Does anyone know anyway to contact Yu Suzuki?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Does anyone know anyway to contact Yu Suzuki?

Postby David Hazuki » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:47 am

Hello everybody,

Some of the old old OLD time veterans may remember me, I was a loyal member of Shenmue Dojo since the first days of Shenmue I, and I stuck around for a very very long time.

I don't want to say that I gave up hope on SHenmue 3, since I am a very optimistic person (I am from Chicago and a Cubs fan, is that optimism enough?? haha)
But I went away to college 3 years ago, and slowly Shenmue slipped out of my mind due to the lack of news about the series, or even about Shenmue Online. But I will say that I sold basically all of my video game equipment YEARS ago... EXCEPT for my Dreamcast and copies of Shenmue :)

Earlier tonight I was looking through the pictures of a friend who recently traveled in Japan.
I came across 1 picture titled: Shrine in Yokohama, Japan
And my mouth literally DROPPED...
The picture was the SPLITTING image of the shrine right outside of Ryo's house! Where he found and fed the abandoned kitten!

All of a sudden, a rush of emotions surged over me from the days of playing Shenmue and Shenmue 2. I was quite young when I started playing the series, but it had a profound affect on me.

Now I have read the recent news that Yu Suzuki was either 'demoted' or 'stepped down' from his position of Sega, which to me translates as Shenmue 3 = no hope/possibility for the future.

But just because we will never get to play out Shenmue 3 or the rest of the series, doesn't mean that we can't find out how the rest of the story goes!

I believe that we all should make an attempt to contact Yu Suzuki in order to find out how our beloved series ends, and what happens to Ryo!
We aren't asking Yu about Shenmue 3 or when it will be out: we are simply asking how the story ends. In my heart I truly feel that he can appreciate this.
I mean, COMEON! Here we are, almost 10 years later (as evidence by all of you here at Shenmue Dojo!) still holding out hope that we will find out what happens. I think the least that he can do is let us know what happens the rest of the series!

I really don't care how its done. Short story on DVD, comic strip, even simple text written out, I DON'T CARE! I just want to know what happens so that I can finally move on in peace.

I hope this post isn't met in ridicule. I mean, comeon, what else can we do? We've written the petitions to Sega, we've sent messages to Sega, what else can we do?
We can atleast hope to find out how the story ends straight from the SOURCE HIMSELF, and I really don't think that this is such a far-fetched idea.

So does anyone here know how we could contact Yu and make this happen? Its one of the last possibilities we have!

Well after seeing that photograph, I'm about to go dust of my Dreamcast right now and fire it up for the first time in about 5 years.
I hope everyone is having a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, and I hope that we can atleast attempt to make this work!

Sincere regards,
- David Hazuki
David Hazuki
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:40 am

Honestly, I don't think the repositioning of Yu Suzuki will have any effect on whether Shenmue 3 is made or not. He doesn't get to decide if the game is made, and if it is, he'd definitely reprise the same (or similar) role he had on the first two games no matter what position he currently holds within the company.

I'm also sorry to say that asking Yu Suzuki about Shenmue III is a pretty obvious avenue to get information and I'm sure that many people have tried without success. I doubt he'd even be able to say anything if he did respond, and I'm sure he wouldn't be able to release the story without Sega's consent.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby FeelinLuckyPUNK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean with the effects of Shenmue. I cannot watch anything on martial arts, china/japan, chinese mythology, astrology without automatically referring the their context in Shenmue. It's incredibly frustrating considering the series is not finished yet.

Asking Yu Suzuki about Shenmue won't do anything. The man clearly has no interest in offering information as I think he would have done so anyway. And besides, if you wrote a book would you tell people your ending because they couldn't wait for the finale? (lol, 10 years I know!)
FeelinLuckyPUNK
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Well seriously, even if you got his cell phone number and called him, do you think he'd be like "Ah yeah no problem, good you remind me, imma release Shenmue 3 next week i think."

Imho it is not even 100% clear who could make a Shenmue. Originally SEGA held all rights, but now that would be Sammy, right? Now what about Microsoft? They bought SOME rights on Shenmue 2 to make it exclusively available on xbox and where they want. Now they would not be microsoft if they would not have been like "an a possible sequel". I think none of us can tell what really was included in the contracts and what not. I remember back when Shenmue 2 Xbox wasd out everyone took it GIVEN that SHenmue 3 would be brought out soon by microsoft/SEGA and that it would be on xbox. Who said that this is wrong now? And i think whatever that means for Shenmue 3 - Yu Suzuki is probably the man who has the smallest influence of what what will really happen to Shenmue 3, as sad as it sounds.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Are you still a loyal Tennessee Titans fan?
If so I welcome you back old buddy.
:)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Return to Shenmue III