Suzuki hinting at shenmue at gamelab with a "3" oh my godddd

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Suzuki hinting at shenmue at gamelab with a "3" oh my go

Postby Totti » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:35 pm

I swear to gad if they want to make the game they will start by now but he is still make fun at u and u people are like a fucking retarded
Totti
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Totti wrote: I swear to gad if they want to make the game they will start by now but he is still make fun at u and u people are like a fucking retarded

Almost all your posts here have been insulting Shenmue fans, or the franchise itself. Please stop it, and try to be a bit more constructive with posts.

I still hope for a Shenmue Kickstarter. Always thought it was the best, and also most purest way to show support for the franchise to return, and have no doubt it would achieve its target.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Giorgio » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:54 pm

The previous mentioned article got an English translation. Worth a read!

«Suzuki: "if circumstances and opportunities are right, I'm ready to create Shenmue 3"
We talk to the creator of one of the most loved franchises in gaming about the possibility of a third.

We talked with Yu Suzuki at Gamelab today, and of course the subject came up regarding Shenmue 3, the long-talked about sequel to the Dreamcast adventure-RPG series that has been left unfinished since the last release, Shenmue II, in 2001.

"I'd rather say everybody which I have met, everybody has asked me about Shenmue 3," he told us when we asked how often does he get asked about returning to the Sega RPG. So we asked him what would need to happen for the game to become a reality.

"I made Shenmue - the first chapter - fourteen years ago, so it has been a long time. But still people remember that and they ask for Shenmue 3 too, so it's a very, very nice thing for me. So if the circumstances and opportunity are all right, I'm sure I'm ready to create that."

We wondered what he might be able to do with new tech and the opportunities that'd offer.

"Well, graphics and sound have progressed very much," he responded. "But especially the capacity of the CPU treatment has made very much progress, so I think it's the main point now in advance; how can we introduce AI so that the playability of the game can get better."

We also asked what new things he'd like to do with storytelling.

"So, I have made until Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2, but I have prepared until [Shenmue] 11, chapter 11. So if I want to continue the game, it will take a long time - because I have 9 chapters left. So I think I will have to change that construction composing the chapters, by dividing [spreading] many in two or three parts," later stating the series would end with Shenmue 4.

It may be a continuing pipe dream for fans that the Shenmue series would continue, let alone be given the chance to be finished properly, but Suzuki remains thankful by the continued support the franchise receives.

"I would say like this: Thank you very much for the great support for Shenmue! Reaction from Japan and Europe is a little different. Here I can feel that they appreciate it, and I would like to repeat: Thank you very much!"

We then asked whether Inafune-san had give him any advice on the potential of a Kickstarter success? "It's possible that we go for the crowd funding," he replied. "But now we're in a phase of research. I had the occasion to share dinner with Inafune-san and we were talking about it."»

Source: http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/203554/S ... nmue+3%22/
Last edited by Giorgio on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Fenix
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:00 pm

A fan asked him why to not start with kickstarter. It was fun but only 3 questions were asked 'cause of time.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

"But now we're in a phase of research. I had the occasion to share dinner with Inafune-san and we were talking about it."

Yes! Promising!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:05 pm

later stating the series would end with Shenmue 4.

He can not be serious. :|
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:15 pm

It would be so hilarious if he made Shenmue 3 and it ended on another cliffhanger and then 4 was canceled. The third and fourth games would have to be developed at the same time to ensure the fourth was released. They need to get cracking though.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:18 pm

I do think something is going down with Suzuki and the suits at Sony. He's been seen with many Sony officials lately...
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:51 pm

And I think this is the first time he's come out and say he'll need two more games to complete the story. I don't think he would say that if he hadn't gotten funding yet or at least someone very interested. Making Shenmue 3 is a stretch enough but making 3 and 4 would cost a pretty penny. But if he had gotten someone interested in making 3 and then convinced them he'll need a fourth to fully complete it I think it could work.
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Lan Di-sama » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Yet another discrepancy with the chapter information. This interview suggests when looking at the saga from the 11 chapter perspective (as opposed to the 16 chapter one), we have only seen chapters one and two.

What the fuck?

and shenmue 3 has seemed so completely off the table for so long now, a shenmue 4 probably hasn't crossed anyone's mind in years

Suzuki is high
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mue 26 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Lan Di-sama wrote: Yet another discrepancy with the chapter information. This interview suggests when looking at the saga from the 11 chapter perspective (as opposed to the 16 chapter one), we have only seen chapters one and two.

What the fuck?

:lol: I was waiting for someone to bring that up. In all honestly, I don't think we will ever get to the bottom of that whole mystery.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby flip » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Peter wrote:
Totti wrote: I swear to gad if they want to make the game they will start by now but he is still make fun at u and u people are like a fucking retarded

Almost all your posts here have been insulting Shenmue fans, or the franchise itself. Please stop it, and try to be a bit more constructive with posts.

I still hope for a Shenmue Kickstarter. Always thought it was the best, and also most purest way to show support for the franchise to return, and have no doubt it would achieve its target.

I agree that kickstarter would be the best way to approach this but would Sega play ball? It's ultimately up to them unfortunately.
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Axm » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 pm

Mega ton. This is crazy. He's kicking around the idea of Shenmue 4? He's lost his mind. They just better be made in tandum or we will all loose our minds if a 3 comes out only to end abruptly and we have to wait years for a 4.

Overall though this is great news. The man is still actively trying to get something done, all the while teasing us to hell and back with that image.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby BlueMue » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:45 pm

If it's possible I'd really like to have a Shenmue IV. I can't see them doing good stuffing the entire rest of the story into III unless it's a really long game, wich I wouldn't mind at all.
Unless they develope III and IV at once and just release them one after another Shenmue IV would be a very risky move, speculating that a Shenmue III would be successful enough.

I wonder why Yu Suzuki brings out the "IV" all of a sudden...
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Fenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:53 pm

As I said long time ago. If Shenmue III could be made, it wont be long enough to finish the saga. If the saga has to finish in Shenmue IV, the original story will still being too long.

In my opinion, Shenmue needs 6 or 7 games.
Fenix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: 3D Studio Max

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III