"Just gotta have a little faith"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:26 pm

Well, considering SEGA are 'penny-less' they seem to be investing a lot of the remainder of their fortunes into the cost of a new, shitty Sonic game (namely the crappiest 3D platformer I have ever played; Sonic The Hedgehog for the 360, mainly due to the loading times). I hate to be the one saying this, although I have to be frank about it; Sonic is officially dead, and I really cannot see the Wii game being a 'return to form' as many people claim it will be.

Funny how as soon as Yuji Naka and a few other members leave the Sonic Team, all of the games from them go dead shitty.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Dragon Light » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:46 pm

lol i got that game
Dragon Light
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:06 pm

Well even though Shenmue 3 won't be coming out for a while we can still keep on finding new things about the first 2. All the time, new mods, secrets, and other hidden things are found by our terrific LanDC and other people. All we can do is play Shenmue 1 and 2 and hope that Shenmue 3 will come out one day.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby alimn » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:16 pm

Nick Tyndall wrote:plus the companies have bigger pockets than Sega

I think that SEGA have enough money to release
a remake of Shenmue I and II+Shenmue III...

Just consider how they can announce Yakuza 3 before releasing
Yakuza 2 in US and Europe?

How they can spend 20 million dollars for a game like Shenmue Online?
and some other examples...

Again, I think that SEGA is rich enough to release something like
Shenmue III but they scare to risk... :x

Regards-Alimn
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Nick Tyndall » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:39 pm

I know they can make it, but can they make it and not break even? I think not. Part of me dosen't want this game to even come out because I am scared they would make it shit. Sega is now viewed by fans as shit and it is obvious why they are shit, so they need to start making games the fans want and stop trying desperalty to appeal to everyone.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Focused___Soul » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:03 pm

If they do bring it out, I'm worried incase in an attempt to make S3 appeal to the larger audience they take away the magic from the series like adding bullshit advertisments and recast the voice actors, lets face it, it wouldent be Shenmue were it not for Corey's "I see"
Focused___Soul
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

look on the bright side

Postby Gangsta Ren » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Sega is releasing Virtua Fighter 5 on BOTH ps3 and Xbox 360. That shows AM2 has NOT forgotten abot Xbox, AND they may raise enough money from this multiformat release to fill their war chest for shenmue 3.

Look I havent played GoLden Axe since 1991, and its sequel is coming to Ps3. Anything can happen.
Gangsta Ren
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby GameFreac » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 pm

If I didn't think it was ever gonna come out........I would not come to these forums. I have to have faith (just like being a christian) and I hope it will come out. It might not come out but I believe it will eventually. :D
GameFreac
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Clint » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:13 pm

Nick Tyndall wrote:I know they can make it, but can they make it and not break even? I think not. Part of me dosen't want this game to even come out because I am scared they would make it shit. Sega is now viewed by fans as shit and it is obvious why they are shit, so they need to start making games the fans want and stop trying desperalty to appeal to everyone.

Agreed.

You know, sometimes I like the fact that Shenmue III has never been made. We can all debate over different theories and there's always a lot to say regarding Shenmue. Shenmue I and II are so close to each other in terms of epic games.

Also, i'd fear that the game could possibly be rushed.

Shenmue III - the last game? No thanks. Not unless they make it 80 hours long. There's more to the tale than one final game. They can't possibly cram it all into one final version.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby DeadPool » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:12 pm

i kinda agree witht he not wanting it, becuase i hate to say it but Shenmue is now OVER... the concept is gone, the way people were thinking about games when it came out has changed.

therefore, if they made a third in the series at this point, it will deffinitly not be the shenmue we all know. could it be better? yea... will it be... probbably not.

do i see a third game in the future... how long has Shenmue Online been in development without release? no plans to even release in the Europe or US...

as almin has said in the past Yakuza might have brought a little bit of hope, but you know it didnt, it made like 4 websites talk about shenmue for about 5 minutes.

id say the only way we would ever see the shenmue series compleated is if we got over 5000 people and stood outside sega offices with signs that says "we wont move till shenmue 3 is in development" and you know... im just not willing to do that for a video game.
DeadPool
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DaxZtone99 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:28 am

Shenmue 3 is going to be in the stores, when yakuza make a yakuza 999 the revenge of the yakuza, Yakuza sucks and Sonic in the new games, Sega is Killing the guys Ryo was Fast, But see Sonic they are killing him in slow motion.
Sega is Psikotik Shenmue 3 is a no good product.
The First Shenmue was in the Stores the same year than FF9 and Look FF13 and all the 7 and the X2, second part of the 10, thats is like 8 games, Just i think Yu dont Want to do Shenmue 3, after all in Japan Only Sell like 2 000 000, but is well know in Mexico Sell the second part for Xbox 1 000 000.
Shenmue is a lot more popular, in America an Europe.
Just in Spain, Sell another 1 000 000, in th rest of latin America Sell like a 2 000 000.
6 000 000 X 32 = 192 000 000, WTF thats a lot of money, and i put a 32 bucks, the people pay more of 32 bucks here in Mexico the Game is like 60 or 75 bucks.
How many Sell in USA and the rest of Europe.
DaxZtone99
Asia Travel Representative

Postby FRASIER » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:31 am

Im sure theres a message in there somewhere, damn it I just can't see it WAIT!!!!......................oh no, no can't see it!
FRASIER
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby DaxZtone99 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:45 am

The message in there, is Sega dont think Shenmue is a good way of win some cash.
Shenmue 3 is never being tho be in a Store, just wait another five years.
I have Faith in which Shenmue is going To finish one day, but I do not believe that it is thanks to Sega
DaxZtone99

Postby OL » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:05 pm

FRASIER wrote:Im sure theres a message in there somewhere, damn it I just can't see it WAIT!!!!......................oh no, no can't see it!

:lol: Nice.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby fuku_san » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:53 pm

A n00b bashing a n00b, the pussy have balls :lol:
fuku_san
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mom

PreviousNext