Bad news about Shenmue HD?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Bad news about Shenmue HD?

Postby DanteSergi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 am

I was reading Neogaf, and itsmprobably that SEGA did'nt release the Shenmue HD , because the low sales of other HD conversions like jet Set Radio HD or Nights,... But not only about that, but with legal problems with some codecs... I'm really freakin out, onlymexcuses and bad news with Shenmue lateoy,... Myi noy hope is the post-mortem with Yu Suzuki...

Source:
m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=101432168&postcount=74
DanteSergi
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Re: Bad news about Shenmue HD?

Postby The_Intruder » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 am

Ziming made a topic about it already I'm also worried about this.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Rakim » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 pm

I wonder if they still even have the original data for the game. When the Kingdom Hearts HD releases came out Square revealed they lost the game data and had to recreate a lot of stuff. And that's for a money printing series like KH. Can you imagine how frivolous Sega must have been with the data for a black sheep like Shenmue?
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby tomboz » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Read this the other day. Not sure I buy into it for the simple reason that we got 2X. S2 ran on the same engine as the original game and so if it was possible to port S2 to the Xbox then I can see no reason why both games can't be ported to the nextgen consoles.

It may well be that some of the elements of the game were licensed from other companies (although I'd hope not given the development costs) - but it should be a simple case of licensing the tech as it was for 2X.

As for whether or not the data still exists; one would hope that having spent a reported $70m on the series Sega would have taken good care of all of the resources.
tomboz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Return to Shenmue III