Shenmue.com theory.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue.com theory.

Postby DeadSheep » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:03 am

i havent been to the forums for a while, so im not sure if this has been thought of before...but here i go.

A lot of people have been wondering why shenmue.com was redone and updated over the last year or so. Most people thought that it was a sign that shenmue 3 is under development, i think its more of a marketing survey. Maybe sega is trying to really figure out the interest in the game to see whether or not it would be worth any sort of financial backing. The site does have a few hints towards that...such as giving us ad banners to post on our websites and forums (http://www.shenmue.com/eng/news_eng.html) and even a news section in general doesnt make sense for a game that sega apparently thinks is dead.

So, i figure maybe we should show show sega a surge of interest directly, by hitting shenmue.com. If the site shows a mass of activity all of a sudden, sega should notice. they may not give a damn about fan groups like us, but they may care about the general internet population. So it may be a good idea to constantly hit shenmue.com, link friends and family, and use their banners on forums/myspaces/ and websites.

sorry if this shite is old thought...but i figured i might as well post the idea.
DeadSheep
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Resident Joel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:48 am

It would be the weirdest method of market research I have ever heard of if your theory is correct. The site has stayed the way it is for a long time. Small updates are no indication of anything.

The next post of this sort should go along the lines of:

"I think Shenmue III has been announced"

-What's your evidence?

"It says so on sega.com"
Resident Joel
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Skillz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:33 pm

Resident Joel wrote:It would be the weirdest method of market research I have ever heard of if your theory is correct. The site has stayed the way it is for a long time. Small updates are no indication of anything.

The next post of this sort should go along the lines of:

"I think Shenmue III has been announced"

-What's your evidence?

"It says so on sega.com"

truth.. that is how it should go.
Skillz
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Return to Shenmue III