue movie disc, with starting off playing the demo of Jet Set Radio, then silent scope, then moving onto P.O.D. and then moving onto the untimate movie of Shenmue. I did that so many times a day, and i had a routine for almost every other disc i got.

Never had i, or do i have the urge today to follow any one gaming system/corporation to the extent that i will call myself a true fan, no matter how many times i play Halo or watch the making of Halo 2 DVD. I guess im just a true Shenmue fan, not necessarily Sega fan. The Shenmue series will determine where my gaming future lies, hence not buying an Xbox 360, or any other next generation console. I really should as my Xbox has just died, but i really dont see why i should spend that money on something i will not support with my heart.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:04 pm

Peter wrote:It really is a pity that Sega will not even at least consider the possibility of re-entering the console market. I, for one would be a 100% loyal fan to support them all the way. I mean the Dreamcast was my all time favourite console, to such an extent that i collected everything from all the perphials to Official Dreamcast Magazines.

Ditto! I would also support them as soon as they announced the damn thing.

And it really is a pity since they supposedly are a gaming behemoth in Japan now. The Sega-Sammy holding is the richest there according to data I saw a while ago. So the money should be there to try something, be it handheld, at least.

Never had i, or do i have the urge today to follow any one gaming system/corporation to the extent that i will call myself a true fan, no matter how many times i play Halo or watch the making of Halo 2 DVD. I guess im just a true Shenmue fan, not necessarily Sega fan. The Shenmue series will determine where my gaming future lies, hence not buying an Xbox 360, or any other next generation console. I really should as my Xbox has just died, but i really dont see why i should spend that money on something i will not support with my heart.

Exact same here. I just don't feel very interested in the next generation except for a few (very few games).
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Joe Pesci » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:00 am

Sega's poor.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KiBa » Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:38 am

ys, I have to say, you have the best Shenmue ava I've ever seen here.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Captain Lars Kegstealer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:20 am

Joe Pesci wrote:Sega's poor.

Not anymore.
Captain Lars Kegstealer
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:21 pm

Silent Wings wrote:ys, I have to say, you have the best Shenmue ava I've ever seen here.

Thanks! I just thought that that scene captured a big part of what Shenmue is. It's intense I think 8) Your also stands out for me though. Often the combination of your posts, avatar and signature gives a very spiritual impression.

And indeed, Sega are not poor anymore. It's still a common misconception though it seems.They started making a profit a long time ago. So they better start cranking out those Shenmue games and new consoles ;)

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=17074

Even Shadow the Hedgehog boosted their market share and profits...

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/fe ... 48503.html

Here they also mention that they're Japan's largest entertainment company.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Nits-Ujio » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:56 pm

You gotta give IGN some credit. They are hardcore dedicated to the Dreamcast console. This article (http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/702/702841p1.html) shows that they are going to play, review and reupload videos of all 250 DC games released in America just because they loved the system so much. What class!
Nits-Ujio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KiBa » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:38 pm

Does anyone remember the Dreamcast chip set articles of circa 2002? The way Sega said they might release a special drive/card combo for PC and DVD players that would play DC games and allow for wireless controllers? I still think that's a great and original idea. That way they could make a DC 2 that could literally use any hardware medium and be easily upgraded for less money than what would be expected for new proprietary consoles.

I can't see that ever becoming popular, but I think it would be fun. I mean, I doubt ordinary people would want to buy what amounts to a dedicated console that's useless without a separate host hardware medium.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Next

Return to Shenmue III