Just woke up from a SIII dream!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Postby BlueMue » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:00 am

Had another Shenmue III dream this night. It was... strange. But at least parts were nice.

It started off in some bavarian looking town square off all places. There was definately some German singing going on in the background. In the beginning it was first person but after a while it turned to a familiar view and I was controlling Shenhua with a free camera.

Then it turned to the lost train chapter apparently. Curiously this is already the second time I dreamed of Ryo around a train. Anyway it was a QTE scene and I was anxious how it would play out. It was a really cool one take like shot with the camera constantly panning from outside the speeding train, following Ryo as you saw him through the windows, beating up a bunch of guys in very stylish QTE fashion on his way through. The button prompts were a little hard to follow as the action on screen just took me so much and the display was a lot smaller and more towards the bottom of screen. The sounds were also a lot more quiet and I was expecting more of the new system.

Then it turned into a full on shooter. I was surprised how many people had guns and that Ryo fired back. It even went as far as Ryo manning a machine gun mounted on the back of a car that raced through an area crowded with bad guys. It was... disturbing.

It was definately Shenmue III all along because I knew I was playing it the whole way through the dream. I even hat a lenghty conversation with Yu Suzuki, where he tried to speak German, wich turned out quite good after a while. :-k

BlueMue has received a thanks from: Hyo Razuki
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:23 pm

I had a weird S3 dream a few days ago.

There was a major update on the official Shenmue website. It was a video of Yu saying he finally wanted to give the fans a substantial update about S3 and that was why he was gonna give the fans a glimpse at S3's story. So then Yu presented an org-chart of the Chiyoumen. It was a regular org-chart, just as if the Chiyoumen were a corporation. There were about a hundred names on it all in all with a picture of each character under their name and it had reporting lines too.

I recognized a lot of people, like Lan Di's henchmen who were at the Hazuki Dojo and also some of the bouncers from the street fighting venues in Hong Kong. There were all four leaders of the Chiyoumen with their names and pictures (I forgot the names of the two leaders we don't know yet) on there including the supreme leader of the Chiyoumen, the still unknown character known to the Shenmue fans as Tian Di (Tentei).

But actually the supreme leader of the Chiyoumen's name was not Tian Di as we had been thinking throughout all the years and he was not a human either. He was a snake-like extraterrestrian creature. He had a snake head and a body with two arms and two legs but his body was more like a mixture between human, snake and alien. His name was Vapor X ( :lol: ).

Vapor X was sitting way on top of the org-chart and below him there was Lan Di and some underworld leaders from other organizations which were like "subsidiaries" of the Chiyoumen. Not all four leaders of the Chiyoumen were on the same level though. Yu emphasized that Lan Di was the most powerful one of them and the org-chart showed it. Lan Di was the only one who reported to Vapor X directly. Niao Sun and the other two, the leaders of the West and the North (whose names were on there, but I forgot them) all reported to Lan Di in fact. On Lan Di's level there were the leaders of the "subsidiaries", reporting directly to "Group CEO" Vapor X.

Then Yu said we were gonna fight all four "lower" leaders of the Chiyoumen, including Lan Di in S3 and fans should look forward to S4 to see if Ryo would eventually overcome the snake-like creature Vapor X.

I think Yama or Ziming were the first to take a screenshot of the org-chart from the video and post it on here. The forum exploded once again, just like in 2015 and there were hundreds of people posting on here and theorizing about the screenshot of the org-chart and what it was gonna mean for the story.

I was sitting at home, looking at the screenshot together with my girlfriend and I studied all the names and reporting lines on there and explained it to her. Then I was following the discussion thread about the org-chart here on the forums and got into a heated debate with LanDC, Peter and Adam Koralik and a bunch of other people. Everybody was trying to get some clues about how the story would go on from the organisation chart and everybody was drawing different conclusions. We all couldn't wait for S3 to finally come out.

Hyo Razuki has received a thanks from: Centrale
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Centrale » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Haha, I love that name, Vapor X! Great villain name.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

I had my first Shenmue 3 dream last night

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 am

It started with my brother playing on his new gaming pc (that he doesn't have irl). I said "oh what are you playing?" To which he replied "the shenmue 3 demo." So I said "but you didn't pre order it?"
He told me that he did. So then I checked the Dojo to see if anyone was talking about the demo. They weren't.
I got on my pc and the demo was downloading on steam. So, when it finished I started playing. But it wasn't Shenmue. It was a first person shooter in Guilin.
"What is this? This isn't Shenmue." I said.

Then I woke up. How weird is that?
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby SledgeNE » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:04 am

Last night i dreamed again of Shenmue III. I saw in my dream the game in motion and i was playing it. It was exactly like in the past two games. I was really fascinated about graphics and gameplay. It was a very nice dream. ;-)

Edit: The Moon is MAGIC :D
Last edited by SledgeNE on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Suzuki Yu » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:00 am

SledgeNE wrote: Last night i dreamed again of Shenmue III. I saw in my dream the game in motion and i was playing it. It was exactly like in the past two games. I was really fascinated about graphics and gameplay. It was a very nice dream. ;-)

funny thing i dreamt about it last night too!

but my dream was about Suzuki san presenting the game and it looks as great as it should.
and i was blown away about how much the game is true to what Shenmue was all about.

hopefully this is good sign for this month's event :mrgreen:

Suzuki Yu has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 am

Are you guys Leos, by any chance?

Many, MANY Leos have been having really vivid and deep dreams, as of the last couple of days and apparently, the moon is the cause; people are posting about it on social media.

It was so damn bright last night, one of the brightest moons I can ever remember in my life.

Truck_1_0_1_ has received a thanks from: SledgeNE
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Truck_1_0_1_ wrote:It was so damn bright last night, one of the brightest moons I can ever remember in my life.

Sonoshee has received 2 thanks from: SledgeNE, Switch
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Elevensixty » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Sounds like a lot of us are playing Shenmue 3 already, on our D R E A M casts...

Elevensixty has received 2 thanks from: BlueCreeperBoy12, SledgeNE
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Had another S3-related dream recently. I was at Cologne (or was it Düsseldorf?) Airport to meet Yu there. He had just finished Gamescom again and was going to catch his flight back home. I think I didn't go to Gamescom in my dream. I just drove up to the airport directly because I figured that way I could meet Yu and talk to him more privately than at a fan event.

So I parked my car and waked into the terminal and after some wandering around, I actually found Yu. I went up to him and said hello. He said he had just checked in his luggage but still had more than an hour until boarding time so I suggested we grab a drink together.

Yu and me then went to a bar inside the airport and had a conversation about Shenmue 3 over some Whisky. I don't remember exactly what Yu said but he talked about which direction he wanted to go with S3. He insisted, S3 was going to be a martial arts game and a fun game. We had a great time talking and laughed a lot. Yu then said he had to go through the security check. So we said goodbye and I wished him a safe flight home and he walked away to his gate. That was it.

It was a great dream, I really enjoyed it. Yu gave off this really intriguing vibe of a masterful artist who is very confident about his wok's quality.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby KiBa » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Shenmue characters have often appeared in my dreams since I first played the game, like how people I know turn up in dreams in various roles. Shenmue characters just felt so real with the FREE emotional experience, I don't think my brain knows I'm not Ryo Hazuki. Maybe that's one major reason why Shenmue retained such a deep cult status. Not many other games form an emotional bond with people.

KiBa has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Re: I had my first Shenmue 3 dream last night

Postby KiBa » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:44 pm

I think this dream speaks to a deep subconscious fear that Shenmue 3 will not live up to expectations.
So, for you, this is symbolized by it being a FPS, which -- to you -- represents banal mediocrity.

The answer to your soul's yearning is to first lower your expectations. Let go. Don't expect to touch the face of God by playing Shenmue 3, just because you've waited so long for a miracle that actually happened. We're already living in dreamland, man. This is all magic. So, this isn't a "be careful what you wish for! ha ha" criticism. It is self-discipline. It's making the water of your soul clear so you can see the world as it really is. Govern your emotions, my friend, and you will enjoy Shenmue 3 in the right context.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:47 am

Shenmue III was the worst thing to happen to this forum.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Redundant topic. Could someone please merge it with this one?

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45450

The topic I mentioned is even still active and I think this is better off in the S3 section.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Cyberman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:06 pm

Shouldn't this be in the S3 section?
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III