Just woke up from a SIII dream!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:13 am

I must say, it's been some years since I've had a dream about Shenmue. Since the Doree/Kikizo article? Anyway, it was total nonsense, but I'll share it. I have no notion of what format I was playing the game on. It's like I was 'in' the game. It was first-person. It looked nothing like Shenmue. More like a gothic Final Fantasy.

I (Ryo) was in China. In the dream, me and Shenhua left the cave with the sword. She said it must have a connection to the mirrors. We then travelled to a wiseman in some cottage in a scary woodland. He said our time had come. The dragon and the phoenix would soon rise, and the sword was the key. Lan Di would set upon the cave, but without the sword the mirrors would be useless to him. The shaman said that we must go to central Mongolia, specifically to a part called 'Tuve', were we would find answers. He said however, that death was the key.

We had to be careful, since for the first time in Ryo's journey, Lan Di was actively chasing us. We travelled by train, and on horseback. Lan Di set his minions on us every step of the way. It was very difficult, and we both nearly died on several occasions (I was shot in the belly whilst on horseback, and had some back-alley doctor take the bullet out!). We arrived in Tuve, and there we found some kind of cathedral (?), and a kind man let us in.

Therein, we found an astounding sight - an alter with a slot for a sword and two recesses (obviously for the two mirrors). At either side of the alter were huge monolithic statues of a dragon and a phoenix. Just then, Lan Di shows his face. He kills the man tending the cathedral, and then turns his attention to us. We are powerless as he beats the crap out of both of us. I put up a good fight, but ultimately I'm still no challenge for Lan Di.

Once we are beaten, his lackeys restrain us. Lan Di, now in possesion of the mirros and the sword, places them in their recepticles on the alter. Everything begins to shake. Two huge beasts tear the roof from the cathedral - the dragon and the phoenix. They are unbelievably huge. Bigger than Godzilla. Everyone is frozen in awe, even Lan Di.

Shenhua takes this moment to seize the sword. She drives it into her own abdomen, spilling her guts all over the marble floor.

And that's when I woke up.

Martin has received 3 thanks from: KiBa, Rakim, sylentknyte
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Re: Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:10 am

Even in fans' dreams, Sega can't resist leaving Shenmue on a damn cliffhanger.

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Rakim » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:44 am

Had you actually ever heard of Tuva before that dream? Its remarkable the kind of shit that we don't even realize we know until it slips out of our subconscious.

Also I can't help but imagine the imprint of the sword and two mirrors you described looking like anything but a giant phallic monument. I don't want to play armchair Freudian dream interpreter, but I think your dreams may be trying to tell you something....

Rakim has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh man, I have a Shenmue 3 dream like once a month. I really know what it feels like. I usually dream about the game getting announced, or even dream about living in the Shenmue world, but then I wake up to reality and it makes it that much worse to know Shenmue's current standing.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Golf Wang » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 pm

I've had a few Shenmue III dreams. They're almost always the same, Ryo and Lan Di facing off in an area that closely resembles the desert in the flashback cutscene with Xiuying and Ziming.
Golf Wang
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

XBL: G0LFxWANG
Currently playing: Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:39 am

Rakim wrote: Had you actually ever heard of Tuva before that dream? Its remarkable the kind of shit that we don't even realize we know until it slips out of our subconscious.

Don't think so. Though I heard once that our brains pick things up without us even trying, and all those 'random' faces we see in dreams are actually real people we might have walked past on the street once or something. So it's possible I saw it on an atlas once or something. I just don't remember.

Rakim wrote:Also I can't help but imagine the imprint of the sword and two mirrors you described looking like anything but a giant phallic monument. I don't want to play armchair Freudian dream interpreter, but I think your dreams may be trying to tell you something....

Or the fact that you pictured a giant phallic monument where I didn't should tell you something. :lol: ;-)

Martin has received 2 thanks from: KiBa, Rakim
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby KiBa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 pm

My Shenmue dreams never have spoilers. They amount to wandering around Yokosuka or Kowloon, stopping at restaurants and bars, playing darts, talking with antique shop owners about rare books.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Centrale » Sun May 14, 2017 6:09 pm

I hope you don't mind me resurrecting an old thread, but I did have a Shenmue III dream last night. I was watching a trailer that was being presented at E3. It began with an extended fight scene between Ryo and a shadowy figure - possibly Lan Di, but it was unclear. Then after that it showed some navigation through the open world areas in a small village. Everything looked very impressive, but it was missing music. I was like, this would be so much better with music!
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 am

I wish I'd dream about Shenmue.

Lately all I have are nightmares about being chased, kidnapped, mutilated, you know. Pleasant stuff like that. >_< lol
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Centrale » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 pm

I've had a couple recently. Several nights ago, I dreamt that I was writing a message on a wall. The message was basically like instructions for taking care of Lan Di, as if Lan Di were a baby or toddler. It included information on putting him to bed, what kind of stuffed animals he liked, how to snuggle him, etc. I hoped people would find the message amusing. But I got hung up on how to write a cursive L, which was really difficult (writing anything in a dream usually is).

Last night I dreamt I was walking along with a professor, and I knew that this professor often referred to Shenmue in various lectures, which I thought was cool.
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Fuzileiro » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:50 am

I had one months ago either. I was in the game, first person too, and I was looking at the interior of a house. Like... observing how much progress they had made in the graphics. And it was not good...
I was certain that I was seeing was Shenmue... but it didn't look like Shenmue.

Just reflexes of my fears of the game turn out to be another Might Nº Nine failure.
The_Fuzileiro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Cyberman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 am

I do occasionlly have Shenmue related dreams. One where Ryo decided to return to Japan for some reason. I also remember one when he chased Ren and went into a manhole.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Postby south carmain » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:59 am

Imagine waking up tomorrow and realising that shenmue 3's revival was all a dream.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Chaikilla » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:31 pm

My Shenmue dreams usually always involve Chai leaping on me from above, causing me to wake up in fear. :{
Chaikilla
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 am

I had an Shenmue-3-Dream last night. I dreamed, i sits on my PC and i moved in-Game on a gallery of Artworks and Screenshots they are not included in the game and some of the assets are in the game and i could hear the voice of Yu Suzuki in the Off where he talks about the meaning of the object on screen with subtitles. It looked like an Bonus-function of the dreamed Shenmue 3.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III