Yu Suzuki Interview from Gameblog.fr

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki Interview from Gameblog.fr

Postby Fenix » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:52 pm

For me, Yu is an artist.

I love the response of the "movement camera like a film". That told me how much imagination has Mr. Suzuki.

I don't care if I ever see Shenmue 3, 4, 5. I just can say "thanks Yu Suzuki" and fell HAPPY to be able to play Shenmue 1 and 2. I seriously don't need more than what he gave to me.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby Brothaman » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:33 am

Well at least he's still determined. To bad Sega died a long time ago. I would love to see a HD port of the first two games, but that looks kinda slim. Sorry if I seem pessimistic.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby el_clown » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:12 am

Fenix wrote:For me, Yu is an artist.

Yu is an artist INDEED! However he doesn't cosider himself as an artist, and the Japanese industry either, it's our moral responsability to remind the world that what happened to other artists like Meliés or Orson Wells who were forgotten by the industry and not allowed to do more films, cannot happen again with one of the few true pioneers of videogames and digital art. What really saddens me is that after all, it's only a matter of budgets and income, I mean there's an "excel" page configuration that can make it happen, we just depend on a f***ing "excel" page...
Last edited by el_clown on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_clown
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: el clown
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Fenix » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:16 am

If I ever win "El Euromillón", I'll pay the development of Shenmue 1 ans 2 remake and then, If the game has cool sales, I'll pay for the 3rd part :lol:
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby mue 26 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Shit! El Clown your interview was bloody amazing!!! Way better then I expected! This is one of the best interview's with the man that I have seen. You should not be disappointed with it at all, Thank you so much.

And damn, until I watched your video I had completely forgot about that moment with Shenhua moving the dandelions in the field- for me, that was one of the best ever moments in gaming, full stop! That was also my favorite question in your interview. As for me, Shenmue's restraint and willingness to be patient and play the long game in terms of it's mysticism and magic (as well as story in general) is one of it's strokes of true genius and is one of the main thing's that made the game so gripping for me. I was happy to hear that Suzuki-san had planned it all out from the beggining!

The whole interview was amazing though!

I feel very hopeful for the future of Shenmue right now!
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby el_clown » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Thank you very much mue 26! That was a difficult question to ask, the translator did a poor job translating it and I had to re-ask in English 1-0-1 to Suzuki-san, and even though the question was difficult as hell, he understood me perfectly without translation!!!
el_clown
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: el clown
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

=D>
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III