Ideas for the campaign

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby ToL » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:31 pm

We should set up camps outside Sega HQ in Japan, London and San Francisco, with huge banners and signs. If that doesn';t make headlines I'll be surprised. Post meet up times on as many Shenmue and Sega forums as we can. We'll need the numbers. We can shout all day, every day, chant SHENMUE 3 over and over until they get off their arses and make it happen.
Shenmue is worth the fee it would cost to pull off a huge campaign like this but so what? We'd finally let Sega know how we feel, instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for something that may not even happen.
You can think this is a silly idea, but as far as I'm concerned, no idea is silly when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:07 pm

Here's my poster
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby ToL » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:19 pm

LOL! Love it
ToL
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hazuki Legend » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:58 pm

I like the idea of putting links up to sites where you can buy Shenmue/Shenmue II. By the way on that petition i just typed in 2ndopps' MySpace page as my sig, things like that will get interest from new people. Also on any popular youtube vids, even if there aren't Shenmue related i'm talking about the ones that have hundreds of thousands of views, advertise in those comments. Millions of people visit youtube every day.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby ryan@seganerds » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:02 pm

gamezguru1 wrote:Here's my poster

I like it, Would you mind if I used some other Font to write over it if we choose yours?
ryan@seganerds
Master of the Three Blades

Postby 2ndOpp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:53 am

Thanks Hazuki

Ryan, can you send me links of the posters you've been sent? I'd like to add them to mine as well :)
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 am

ryan@seganerds wrote:
gamezguru1 wrote:Here's my poster

I like it, Would you mind if I used some other Font to write over it if we choose yours?

Sure i didn't think the font was good anyway. I ain't no graffic designer.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:58 am

TiredofLife wrote:We should set up camps outside Sega HQ in Japan, London and San Francisco, with huge banners and signs. If that doesn';t make headlines I'll be surprised. Post meet up times on as many Shenmue and Sega forums as we can. We'll need the numbers. We can shout all day, every day, chant SHENMUE 3 over and over until they get off their arses and make it happen.
Shenmue is worth the fee it would cost to pull off a huge campaign like this but so what? We'd finally let Sega know how we feel, instead of waiting and waiting and waiting for something that may not even happen.
You can think this is a silly idea, but as far as I'm concerned, no idea is silly when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

You wanna spend your fifteen minutes as a geek? And Shenmue defo aint worth all this effort when it comes down to it. It's good, but it aint that good.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:54 am

Coming from the man who is working on Shenmue 1.5? :roll:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Rom » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm

I made a couple pictures with my limited photoshop skills :

Those pictures could help raise awareness about Shenmue if posted in Nintendo forums or Smash Bros topics on forums ("Who would you like to see in Smash Bros Brawl"...).
Rom

Postby ryan@seganerds » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Hahahaha, I really like the second one, 'new comer' I'm sure we could use that some how.
ryan@seganerds

Postby Rom » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:49 pm

I just had another idea. We could create a "Tomato Convenience Store" website (big yellow banner, theme music in the background) with pages like "locations", "products", "lottery"... It would be the perfect place to put links to site that still sell shenmue games and products.
Rom

Postby ryan@seganerds » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:06 pm

BRILLIANT! I'll totally get that done in the buy shenmue section,
well, a toned down version of that as the music in the tomato store drives me insine.
ryan@seganerds

Postby 2ndOpp » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:44 am

Hazuki Legend wrote:I think updating Wikipedia and IMDB are a must because tons of people go on those sites, good suggestion about outting reviews up kudos to Rom for the Forza 2 idea.

I hit up all the wikipedia pages
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hazuki Legend » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:21 pm

Good stuff. Surely we have to have a fan-art section, i don't know if this idea has come up but it would help with The Nine Dragons Project.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III