Future ideas for Shenmue PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Future ideas for Shenmue PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS

Postby Brian SII DC vs Xbox » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 am

I guess lots of people would like online forklift races.
Brian SII DC vs Xbox
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:23 am

I would not mind if the game only had voice acting in cutscenes.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Please let me choose dubbing!

Postby Protons » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:56 am

Please let us choose the voice over language! I much preferred Japanese over English.

Also -
Keep the intense QTE's coming
And errrrrmmmm... Don't change the things that don't need fixing (pretty much everything).

Yeah...
Protons
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: agito213
Steam: TheDooglet
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby ShenBlue92 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 pm

There are a lot of things to cover, but for now I'll give my two cents about the fighting mechanics:

Shenmue fighting system was brilliant, when it comes to 1 vs 1, but in fights with multiple enemies it suffered a little bit.
My personal Idea would be to split the fights between 1 v 1 (against martial artists or people that are pretty good in fighting) and 1 vs multiple enemies. In brawl fights they should mix Virtua Fighter mechanics with something like Batman (a little less "spectacular" and more realistic). Dynamic fights that might involve some QTE in certain moments. That said, the main focus should be the 1 vs 1 battles, with training sessions that Ryo needs for being able to stand a chance against Lan Di. It would be cool for him to have a traning a la Kill Bill with someone like Yao Fei :P

ShenBlue92 has received a thanks from: OL
ShenBlue92
Asia Travel Representative

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:51 pm

On the kickstarter site it says that there will be new fighting mechanics, I'm curious if that means what Yu Suzuki mentioned regarding the new scroll mastery system or if it will mean that there will be a new fighting system completely. Honestly, if it was even remotely similar to Batman Arkham series or Sleeping Dogs I'd be happy. I can see them taking that route but still retaining the depth of Shenmue.
FistOfTheNorthStar
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby south carmain » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:09 pm

I want it to have a toilet simulator where you can do ultra-realistic poos.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:20 pm

ShenBlue92 wrote: There are a lot of things to cover, but for now I'll give my two cents about the fighting mechanics:

Shenmue fighting system was brilliant, when it comes to 1 vs 1, but in fights with multiple enemies it suffered a little bit.
My personal Idea would be to split the fights between 1 v 1 (against martial artists or people that are pretty good in fighting) and 1 vs multiple enemies. In brawl fights they should mix Virtua Fighter mechanics with something like Batman (a little less "spectacular" and more realistic). Dynamic fights that might involve some QTE in certain moments. That said, the main focus should be the 1 vs 1 battles, with training sessions that Ryo needs for being able to stand a chance against Lan Di. It would be cool for him to have a traning a la Kill Bill with someone like Yao Fei :P

I like the idea of having separate systems for one-on-one fights as opposed to one-vs-many fights. Good idea. That way they certainly could retain the VF aspects in some respects, keeping the diehards happy.
However, I don't personally like the idea of the other kind of fights being like Batman or Sleeping Dogs. Those games are primarily counter-based, but I still think something closer to Yakuza (and by extension, closer to classic beat-em-ups), would be better.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Nahovil » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:39 pm

It needs to have a cat.
Nahovil
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ys » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Besides online racing maybe some kind of leaderboards for mini games? I don't care much but some do of course. Even if those boards often get hacked ;)

But yesterday I was thinking of an online market like in Shenmue I. It makes it easier to collect capsule toys, scrolls or other collectables and could maybe create a bit of a community feeling? Maybe some people could be more invested in the world instead of playing the game once and putting it aside?

Some features were really ahead of their time : http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/14499/passport.html
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby SlySpy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:56 pm

I'd like there to be martial arts masters who you can spar with, possibly for a fee, that allow you to boost your fighting move experience in a faster amount of time. For instance, if it's a master of a throwing based martial art, say aikido, using throwing moves on him will get you experience for your used throwing moves at a faster rate than you would get for using it in real fights. Similarly, going up against a master of a kicking martial art can increase experience on your leg moves. If you've trained long enough with some of those masters, perhaps they teach you a rare move with effective capabilities, which you then would be able to practice with.

I also wouldn't mind certain mini-games for training drills, like iron palming trees, or practicing on a wing chun dummy, in order to increase experience for certain striking moves.

For the fighting system in general, I've always been pretty content with it. I always liked that it was a system with a lot of fighting game depth to it, so I don't want it to change too much, but maybe improving the footwork and the enemy lock-on to be more fluid would help improve the fighting system in general. Another thing I would like, to bring even more of an rpg element to the fighting system, is to take certain moves in your move list, and then put them into certain archetypes that could then allow you to string them together in custom-made combos, so that different players could have different combo strings that they personalized for themselves.

I wouldn't mind an eating/drinking system, like someone else mentioned previously. It could further build on that aspect of realism, but only if it's not annoying (like getting hungry after every hour or something).
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby FistOfTheNorthStar » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

SlySpy wrote: I'd like there to be martial arts masters who you can spar with, possibly for a fee, that allow you to boost your fighting move experience in a faster amount of time. For instance, if it's a master of a throwing based martial art, say aikido, using throwing moves on him will get you experience for your used throwing moves at a faster rate than you would get for using it in real fights. Similarly, going up against a master of a kicking martial art can increase experience on your leg moves. If you've trained long enough with some of those masters, perhaps they teach you a rare move with effective capabilities, which you then would be able to practice with.

I also wouldn't mind certain mini-games for training drills, like iron palming trees, or practicing on a wing chun dummy, in order to increase experience for certain striking moves.

For the fighting system in general, I've always been pretty content with it. I always liked that it was a system with a lot of fighting game depth to it, so I don't want it to change too much, but maybe improving the footwork and the enemy lock-on to be more fluid would help improve the fighting system in general. Another thing I would like, to bring even more of an rpg element to the fighting system, is to take certain moves in your move list, and then put them into certain archetypes that could then allow you to string them together in custom-made combos, so that different players could have different combo strings that they personalized for themselves.

I wouldn't mind an eating/drinking system, like someone else mentioned previously. It could further build on that aspect of realism, but only if it's not annoying (like getting hungry after every hour or something).

I like your ideas a lot. How would you feel if the fighting system stayed the same but the camera angle was shown from a higher perspective such as in Sleeping Dogs or the Arkham Knight series? I feel that a balance between the two would work well.
FistOfTheNorthStar

Postby SlySpy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:44 am

FistOfTheNorthStar wrote:
I like your ideas a lot. How would you feel if the fighting system stayed the same but the camera angle was shown from a higher perspective such as in Sleeping Dogs or the Arkham Knight series? I feel that a balance between the two would work well.

If it was optional, I'd be okay with that. I think whether they go for higher camera angle, or the same as the first two games, or both optionally, I'd like the camera to be moveable as well, that way the view is never obstructed no matter where it is. More options are best in this case.
SlySpy
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Locke_cole » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 am

I want to make my own custom lucky hit board, and be able to upload/download other lucky hit boards.
Locke_cole
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby bobbers » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:47 am

I'd like to have somewhere where i can race ducks. I want to have my own personal duck and spend hours training in order to beat the ducklings and occasional brown one.
bobbers

Postby BigTuna » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:59 pm

Please give us the option to bicycle around China in Shenmue 3! I really wish they ended up including that in the final release of Shenmue.
BigTuna

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III