Why Shenmue's announcement didn't live up to my hype.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Why Shenmue's announcement didn't live up to my hype.

Postby alexh86 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:27 am

For me personally, I really wasn't bothered by how it was announced because I understand that the footage was very rough in-engine stuff that they obviously threw together to have something to show. However, people are taking it as if that was a scene ripped directly from the new game. For those people, it would have been better to just show the logos, music montage, "the story goes on...," and stuff like that because it could have deterred some from backing the project.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:46 am

Locke_cole wrote: Suzuki could of released Shenmue 3 as a PDF file and I would of done fucking backflips.

:rotflmao:
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby ys » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:42 pm

As I wrote in another thread : I'll get more excited when I see concrete information or serious trailers like Henry said.

DaMulder wrote: I am happy with the trailer actually. It looked so much like S2 and Ryo's voice is just as "woody" as it has always been. I love the water effects and I am just so looking forward to the game!

It's been a while since you were around. Anyway, I thought that the environment looked great but the voice acting was...yeah... Worse than the average voice in Shenmue I. Maybe some people working on the project quickly recorded this just to have something.
They didn't really need those voices though. It would have been enough to just announce the game while showing footage of the environment and Ryo and Shenhua from a distance.

Cory Marshall was actually asked if it was him saying "Yeah" but apparently it wasn't. He added though that he would gladly do voicework for Shenmue III.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby elmatto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:47 pm

My initial reaction was like

"OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT......whoa wait? kickstarter? Well that sucks butOHWELLLETSDOTHIS."
elmatto

Favorite title: Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III