There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Postby Mystere » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:31 pm

south carmain wrote: Instead of targeting wherever he's negative or not you could target his points instead? It would make for a much less pointless discussion in my opinion as something of worth would actually be discussed.

The points are all known. Awesome Japan aren't awesome, Yu should've made his target $10M, Sony's funding should've been declared, SIII needs positive media exposure... We all know this. What we need to do is continue doing everything we can to fix, broadcast, and improve things from our end.

MiTT3NZ big post ^^^ contains the word should've 8 times, by my count. They should've done this, they should've done that. Yeah, well that's great - we know, it would've been nice, but they didn't. What's to debate? Shenmue III's future is in our hands, so let's quit whining and fix things. Which, like I said, takes positivity.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Mystere wrote:
south carmain wrote: Instead of targeting wherever he's negative or not you could target his points instead? It would make for a much less pointless discussion in my opinion as something of worth would actually be discussed.

The points are all known. Awesome Japan aren't awesome, Yu should've made his target $10M, Sony's funding should've been declared, SIII needs positive media exposure... We all know this. What we need to do is continue doing everything we can to fix, broadcast, and improve things from our end.

MiTT3NZ big post ^^^ contains the word should've 8 times, by my count. They should've done this, they should've done that. Yeah, well that's great - we know, it would've been nice, but they didn't. What's to debate? Shenmue III's future is in our hands, so let's quit whining and fix things. Which, like I said, takes positivity.

This is forum. It's not really your place to tell people what they should discuss or not to be honest m8.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 pm

south carmain wrote:
k

Mittenz came into this thread to bitch that he is being censored yet you're saying we're being over sensitive? K.

south carmain wrote:
Mystere wrote:

This is forum. It's not really your place to tell people what they should discuss or not to be honest m8.

Tell me what, if anything, new has Mittenz contributed to this thread in terms of general concern or criticism we aren't all wary about?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 pm

All I see is people saying that Mittenz should stop discussing what he want to discuss so he kinda has a point. The rest can just ignore his posts if they're tired of reading them. The dojo even has a feature that allows you to hide all the posts of members you don't like.

south carmain has received 2 thanks from: Raithos, Rikitatsu
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Mystere » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:37 pm

south carmain wrote:
Mystere wrote:

And yet its cool for MiTT3NZ to come into a topic where the OP's saying "let's be positive" and tell him "Your positivity is oppressive?" Hypocritical advice much?
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:39 pm

It's a public forum m8. Ironic that it's someone with Stalin as his profile pic telling you this.

Not really sure where he said his positivity is oppressive, I read it more as that people should be able to voice their "negative" opinions if they want to.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:41 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Alright then, if you want me to assume the mantle of Captain Obvious...

- YSNet should've spent more time on creating a short demo, not just Shenhua's poor attempt at a Blue Steel and jumping over a stream. Also, setting it in the cave would've been a bit more poignant. Give non-Shenmue fans a reason to pledge their hard-earned money, don't just expect them to.

I can understand why they didn't set the video in the cave, since they wanted Shenmue 3 to look lush and the environments to look visually appealing to possible non-fans. Seriously though, they could have done a montage of them enjoying the outdoors and then being stuck in the frigging cave for 14 years with Ryo slowly looking more and more dishevelled as fuck as the years go by, eventually looking horrific, complete with a dirty, ripped shirt crawling out of the cave, pleading, "Pleaaaase, save us, AAAAAAARGH!" and Shenhua looking lifeless and coughing every 5 seconds.

With a message going "won't you pledge money to this poor, homeless, sick man and his bed ridden tour guide. For just $29 you will provide water, $75 will provide them with meals which will last a week, for $100 a new bed, $500 the Pope will arrive and give them holy wine and bread, $2,000,000 will get them out of the cave with them both back to full health, $10,000,000 will get them out of the cave with High Def visuals and sound.

You know, get the sympathy going and all that.

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Himuro, Raithos, south carmain
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm

south carmain wrote: All I see is people saying that Mittenz should stop discussing what he want to discuss so he kinda has a point. The rest can just ignore his posts if they're tired of reading them. The dojo even has a feature that allows you to hide all the posts of members you don't like.

He can discuss what he wants. We all have. But this was a different topic for that, that he had no place venting his crap into. It's just one bloody thread out of many.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm

south carmain wrote: It's a public forum m8. Ironic that it's someone with Stalin as his profile pic telling you this.

Not really sure where he said his positivity is oppressive, I read it more as that people should be able to voice their "negative" opinions if they want to.

I think he's being overly defensive and offended by the thread title. It isn't saying people can't express their "negativity", it's just that the thread poster thought there's no reason to worry. He really shouldn't have used the word "negative" to be fair. "No need to worry about Shenmue III" would be a helluva lot less divisive. And he DID say that it was oppressive.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Himuro wrote:
south carmain wrote: All I see is people saying that Mittenz should stop discussing what he want to discuss so he kinda has a point. The rest can just ignore his posts if they're tired of reading them. The dojo even has a feature that allows you to hide all the posts of members you don't like.

He can discuss what he wants. We all have. But this was a different topic for that, that he had no place venting his crap into. It's just one bloody thread out of many.

"he can discuss what he wants just not here because it bothers me" You could grow some thicker skin perhaps?
Himuro wrote:
south carmain wrote: It's a public forum m8. Ironic that it's someone with Stalin as his profile pic telling you this.

I think he's being overly defensive and offended by the thread title. It isn't saying people can't express their "negativity", it's just that the thread poster thought there's no reason to worry. He really shouldn't have used the word "negative" to be fair. "No need to worry about Shenmue III" would be a helluva lot less divisive.

But what you previously said proves his point though.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Reprise » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Mystere wrote: Yu should've made his target $10M

But then we wouldn't have Shenmue 3.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:51 pm

south carmain wrote:
Himuro wrote:

"he can discuss what he wants just not here because it bothers me" You could grow some thicker skin perhaps?
Himuro wrote:

I think he's being overly defensive and offended by the thread title. It isn't saying people can't express their "negativity", it's just that the thread poster thought there's no reason to worry. He really shouldn't have used the word "negative" to be fair. "No need to worry about Shenmue III" would be a helluva lot less divisive.

It doesn't prove his point. I myself have been called "negative" recently on this forum for expressing similar concerns and worries. However, there's a place and time for everything. If someone made a thread about Lan Di and turned it into a thread about something else entirely, I'd have a problem with it. It has nothing to do with needing "thicker skin" and more to do with Mittenz propensity to have the urge to throw some cynicism in every single thread he touches, even when it's not even necessary. Did he really need to throw it in here too? So nowhere on the Dojo is there a place where we could just discuss this positively, without Mittenz or even me shitting it up?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

"Don't be negative."
"There's nothing wrong with being negative."
"Well if you're gonna be negative, make citations/link to sources."
"Surely there's no point in that?"
"Everything's going great."
"No, it's not."
"You're just looking for reasons to moan."
"No, I'm worried that we're gonna be getting a watered down version of the game."
"I just want Shenmue III."
"I want Shenmue III to be the best game possible."
"It's not even out yet, how can you judge it so quickly?"
"Because of the information we currently have."
"You're very impatient."
"I'm willing to wait a lot longer for a better game than we're probably gonna end up with."
"Why are you so against everyone being positive?"
"I'm not. They're against me sharing my concerns, which are - by extension - deemed negative."
"Well the criticism should be constructive then."
"Okay, here it is..."
"Stop bringing your negativity to an anti-negative topic. Only positivity is allowed here, and you're just repeating points that have already been made."
"So any negative points have to be valid and I have to back them up, but I can't post here because I'm not being positive and points that are made are pointless because someone else has mentioned it, rendering the 'constructive' part of the criticism redundant?"

Remember a time when we could have intelligent discussions around here? ](*,)

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Bambi
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Himuro » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:54 pm

We have had multiple intelligent discussions on this forum since this announcement. You are talking about one thread among many. Many people have made many threads concerning Shenmue III, yet you have decided that for some reason, this thread is indicative of the entire board. You are increasingly illogical, mate.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Himuro wrote:
south carmain wrote:
Himuro wrote:

Himuro wrote:

It doesn't prove his point. I myself have been called "negative" recently on this forum for expressing similar concerns and worries. However, there's a place and time for everything. If someone made a thread about Lan Di and turned it into a thread about something else entirely, I'd have a problem with it. It has nothing to do with needing "thicker skin" and more to do with Mittenz propensity to have the urge to throw some cynicism in every single thread he touches, even when it's not even necessary. Did he really need to throw it in here too? So nowhere on the Dojo is there a place where we could just discuss this positively, without Mittenz or even me shitting it up?

How is it something else entirely when the title of the thread is "there is no reason for negativity". Seems pretty on topic to me, Mittz saw a thread telling people that there is no reason to be negative and felt the need to discuss that people should still be able to share their opinions wherever negative or not which makes perfect sense to me. It's not like he started a Yakuza thread in the shenmue 2 forums.

And yeah you telling him that his negative opinions shouldn't be discussed in this positive thread kinda does prove his point.

south carmain has received 4 thanks from: Bambi, MiTT3NZ, Raithos, Rikitatsu
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III