If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:08 am

I don't think it's a risk, we're getting Shenmue III no matter what now. Whether it's any good or not though remains to be seen.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Thief » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:09 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: I don't think it's a risk, we're getting Shenmue III no matter what now. Whether it's any good or not though remains to be seen.

I don't think it's a risk either. Something of this calibre-- it'll come out for sure now.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kentalis » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 am

510 donated. Got there too late for the better ones.

First time donating to kickstarter, can they open up bigger rewards as time goes on, or just add more stretch goals?
Kentalis
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Mortal Online

Postby Kenshin » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 am

Not much of a risk. Its from Yu himself and backef by Sony. We've already raised almost 3 million in 24 hours. The game will be made.

I pledged $300. Its the Best i could do.

Kenshin has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
Kenshin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 am

Kenny wrote:
Raithos wrote: I don't blame Riku at all. It seems every other month you read about some game or project getting canceled for some shit reason and people are out 100's of thousands of dollars in donations. If it wasn't for RPG's on DC and this, then I would have never backed anything either, besides friends campaigns.

If you're blinding investing THAT MUCH money on some nobody's Kickstarter without any hopes of seeing that return, you kind of deserve it.

The most I gave was $1000 for a part in the Angry Videogame Nerd movie, but it was worth it. Not only did it get made, I got to meet James Rolfe and get a legit IMDB credit. Not only that, but get back in touch with him in the future personally for a particular thing I want to work with him and his buds on.

But for nobodies? $10 tops. But with these crowdfunding projects, I only give to people who have proven track records (Double Fine, Interplay, ect) or have a near-finished product already (100 Yen: The Japanese Arcade Experience, WYRMWOOD, Exogen Bio, ect). Anything more to anything less is borderline retarded, i'm sorry.

I didn't mean a single person donating that much. I was talking about an entire campaign ending costing everyone who donated, whatever they contributed. Before this, the most I've ever given is $125, to a company I've bought games from in the past. I don't see any risk in this one either, like none at all. But I see where he is coming from in not wanting to donate based on the fact that yes, the person or company can 100% take your money and run. There's nothing stopping someone from running a Kickstarter, posting a few updates, then going silent. Only to pop up 6 months later and say its canceled. We only read about the big projects that go bust, it happens even more with the smaller ones.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby leonjuly » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:44 am

$29 is pretty fine for me. And if the develop need more funds I'll consider donate more too.
leonjuly
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Lando » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:40 am

This is a true story:
In 2010 I started a separate bank account called Shenmue 3, just in case it would ever be a Kickstarte-project. Every month since then I've put in about $~50-100 on it just in case this would ever be a reality, and thus choosing not to buy that extra video game or that food at a retsurant so I could motive now spending that money.
I work in the game industry and have a decent salary, and I don't drink beer or smoke or travel much or anything like that so I could kinda motivate it by that.
Two days ago, that bank account held about $4500. The SECOND the Kickstart hit I plunged it all right into the Kickstarter.
I have 0 regrets, the only thing I regret is that I didn't start it earlier or that I didn't save more, if so I'd taken the 10 000 dinner with Yu one : )

People around me think I'me crazy spending the money of a decent car on a video game, but really, nothing means more to me than this.

Lando has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Rakim
Lando
Asia Travel Representative

Postby ShenBlue92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 am

I thought I posted here, but maybe my phone didn't work :P

I have donated 100 $...it's not that much, but I really can't spend anymore. If I had a lot more money, I wouldn't have hesitated to throw yu 10.000 dollars for this amazing dream coming true.
ShenBlue92

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:47 am

310 bones pledged! :-)
So exciting to see this community come alive and to participate in the development of making shenmue 3. The next few years will be very very exciting! X
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby asnozz » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:51 am

I pledged $120. I'd have given more, but last year I decided to go back and get a masters degree - so being unpaid doesn't help.. I hope we get past $4m (obv).

It is annoying me a little how people are complaining about the budget goals. No this isn't going to be the system selling that Sega wanted with the Dreamcast; we can't expect the same levels of investment (especially on a niche game like this); Sony has said that they will back it if it meets its goals.

Nevertheless, they are not building the game engine this time round, this is a massive hurdle they have already dodged.

I love the suggestion of the PC game case being sold in an old Dreamcast game case (PAL), a great nostalgia trip. Do I see this happening, no. Yes I'd also love a physical PS4 release, but I kind of understand why it won't happen (even though we all may pay more, it ultimately won't pay for its self and eats into the actual games budget).
asnozz
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: asnozz
XBL: asnozz360
Steam: asnozz

Postby BayStone » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:04 am

$310 - donated as quickly as I could, well, once Kickstarter started working. :lol:
BayStone
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby alexironaek » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 am

130 euros from me...damn Greek crisis...i wish i could give more but my monthly salary is 300 euros and my rent is 180...

alexironaek has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby spinksy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:31 am

I just upped my pledge from $175 to $250

The currency conversion into UK pounds was better than I thought and I wanted the extra stuff :roll: :D :D

spinksy has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
spinksy

XBL: spinksy777
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue, skies of Arcadia

Postby Miggi03 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:33 am

$60 Physical PC copy. YES PLEASE! \:D/
Miggi03

Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Abz » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:54 am

Hi guys,

I am a new member to the dojo even though I have been lurking on these forums for quite some time. I thought the time couldnt be right to join and congratulate everyone on our hard work by getting the word out to #SaveShenmue. I still can't believe that this day has finally come where we get to see Ryo leave the cave behind and venture forth in Shenmue 3. I was taken back with overwhelming emotion to see Shenmue 3 finally announced thanks to Sony third party team and Yu Suzuki for keeping the faith and dream alive. Shenmue has always been a compelling experience and its because of shenmue that I have decided to get into game design and development.

I am also really happy to back Shenmue 3 on kickstarter and ita unbelievable that Shenmue has broke kickstarter records. Saying this, shenmue has the best and passionate fanbase within tje video gaming industry and hopefully sega and co pick up on this. I have pledged $29 and I believe we get the digital release of Shenmue as a reward. Does anybody by any chance if Sony are looking to release a physical copy of Shenmue 3 for the PS4?

In closing lets continue to show our love and support for Yu Suzuko and lets make our voices heard one more time by Sharing the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project across all social media platforms.
Abz

PSN: solja_g-123
Currently playing: Shenmue 2

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III