DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Postby Drakul » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:34 pm

alexironaek wrote:
Peter wrote: Oh god yes Alex I am not getting at Greece in any way. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that the interest imposed on them basically forces them into submission. It's a shocking state of affairs.

i know Peter, thats why i wrote " please do not take it personally" ;-) ;-) , maybe i just wanted to let some things out of my chest

You can always PM me if you want to unburden, I'm already pestering you as it is :P

Drakul has received a thanks from: alexironaek
Drakul
Master of the Three Blades

Postby alexironaek » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm

hehe , come on mate , you are not pestering me at all!! anything more you need just let me know :D
alexironaek

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:21 am

Congrats on the dinner, Pete! You seriously deserve all the best in the world mate, I mean it. I hope it all works out and I'm happy it's going in the right direction!

Yokosuka Martian has received a thanks from: Peter
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Aaron_H » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 am

Looking increasingly likely that it might be a 1-on-1 meal - how cool would that be? :D
Aaron_H

Postby Jackie Fhan » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:26 am

I hope they share photos and things of all of It, include it as a part of bonuses In the game.
Jackie Fhan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Jak , Sly Cooper, Many..

Postby Wickio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:29 am

I'm still incredibly tempted to go for this. I don't suppose anyone knows whether both guests per purchase would get a jacket or just the one?
Wickio
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Sentosha
XBL: Sentosha
Steam: Wickio
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:57 am

I'm pretty sure it's just the donator. The donators going to Japan will be the only ones getting a script set. Also, I believe the jacket will be posted in 2017 with the rest of the rewards, and not presented at the dinner.

I'm still surprised I am the only one going to Monaco. It's going to be pretty sick thay it's there is the next time you will get to see Shenmue 3. It will be a pretty huge deal. Ok, yoy could go to LA a few months later when Yu is at E3, but yoy need to be employed within the gaming industry to get tickets for that, which also cost a cool $995 I believe. Where as Monaco Magic is free to the general public. It's a no brainer for me.

It's great talking about it, but this still isn't a 100% done deal. I am still hoping that all funds are secured.

Peter has received a thanks from: Axm
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Wickio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:05 am

Peter wrote: I'm pretty sure it's just the donator. The donators going to Japan will be the only ones getting a script set. Also, I believe the jacket will be posted in 2017 with the rest of the rewards, and not presented at the dinner.

I'm still surprised I am the only one going to Monaco. It's going to be pretty sick thay it's there is the next time you will get to see Shenmue 3. It will be a pretty huge deal. Ok, yoy could go to LA a few months later when Yu is at E3, but yoy need to be employed within the gaming industry to get tickets for that, which also cost a cool $995 I believe. Where as Monaco Magic is free to the general public. It's a no brainer for me.

It's great talking about it, but this still isn't a 100% done deal. I am still hoping that all funds are secured.

If it came with another jacket, I'm sure I could convince someone to join me, but I'm not sure if anyone I know would be up for the trip alone.

Monaco would be my choice, with the absence of Tokyo. It will be an awesome time to be involved in everything going on.

I really hope you get it, man. I don't envy your position right now, but I'm sure everything will work out!
Wickio

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:13 am

Just get a loan man, or sell your life away. I feel it's justified it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Dont envy my position one bit! For the past 2 weeks I've went through hell and back just to get this far and I am at the final hurdle now, with time running out. I check my phone every 5 seconds to see if my friend has gotten word on what the actual figure I will be getting is. He had £1500 in his credit union, and I added another £1500 to bring the savings account up to £3000. In a credit union, you can borrow up to double what's in your account, but when he applied for it, he said its up to the Union how much you get. Could only be £5000, could be £5500, could be £6000.

Plus the exchange rate is still plummeting thanks to the Euro crisis. We are now at £6500 for $10,000. When I pledged, it was £6250 for $10,000. My head is constantly on overdrive, I haven't slept since the Kickstarter was announced, and I just want it all to be over.

Trust me, yoy don't want to be me right now.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Wickio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:30 am

Peter wrote: Just get a loan man, or sell your life away. I feel it's justified it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Dont envy my position one bit! For the past 2 weeks I've went through hell and back just to get this far and I am at the final hurdle now, with time running out. I check my phone every 5 seconds to see if my friend has gotten word on what the actual figure I will be getting is. He had £1500 in his credit union, and I added another £1500 to bring the savings account up to £3000. In a credit union, you can borrow up to double what's in your account, but when he applied for it, he said its up to the Union how much you get. Could only be £5000, could be £5500, could be £6000.

Plus the exchange rate is still plummeting thanks to the Euro crisis. We are now at £6500 for $10,000. When I pledged, it was £6250 for $10,000. My head is constantly on overdrive, I haven't slept since the Kickstarter was announced, and I just want it all to be over.

Trust me, yoy don't want to be me right now.

I am coming increasingly close to selling my body.

If I could split it halfway with someone I'd be tempted, but I'm currently saving up for a house, so I'm not sure if the missus would be thrilled about me spunking upwards of 7 grand for a trip to Monaco. :lol:

I must admit, I didn't realise the pound was taking such a pounding. Hopefully things will level out at least until the money is deducted from your account!
Wickio

Postby Peter » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 am

That's true. If Greece offer up an acceptable payment plan to the EU (well, Germany and Frances standards) then it would stabilise the market a bit. Who knows what the hell is gonna happen over these next 9 days.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Cannot control my hype. My friend called to my work earlier and showed me the £6000 cheque which more or less confirms it! I will be meeting Yu in Monaco in February!!!

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Damn Peter go to bed! You cant just stay up from now until Feb. Jesus, you are more hyped than anyone for this! And believe me when I say the rest of us are HYPED. Hes on a whole other level. And you took out a loan in order to do this? I feel for you man, good luck with everything, Im sure i speak for everyone in saying thanks for such a large donation to the cause! :)

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Peter
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 pm

I havent slept since the kickstarter was announced! My life is Shenmue 24/7 now.

Peter has received 2 thanks from: Fei Fong Wong, Yokosuka Martian
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:14 pm

YES! Its happening! Very happy for you.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD