Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sony Is Trying To Bring Shenmue To Playstation

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Megaton!

Read that freaking list, it's not even just Shenmue.

And then people wonder why I am supporting Sony these days and fighting for them with an iron fist.
Imagine Nintendo or Microsoft doing such a thing, such a list, having such a plan.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Well fuck me, if shenmue ends up on PS, megaton. I am ready.

Some rambling thoughts...

If it happens I hope It's not exclusive to console, Sega are making tons on PC sales right now and the mod potential is enormous. I don't really have a problem with it being exclusive to Sony consoles though. Imagine Shenmue on vita...

Also Sega could add some multiplayer support, like have a fighting mini game using the fighters of Shenmue II. Would be godly.

It would be hilarious if Sony succeeded with Shenmue whereas Microsoft failed. Fucking Peter Moore...
Also someone should tell Sony/Adam that Shenmue did incredibly well in the US, it's just that production cost so much that each console owner needed to buy multiple copies for it to be profitable. That problem doesn't exist anymore as the games already exist, you just need to port it and uprez the textures and add some other features.

Other than that... My secret project... Well, If Sony does it, well, at least I got experience... XD
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ren » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Dear mother of god, let joy rain down upon my skin. =) Hears hoping! Or do I expect look back at this thread in ten years thinking...hmm, Shenmue must have been really far down on that excel spreadsheet. =P
Ren
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: ToshiX1987
Currently playing: Don't have time anymore.

Postby Stocke » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:44 pm

God i really hope something comes of this. :sad:
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm generally optimistic when it comes to snippets like these, but this is one that I'm not taking too seriously.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:36 am

This would be so fantastic! I would buy two copies! :-) Sony is the right company for Shenmue and Yakuza. More than an american Publisher.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:58 am

I just read the entire interview and honestly this seems like the most promising Shenmue news in years. Accompanied with Yu Suzuki's meeting with Cerny earlier in the year...... HD Shenmue is on the way I recon!

They said they will announce stuff over the next 6 months so time to wait again boys.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby white lotus » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:33 am

We'll see. I've learned not to get my hopes up after rumor after rumor. Maybe I'm just a pessimist?
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Peter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:50 am

I just bought a 3 day pass for PAX Australia 2014... IF something Shenmue related was announced by Sony in the next 6 months I would fall over.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:14 am

Peter wrote: I just bought a 3 day pass for PAX Australia 2014... IF something Shenmue related was announced by Sony in the next 6 months I would fall over.

You're an Irishman staying in the one country that takes alcohol consumption more seriously than Ireland. So that's pretty much a given on most days, surely?

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Peter
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:27 am

LGS, your country disowns you.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:12 am

The rumor currently is that part of the PS4 big announcement all access thing today will include Shenmue 3. Honestly I wouldn't get your hopes up, Yu Suzuki would be there along side kojima if that's the case.

It ain't happening :( don't get your hopes up. At best we will get shenmue 1 and 2 hd re-release maybe 6 months down the line as part of Sony's third party publishing initiative, but gotta think about this logically. When an MTV owned mega corp like gametrailers and spike say 'minds will be blown' they mean the general gaming populace, not us Shwnmue fans or Sega diehards.

If I'm wrong I'll dance from the roof tops, but my common sense detector is reading 100% no chance.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:38 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:The rumor currently is that part of the PS4 big announcement all access thing today will include Shenmue 3.

That's just people doing the usual "2+2 equals 6" when it comes to Shenmue, and shouldn't be considered in the same vein as the rest of this week's news.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Fuel for thought or hatred:

Adam Boyes now says:

' We’re having meetings—that’s what my team does every single week. Right now we’re planning E3 – we’re planning our announcements for that – we’re planning gamescom, we’re planning TGS – all those different events and what kind of stuff we want. And listening, whether people are tweeting at [Shuhei Yoshida], or me, or anyone on my team. We’re reading all the forums and commenters to see what people are really excited about. And that’s the stuff we usually start with – the more excitement there is around certain content, that’s sort of where we go after.'
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Axm » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:43 pm

ThyDarkAngel wrote:Fuel for thought or hatred:

Adam Boyes now says:

' We’re having meetings—that’s what my team does every single week. Right now we’re planning E3 – we’re planning our announcements for that – we’re planning gamescom, we’re planning TGS – all those different events and what kind of stuff we want. And listening, whether people are tweeting at [Shuhei Yoshida], or me, or anyone on my team. We’re reading all the forums and commenters to see what people are really excited about. And that’s the stuff we usually start with – the more excitement there is around certain content, that’s sort of where we go after.'

Hatred? Nah definitely fuel for thought. That statement just solidifies that everything said before has so much weight to it. They've already seen alot from us, now we should show them more. So now when we do our monthly tweets we should do #GiveSonyThe ShenmueLicence or something to that effect @shuheiyoshida @adamboyes
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III