Vote Shenmue as the most anticipated game

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Vote Shenmue as the most anticipated game

Postby Zoltor » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 am

Yokosuka wrote:
Zoltor wrote: I was going to, but ended up not, because you needed to register for the site or link it to stupid Twitch/Facebook, so yea I said screw that(I don't feel like getting even more spam mail then I alredy do, tyvm).

I registered for the site and never get any spam.

Oh ok, I guess I'll register then(keeping Shenmue 3 at the top of lists, especially this kind, sure can't hurt its chances of getting investors any).

What I don't get, are investors not paying attention at all, because It's #1 on every damn list, so clearly It's not as nich as the industry thought, yet as far as we know, no one major has stepped up(believe 5m is nothing for investors, who invest in projects in this industry.

Who knows, maybe Yu already reached the goal(now that would be a actually legit reason for only alloying Paypal to stay for 3), but the investor doesn't want anyone to know(for some insecure reason or another).

What a great surprise that would be, playing it to figure out that the game ended up clearly having all the stuff in the stretch goals :)
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 am

Maybe that's why the Paypal campaign is not insistent and focuses only on the people unable to pay the Kickstarter, because there are no need to make the fans paying again. :)

Well, the potential investors has always been there but Yu had all refused them in the past. Looks like fund Shenmue means you must be ready to earn not a lot of money even in terms of success. I always believed Shenmue 5 is the main reason why nobody invest in Shenmue with Sega owning the IP.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:03 am

Kiske wrote:
Hyo Razuki wrote: I've done this thing quite a while back. 100+ days at the top? Is this thing ever gonna end? Like, will they "finalize" the survey's results at some point or how does it work?

Games in the list will eventually come out and new games are annouced/showed every now and then.
I don't expect this "most anticipated list" to end but to evolve with time.
100+ days are probably a record though!

I get it. First i thought, it was like most anticipated game of the Summer or of 2015. Maybe we can hold it up long eneough to break a new record or maybe even all the way till S3 comes out.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:35 pm

One year on the top, congrats Shenmue 3!!!

Here my new top. And that's my real one, no cheat:

Yokosuka has received 4 thanks from: Hyo Razuki, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty, Sonoshee
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hyo Razuki » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:24 pm

No matter how big or small this site is, still a beautiful story for Shenmue. It's been on top for a year already. How time flies.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III