Would YOU donate to a Shenmue Project? (& how much)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Would YOU donate to a Shenmue Project? (& how much)

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Mactalisker wrote:i'd be more than happy to donate for the creation of Shenmue 3. however i would have just 1 request and that would be for a Dreamcast version. i know it probably sounds retarded but i loved the fact that you could transfer your save data from Shenmue 1 to Shenmue 2 and i think it would be ace to do it for Shenmue 3. not to mention the Deamcast version of Shenmue 2 was faaaar superior to the xbox version. but thats just my opinion.

It's not "retarded". I think we would ALL (or nearly all...) like to see Dreamcast Shenmue 3 just pop up on shelves. I bet like 90% of us have a Dreamcast and Shenmue 1 and 2 and would love to use our saves with all moves mastered from Shenmue 2 to beat the Shit out of Lan Di in some glorious end fight, but come on - how realistic is it?

Not at all. Even if it was "just" 5 GD-Rom or even less and would not look totally ass compared to the PS3 version, how many could they sell? If 50,000 people still have a working Dreamcast and buy Shenmue 3 i would be surprised. I know people that had a dreamcast and even Shenmue, but were simply not hardcore fans as we are and sold everything on a flea market or ebay ages sgo. Sadly. But you must admit that in the past 9 years or so there were not really many new games for it and besides us nostalgics and fans it's simply not a systems that yells out any words like "it's time to reactivate our GD-ROM factory, yay".

Like 10 years ago it would still have been realistic, but in 2012 - SADLY (10 times underlined!!!) i can only imagine it on PS3, XBox 360 and PC to be honest. Maybe wii if the programmers are cool, but that's really all about it. That's like demanding the newest defender of the crown remake on the C-64 or the latest Dragons lair remake on laserdisc. I may be a natural pessimist, but here i really even can't see it happen with all sunshine in my heart.
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:17 pm

^ Not Wii. Wii U. After The Last Story,Xenoblade Chronicles,Pandoras Tower,Dragon Quest X this year not much else left for the Wii. Wii-U is out this year.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Master Kyodai » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 pm

OMG, that means Shenmue 3 would be a good "Start up title" for the wii-u. I just hope it won't be exclusive or i need to buy another console XD

Seriously as i know our luck with the series it's gonna be for Playstation 5, Nintendo XNexgen. and Xbox 2147483647 in 2021.

Edit - searching google for xbox 2147483647 yields over 1 million results btw... ;)
Master Kyodai
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIQzZt1pC8s[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm ready to donate whatever I can. Let's contact SEGA.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Supa wrote:I'm ready to donate whatever I can. Let's contact SEGA.

Everytime you come back you bump old topics or just post vague responses. Post count again?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Supa » Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 pm

1.) It's a sticky.
2.) Kind of relevant thread.
3.) Yes.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby mrslig100 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 pm

In a word, everything I could ever had have or will have. (Yes that is a word).
mrslig100
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Steam: mrslig100
Currently playing: shenmue 3 fandom

Postby Frozen » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I would forget my Wii U and donate at least £200! Shenmue II MUST be made before any Shenmue fan deceases so that everyone can have the chance to complete this wonderful saga. What'd be more fun, though is if Shenmue III was about looking for Lan Di again, and then Shenmue IV came out and THEN we got to finally defeat Lan Di and avenge Ryo's father :)
Frozen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: >LOLPS3
XBL: FrozenOYT
Steam: FrozenOsu
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Frozen wrote:I would forget my Wii U and donate at least £200! Shenmue II MUST be made before any Shenmue fan deceases so that everyone can have the chance to complete this wonderful saga. What'd be more fun, though is if Shenmue III was about looking for Lan Di again, and then Shenmue IV came out and THEN we got to finally defeat Lan Di and avenge Ryo's father :)

sorry but a few shenmue fans have already deceased :???:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Frozen » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:35 pm

south carmain wrote:
Frozen wrote:I would forget my Wii U and donate at least £200! Shenmue II MUST be made before any Shenmue fan deceases so that everyone can have the chance to complete this wonderful saga. What'd be more fun, though is if Shenmue III was about looking for Lan Di again, and then Shenmue IV came out and THEN we got to finally defeat Lan Di and avenge Ryo's father :)

sorry but a few shenmue fans have already deceased :???:

NOOOOO! It can't be! D:
Frozen
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: >LOLPS3
XBL: FrozenOYT
Steam: FrozenOsu
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Great topic that brings up some good news on what a community is capable of. If we can get it organized properly, have the right developers with a decent resume and the time to dedicate. I would emediately be able to throw down $100 followed by upwards to $1000 or more as this comes into full fruition. All pending ofcourse on a legal binding agreement between the community and the developers.

That being said im willing to look into something like this further personally and with the other members. Maybe we can make another thread to vote on and have a roll call for this.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Yeah with a good developer on board (like Sumo digital, perhaps) a kick starter initiative might well help. The problem is that without the license (or the OK from Sega) this couldn't really get off the ground.

The closest thing we could get to that would be doing a charity fundraiser in the name of Shenmue, to demonstrate to Sega that we will put our money were our mouths are.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:13 pm

mue 26 wrote:Yeah with a good developer on board (like Sumo digital, perhaps) a kick starter initiative might well help. The problem is that without the license (or the OK from Sega) this couldn't really get off the ground.

The closest thing we could get to that would be doing a charity fundraiser in the name of Shenmue, to demonstrate to Sega that we will put our money were our mouths are.

Ya too true. I guess we have to know a guy who knows a guy to talk to someone in sega who knows another guy in segas licencing dept or something.
Too bad Ryan Payton doesnt live in Japan still. He's a Shenmue fan aswell and commented on the Dojo's redesign when Yama took over. We do know CVXfreak however and I think he knows Ryan Payton or he atleast has his connections of some kind.
Or ofcourse if we had any certified lawyers on the board...
Am I getting crazy with this or.. :geek:
Maybe we can just do some actual research into how this works. How the other fan base peter mentioned did it.
Seems like a shit ton of time, money and work to try to dedicate for something that might just crash and burn. But im willing to explore this if others are.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mue 26 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Yeah, it's not going to be easy to get Sega to give up the license, but that's what the #GiveYuTheShenmueLicense campaign is for. Do you have twitter? If so, check out the TeamYu thread and get involved!

If Yu had the license, then if he wished it, we could do a kickstarter. Who knows, we might not ever get Sega to hand over the license to Yu. But even if we don't, we might at least be giving Sega the forceful encouragement that they need,to finally resume the Saga.

He's a Shenmue fan aswell and commented on the Dojo's redesign when Yama took over

Really!? lol
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III