Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Japan

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Ja

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm

Undead Darlings, a self-described, "visual novel dungeon crawler RPG developed in the West with a Japanese aesthetic", is on Kickstarter with a PS4 physical copy as a reward for backers once 250k is eclipsed.

Awesome Japan needs to pick their shit up and make a physical copy happen.
Wude-Tang Clan
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Jackie Fhan wrote:Yes, basically no one should build themsevles or ideas as higher than others. There is no one true idea that is right. everything is a creation and comes down to an opinion.

just be nice to others and help them would work better

What? GTFO...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Reprise » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Undead Darlings, a self-described, "visual novel dungeon crawler RPG developed in the West with a Japanese aesthetic", is on Kickstarter with a PS4 physical copy as a reward for backers once 250k is eclipsed.

Erm I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Awesome Japan and everything to do with Sony.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Undead Darlings, a self-described, "visual novel dungeon crawler RPG developed in the West with a Japanese aesthetic", is on Kickstarter with a PS4 physical copy as a reward for backers once 250k is eclipsed.

God that game has awful aesthetics. "We wanted to pay homage to Phantasy Star", yeah despite the fact that it looks nothing like Phantasy Star and more like Compile Heart garbage? Ick.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Reprise wrote:

Erm I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Awesome Japan and everything to do with Sony.

Please explain.

They have 2 years to sort it out, and I'm having a hard time believing that this wouldn't be possible to figure out with the time allotted, even if only enough games were pressed for backers of the campaign.
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby punkmanced » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:11 pm

Wude-Tang Clan wrote:
Reprise wrote:

Please explain.

They have 2 years to sort it out, and I'm having a hard time believing that this wouldn't be possible to figure out with the time allotted, even if only enough games were pressed for backers of the campaign.

Meaning that it's Sony's decision, ultimately; not AJ's.
Personally, I'm pretty disappointed that so many are refusing to pledge until a physical PS4 copy becomes available (if it ever does). I'm guessing those $5 pledges are either waiting for the PS4 copy...or are non-fans giving it a shot.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Doom_Infinite » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm wondering how solid the exclusivity deal is with Sony. The KS FAQ section still leaves open the possibility of other consoles getting the game. If we're lucky the exclusivity part was not signed in full and maybe with the tremendous welcoming this announcement has had Yu Suzuki can work out a better deal for Shenmue III.

Doom_Infinite has received a thanks from: Supa
Doom_Infinite

Postby Axm » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:03 pm

An Xbox version would cost YS more money to develop and eat up money that can be used purely for a better game. People need to get off it about this. After the game has long been released for PS4 and PC then start making requests for Xbox. We dont have the luxery of being able to get everything we want. We can still hardly get a physical PS4 release yet.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Drakul » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Reprise wrote:

Exactly. I'm almost Positive Sony mentioned to Yu they'll help out but they would get as much money from a physical release as possible so it makes sense that they will announce it later if not at release so that the money goes to them, a sort of fan double-dip, and not the campaign.

And I'd be totally fine with the Japanese VO and subs. That's my preference anyway but some might say I'm a weaboo... burning undubs as we speak. :mrgreen:
Drakul

Postby sand4fish » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:12 pm

So it seems they decided to go with both dubs in the end. Now I will always wonder what sacrifices to the game world will have to be made in order to accommodate the VO budget.
Well, I'm glad for those who wanted this and I hope it will factor in to more backers in the end of the day.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Response from Joel

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Axm wrote: An Xbox version would cost YS more money to develop and eat up money that can be used purely for a better game. People need to get off it about this. After the game has long been released for PS4 and PC then start making requests for Xbox. We dont have the luxery of being able to get everything we want. We can still hardly get a physical PS4 release yet.

This. I am so sick and tired of seeing people moan saying, 'Wah I'm not gonna pledge cos I wanted it on Xbox!' or 'I'm not gonna pledge until they do a physical PS4 copy!'. I mean, for christ's sake, we're living in a world where Shenmue III is actually happening and the odd idiot acts like a spoilt entitled little brat about how they want it. You are quite right, money should be spent making the game as good as it can possibly be. We should be grateful to Sony about giving Yu this chance while Sega were quite happy to completely forget about the series.

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: Axm
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Re: Response from Joel

Postby punkmanced » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Miles Prower wrote:
This. I am so sick and tired of seeing people moan saying, 'Wah I'm not gonna pledge cos I wanted it on Xbox!' or 'I'm not gonna pledge until they do a physical PS4 copy!'. I mean, for christ's sake, we're living in a world where Shenmue III is actually happening and the odd idiot acts like a spoilt entitled little brat about how they want it. You are quite right, money should be spent making the game as good as it can possibly be. We should be grateful to Sony about giving Yu this chance while Sega were quite happy to completely forget about the series.

Agreed.
It's equally worrying to hear more casual fans say they'll only get the PS4 copy in stores, and won't support the KS since the basic goals have already been exceeded.

Unfortunately...it doesn't really work that way with this specific KS, since the stretch goals are almost as equally important as the basic campaign.

punkmanced has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Three Blades » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 am

I am so sick and tired of seeing people moan saying, 'Wah I'm not gonna pledge cos I wanted it on Xbox!'

Yeah, if Shenmue 3 isn't a good enough reason to buy a console, then I don't know what is. :???:
Hell, I'd buy a PS4 for this, even if this was the only game on it.

Three Blades has received 2 thanks from: Miles Prower, Reprise
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Previous

Return to Shenmue III