Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:30 am

south carmain wrote:
Wanderin' wrote: Well this is a little bit of a crap shoot - all the relevant questions we compiled (ie. will the original Virtua Fighter battle mechanic still be used, explain the stretch goals) are more or less completely dispersed or are not even present on the new AMA and Suzuki is more or less rifling through all the new questions to find easy ones to answer - most of which are mainly irrelevant.

Maybe we could email them some questions in the name of the dojo or 500k now that they recognise us as official shenmue communities to get decent answers.

We need to ask if Shenmue Dojo may conduct a formal interview with Yu.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby BigTuna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:30 am

flip wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on

Thank you! I asked him. It's doubtful, but I'm hoping for the possibility.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:31 am

Man, nothing interesting came out of this! I just wanted to know the specific game mechanics of Shenmue 3... and the stretch goals past the $5 million mark. I wonder if we will be missing any elements/ features in the game if we do not make it.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote: Best case scenario would be Shenmue 4 or 5 like planned. He'll do his best to no compromise.

He said he originally planned 4-5 games to realise the full 11 chapters. With today's storage capabilities he could fit them all in to shenmue 3 given the resources so it doesn't really answer the question of what he plans to do now.

Not a matter of storage. He needs more funds to create all 11 chapters. To make all of the remaining chapters fit into Shenmue 3 would probably cost way more than he will have.

I trust you're an expert on video game budgets and have had extensive talks with Yu Suzuki on what resources he needs then to be able to say that so confidently.

Obviously I'm not, but I'm sure people will agree with me that it's budget.

So if other people who also have no idea what they're talking about agree with you that makes you right? For all you know Yu Suzuki has plans to cut enough corners to fit the rest of the 11 chapters in to Shenmue 3 and that's what he means by he would like to realise all 11 chapters. He did say before after all that it would be possible to fit it all in to a 3rd game if he absolutely needed to.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 am

sand4fish wrote: Man, nothing interesting came out of this! I just wanted to know the specific game mechanics of Shenmue 3... and the stretch goals past the $5 million mark. I wonder if we will be missing any elements/ features in the game if we do not make it.

Everyone wants to know these things. But I think they want to avoid answering these things. (probably too early to give out such info)
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Persona 4,Mortal Kombat x

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:33 am

BigTuna wrote:
flip wrote:
BigTuna wrote: I missed the AMA. Ended up gong to a con in Sac at the last minute. Kinda bummed out. Did anyone ask about the possibility of a bicycle being implemented into Shen3? It's the one thing I wish they kept in the first game.

It's still going on

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.

Anthony817 has received a thanks from: BigTuna
Anthony817
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: Anthony817
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue II English 99min

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am

Hey guys... Upvote my question... It's way in the bottom:

I love you Sir! You will always have my support! As for my question:
How much game elements/features will we be missing in the game if the campaign doesn't reach the $5 million mark?
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am

south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote: Best case scenario would be Shenmue 4 or 5 like planned. He'll do his best to no compromise.

He said he originally planned 4-5 games to realise the full 11 chapters. With today's storage capabilities he could fit them all in to shenmue 3 given the resources so it doesn't really answer the question of what he plans to do now.

Not a matter of storage. He needs more funds to create all 11 chapters. To make all of the remaining chapters fit into Shenmue 3 would probably cost way more than he will have.

I trust you're an expert on video game budgets and have had extensive talks with Yu Suzuki on what resources he needs then to be able to say that so confidently.

So if other people who also have no idea what they're talking about agree with you that makes you right? For all you know Yu Suzuki has plans to cut enough corners to fit the rest of the 11 chapters in to Shenmue 3 and that's what he means by he would like to realise all 11 chapters. He did say before after all that it would be possible to fit it all in to a 3rd game if he absolutely needed to.

Well in that case yes it's possible to cram all of it in. But that would be compromising, my reply was assuming he didn't want to compromise and have the entire world as expansive as before.
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby staplepuffs27 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:34 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Agreed
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby BigTuna » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 am

Anthony817 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
flip wrote:

It's still going on

Lol I just asked him for you before this post go back a page on here to see the link. Link me yours and I will upvote it as well so we got the question out there twice for double the chance.

Dude! Rad! Haha
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3 ... ng/csco1ek

EDIT: You asked it in a much nicer way than I did. Very specific and detailed. Nice job. Thank you! I upvoted, of course.
Last edited by BigTuna on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigTuna has received a thanks from: Anthony817
BigTuna

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby shredingskin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:36 am

I reuploaded my old questions mostly about the game systems.

http://www.reddit.com/user/shredingskin/
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby FourWuDu1026 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 am

Suzuki still deciding on what capsule toys to include.

Also has considered telling rest of story in a book. Thank god that didn't happen!
FourWuDu1026
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 am

FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
FourWuDu1026 wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Well in that case yes it's possible to cram all of it in. But that would be compromising, my reply was assuming he didn't want to compromise and have the entire world as expansive as before.

He's already compromising by making the game on unreal and making it on a budget assuming that the statements about kickstarter being the bulk of the funding are true. I wouldn't go in to this expecting it as polished as the first 2 games that's for sure.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby flip » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:38 am

Q:

鈴木さんこんにちは! シェンムー3は、1章と2のように日本語ボイスがあるのでしょうか? 公式サイトで松風雅也さんが紹介されてましたが、主人公芭月涼の声優は1章と2と同じく松風雅也さんなのでしょうか? キックスターター応援してます!シェンムー3の開発頑張ってください。 (前の記事にも同じ質問をしましたが、もう一度こちらに書いておきます)

Suzuki 's Hello ! Shenmue 3 , I think there is Japanese voice as Chapter 1 and 2 ? Official site, but Matsukaze Masaya 's had been featured in , the hero Ryo of voice actor Will. What also Matsukaze Masaya 's Chapter 1 and 2 ? Kickstarter I support you ! Please do its best development of Shenmue 3 . (But you were also asked the same question in front of the article , I have written here again )

A:

Yu Suzuki:

あります!

There will!
flip
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Himuro » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:40 am

Wanderin' wrote: If I'm not mistaken, there currently are no questions about the free battle mechanic in the AMA!

Then ask away then.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III