Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals revealed.

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:49 pm

Peter wrote: I am still baffled by languages consuming almost a fifth of the budgets finances. How about making the game to the best of its potential BEFORE adding in languages!! A lot of those countries speak English anyways!!

benayun88 wrote:with that attitude we wont. we need to get everyone involved with $30 on the third. please spread the word.

It was a joke ffs. Away and have a Snickers.....

Maybe they want to ensure the Shenmue 3 sales around the world to increase Shenmue 4 budget.

They could have learnt from Shenmue Dreamcast mistakes too.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby elmatto » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Yeah we'll probably make it up to 6 max. Anything more and I'll be stunned.

Better than nothing eh?
Last edited by elmatto on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmatto
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby code l name » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Someone pointed out "magic maze" was something Suzuki-san discussed during his Shenmue postmortem. In that he described creating complex algorithms that would create large landscapes but wouldn't take up much data/storage.

I wonder what this means in the context of Shenmue III...
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:00 am

We should get a huge push with the 30onthe3rd hash.
And if they do as we ask and add a Paypal option after the Kickstarter has ended, the $11 million is practically guaranteed. It's a bit unrealistic to think we can hit anywhere near that amount in a 30 day period.
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:01 am

Sonoshee wrote: We should get a huge push with the 30onthe3rd hash.
And if they do as we ask and add a Paypal option after the Kickstarter has ended, the $11 million is practically guaranteed. It's a bit unrealistic to think we can hit anywhere near that amount in a 30 day period.

Probably tomato but that's ok

yes, I just posted this same question in the 30 thread. Let's do something. Let's goooo :D

We need to push and create other donation dates though, how about one for tomorrow, the twitch chat is perfect and we can play to do somethin. I will try and make an idea... hope you guys can consider

Ten for twitch friday? if you guys like it I an try to dig up an image for it. Twitching 30 for Firday? is that better?
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:21 am

I'm absolutely disappointed and shocked at the complete lack of regard for Shenmue's Chinese fans despite the fact the location of the game. :roll: Portugese but not Chinese?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 The Plan

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 am

Yokosuka wrote: Did YSnet really overestimated the community size before the kickstarter launch ?

So in their opinion, Brazilian community can do a better boost than Chinese that seem only interested in MMO ?

I can personally vouch that the Brazilian & Portuguese Shenmue community is not a small one. Though I find it surprising they didn't include Chinese as well, as I saw fans pleading for the language in other forums and Kickstarter comments. Maybe it's considered risky due to government's heavy censorship and rampant piracy in China.

But the irony of this all is that though there's a Portuguese language stretch goal, there is still no Paypal for the Brazilians and Portuguese to use.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:34 am

code l name wrote: Someone pointed out "magic maze" was something Suzuki-san discussed during his Shenmue postmortem. In that he described creating complex algorithms that would create large landscapes but wouldn't take up much data/storage.

I wonder what this means in the context of Shenmue III...

You are right about the Magic Maze meaning the use of algorithms to replicate large areas. Yu Suzuki used that term on occasional times when talking about creating the Guilin forest part in Shenmue 2. I recall this feature is often used by Naughty Dog in their games as well to avoid use of loading screens.

Though the idea of a literal Magic Maze is far more interesting.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:43 am

Himuro wrote: I'm absolutely disappointed and shocked at the complete lack of regard for Shenmue's Chinese fans despite the fact the location of the game. :roll: Portugese but not Chinese?

I guess it's hard to get statistics from china, and the pirate market there doesn't make it easier.

I guess online was a really interesting approach to their market.

But I don't care about online Shenmue. Shenmue is videogame in it's great form, and to me, it means an amazing art.

Today is everything shoot this, or that. Blah blah or this sidequest, grind here, That's what I liked about Shenmue I better than II.

Great stories should be told how they need to be told. I don't know about Shenmue story, but what I know is that this series did so much for the medium that I can't start to speak.

Yu said he wanted this game that could be played by kids, he did a lot more than that.

I just want more of his ideas.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Himuro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am

shredingskin wrote:
Himuro wrote: I'm absolutely disappointed and shocked at the complete lack of regard for Shenmue's Chinese fans despite the fact the location of the game. :roll: Portugese but not Chinese?

I guess it's hard to get statistics from china, and the pirate market there doesn't make it easier.

But I don't care about online Shenmue. Shenmue is videogame in it's great form, and to me, it means an amazing art.

Today is everything shoot this, or that. Blah blah or this sidequest, grind here, That's what I liked about Shenmue I better than II.

Great stories should be told how they need to be told. I don't know about Shenmue story, but what I know is that this series did so much for the medium that I can't start to speak.

Yu said he wanted this game that could be played by kids, he did a lot more than that.

How in the world did you go from China to "shoot this, shoot that" and "Yu wanted to make this for kids?" :-k
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby NismoZZzz » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 am

So many stretch goals! I'll be happy at 6 million, but the rest would be nice too. Lets get these new reward tiers out so we can up our pledges!
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:55 am

Who knows? Maybe Yu Suzuki intends to put Chinese as a stretch goal at 11,10 Mil. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he thought out stretch goals till hitting the budget of his two previous games. Sometimes the guy is too ambitious for his own good. :shock:

sand4fish has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, Yokosuka
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jackie Fhan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:23 am

Not sure how good chinese would go over for the game. PS4's are in china but they seem to only play online games like dota and lol here.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby shredingskin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:33 am

Himuro wrote:
shredingskin wrote:

How in the world did you go from China to "shoot this, shoot that" and "Yu wanted to make this for kids?" :-k

Kinda 4 liters of beer, kinda I know, kinda I love shenmue.

Stolen from neogaf.

We can fucking do tis.

To be honest I didnpt give e3 a shit after shenmue was announced, but there are good stuff.

I don't like ti, but a shenmue cellphone app to gain money while you are playing ? Don't know something like that.

We need this shit to happen, Even while I studied game design most of the teachers didn't know about Shenmue, they would actually show Shenmue in their ponit but didn't play it.

This is not another game fuckkkkkkkkks, this is fucking gaming history.
WE HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT.

shredingskin has received a thanks from: PacemaŜinobo
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby LucBu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:48 am

That battle system stretch goal though.
LucBu

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III