PS4 Physical Version - Email reply

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PS4 Physical Version - Email reply

Postby yesteryeargames » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:49 am

If they made a ps4 limited version in a release similar to the likes of retro city rampage it would get millions of extra backers , fans and collectors simply looking to add a rare low print title to their collection ,

Digital release kills that market .
yesteryeargames
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Splatoon

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 am

yesteryeargames wrote: If they made a ps4 limited version in a release similar to the likes of retro city rampage it would get millions of extra backers , fans and collectors simply looking to add a rare low print title to their collection ,

Digital release kills that market .

That's what would happen for me, they can throw little toys, jackets and many things out there and it won't give me much feeling but

as soon as I see a dreamcast case with insert art, I'd freak out :shock:
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby alexh86 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:32 am

I'm almost certain that we will see a physical PS4 release and wouldn't be surprised if there was a collector's edition as well. Many smaller releases like Retro City Rampage and Mighty No 9 are getting or have gotten physical releases and I don't expect Shenmue to be any different. They seem pretty adamant about never offering it as a Kickstarter reward but I still think we will see a physical console release. I want a physical PS4 release as badly as anyone so I will gladly rebuy the game in 2017.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby murdiaries » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:42 am

Sony will take care of that, just wait for the retail.
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Drakul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:42 pm

BigTuna wrote: I think it's safe to say Sony wants to profit as much as they can on the game and is banking on the fans buying the physical copy when it drops. Which is understandable if that's the case.
I'm definitely gonna buy it despite getting the DL code. Because I prefer physical over digital.

Agreed.

And I would give my left nut for an actual Dreamcast physical copy of the game!! But realistically could the DC run Shenmue III in 2015?
Drakul

Previous

Return to Shenmue III