Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artwork

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artw

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: Oh man I hope they have replica phoenix and dragon mirrors! But I only put that I'd pay $80 for them because I don't want those to be too pricey.

Made in China :lol:

NeoShredder has received a thanks from: ys
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby benayun88 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 am

"thought that an English dub was confirmed? Or were those assumptions?"

From what I can tell - no where on the kickstarter does it indicate anything other than Japanese dub.

Somesay that the very nature of the trailer being in english makes it a given that the game will be in english - but Suzuki San has never said it, or has spoken about it.

Still it is interesting that the Kickstarter poll mentions voicing characters.... makes me start to think that it is a very serious option for the game to be english dubbed.
benayun88
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby Sonoshee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:32 am

mrandyk wrote: My favorite mini games were the arcade games. I'm guessing those will be left out of this one.

I couldn't honestly see the villages Shenhua and Ryo visiting in Shenmue 3 as realistically having Arcade games anyway ;-)
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 am

Shenmue 3 will be available in English and Japanese, and since the Stretch Goals have been reached, German, French, Italian and Spanish languages will be added as well. We have received many requests to add Portuguese and Chinese among other languages as well. We are hopeful that funding levels will allow for further languages. Should additional languages be added, there will be an announcement made on the Update page.

This is what the Kickstarter says. Note the order: English AND Japanese.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:48 am

"By voting, the top ranked character will get some VIP treatment in Shenmue 3. Depending on the character, they might get an extended cut scene, a flashback sequence, or a cameo appearance. Or something else entirely?"

Vote Nozomi everyone! To be honest I am conflicted between having her and Tom.

No point voting characters that we know will be in it like Ryo! :p
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rikitatsu » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:51 am

I'm hoping that the reason "PS4 Physical Ver." wasn't in the poll is because it's the reward tier currently being prepared on as mentioned in the OP.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby mrandyk » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Shenmue 3 will be available in English and Japanese, and since the Stretch Goals have been reached, German, French, Italian and Spanish languages will be added as well. We have received many requests to add Portuguese and Chinese among other languages as well. We are hopeful that funding levels will allow for further languages. Should additional languages be added, there will be an announcement made on the Update page.

This is what the Kickstarter says. Note the order: English AND Japanese.

Yes, but it doesn't specify if English or Japanese will be spoken or just subtitled. The German, French, Italian, and Spanish languages are mentioned right afterwards without any clarification, and we know that they are just subtitles.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby colacube » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 am

Sonoshee wrote:
mrandyk wrote: My favorite mini games were the arcade games. I'm guessing those will be left out of this one.

I couldn't honestly see the villages Shenhua and Ryo visiting in Shenmue 3 as realistically having Arcade games anyway ;-)

I think Choubu will definitely have an arcade. I'm hoping the village will be a scaled-down Suzhou (which Yu has previously used for inspiration). This is what it looks like:

https://irenetravelogue.files.wordpress ... jpg?w=1000

colacube has received a thanks from: ys
colacube

Postby James Brown » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 am

I did the survey on my phone whilst at work earlier, and at first I thought how much they were asking for each of those items individually, so I put most low prices, but then looking at the survey again on my comp, and you guys answers, seem to be saying that they're asking how much you would pay for a tier that featured the item aswell as say the $500 tier? I would go up to the $3000 tier, if aswell as the jacket, they gave you each of the items listed in the survey. $500 was gonna be my max, but if these items do appear, I might have to take out a bit of a loan aswell, and then pay it back slowly :P, mrs won't be happy tho as we're meant to be saving for a holiday later in the year lol
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby ys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:25 am

Just seeing some artwork is good since it means that they're busy already. I also like seeing villages like in the link above. It kind of gives a sense of scale to the game knowing that Ryo will travel around.

ConanTheKing wrote: "By voting, the top ranked character will get some VIP treatment in Shenmue 3. Depending on the character, they might get an extended cut scene, a flashback sequence, or a cameo appearance. Or something else entirely?"

Vote Nozomi everyone! To be honest I am conflicted between having her and Tom.

Yu could solve a Nozomi cameo gracefully by letting her show up in China with the purpose of fighting Shenhua. Just to make clear that Shenhua should stop messing around with her man [-X
Last edited by ys on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby shredingskin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

She had an "appearance" in the cave, also shenhua was kinda jelous of her when ryo was talking about flowers.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ys » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:39 am

Yes, I also got that impression. The best part though is that Ryo is totally oblivious and continues with a focused, factual answer, haha.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Previous

Return to Shenmue III