Lets do something at E3!!!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Lets do something at E3!!!!

Postby 2ndOpp » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 am

Ok, E3 is coming up fast and I'd like to try to do something there this year. I doubt we have anyone on the inside, but if there is anyone going speak up now.

I want to roll out the poster project the week before E3. Get people posting up the Campaign posters and "We want Shenmue III" posters where ever they may live. Hopefully anyone in the LA area can get some up around the convention center.

I saw another topic in here about Lucky hit boards, and I could just picture a homemade Board set up across the street from the convention center with someone calling out "Would you like to play a game of lucky hit?" and maybe the prizes are "We want Shenmue III" buttons to wear inside E3...

If I didn't lose my job, I drive down there and do it myself. I'd even take pictures for you all :) Unfortunately I barely have enough money for next months rent... I need a job fast, 8 years of manager experience and I can't find anything :(

Anyone want to sponsor me?
Last edited by 2ndOpp on Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby KikokuFR » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am

I'd do something like this if that was possible for me, but living in France, there's no way i could do that, sadly. However, i hope something good comes up! Good luck! ;)
KikokuFR
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Supa » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Heh, that would be awesome if we had a contact on the inside. But, being in Missouri, and with money being tight, I can't do anything about it.

Good luck, though!
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby 2ndOpp » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:03 pm

KikokuFR wrote:I'd do something like this if that was possible for me, but living in France, there's no way i could do that, sadly. However, i hope something good comes up! Good luck! ;)

Don't worry, there are game shows over there to. Biggest is the one in Germany. But still, print up Shenmue Campaign posters and put them up at parks, game stores, colleges...
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby redline » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:00 pm

what about if we make posters saying thay t s3 will be at e3..then when ppl get to sega's booth there ask were s3 is. might ' put sega on the spot?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby 2ndOpp » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:14 am

Nah, we don't want to be part of the bastard rumor peeps

I think the "We want Yu to make Shenmue III" is a good one to use... something that demands Shenmue and gives people a link to our Campaign sites.
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:52 am

Good luck with it :D. I'm planning to attend the Leipzig Games Conference this year, so i'll see what i can stir up there :P
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby ShenmueAddict » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:20 am

Any major UK game shows? i would help out if im not too far away :)
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby 2ndOpp » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Not sure...

I went ahead and launched this project. Post up Campaign posters no matter what country you live in, and take pictures to send to me.
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: Lets do something at E3!!!!

Postby DmytroLyaksandro » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:28 pm

2ndOpp wrote:Ok, E3 is coming up fast and I'd like to try to do something there this year. I doubt we have anyone on the inside, but if there is anyone going speak up now.

I want to roll out the poster project the week before E3. Get people posting up the Campaign posters and "We want Shenmue III" posters where ever they may live. Hopefully anyone in the LA area can get some up around the convention center.

I saw another topic in here about Lucky hit boards, and I could just picture a homemade Board set up across the street from the convention center with someone calling out "Would you like to play a game of lucky hit?" and maybe the prizes are "We want Shenmue III" buttons to wear inside E3...

If I didn't lose my job, I drive down there and do it myself. I'd even take pictures for you all :) Unfortunately I barely have enough money for next months rent... I need a job fast, 8 years of manager experience and I can't find anything :(

Anyone want to sponsor me?

Where is E3 being held? I have already posters made up "We want Shenmue 3".
DmytroLyaksandro
Master of the Three Blades

Postby 2ndOpp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:32 pm

July 15th-17th at the L.A. convention center
2ndOpp
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master_Ryo » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Somebody should sneak into back, and change all the usual music to Shenmue music. That would be hilarous.
Master_Ryo
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby KikokuFR » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:52 am

Or go there with a good marketing plan for Sega to be convinced to finish/release the game. :roll:
KikokuFR
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby redline » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:28 pm

good luck.

j/k
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kaven » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:18 pm

Anyone who honest to god is trying to go to a game show to cause some Shenmue III ruckus, let me know. I will send you a lil wad of cash via Paypal to help cover expenses. All I would ask in return is that you video tape your exploits and post them for us.
Kaven

Currently playing: Board Games

Next

Return to Shenmue III