KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

Postby Amir » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Kobe wrote: What is up with that telecom reward thing. Seems very intresting in fact I could up my pledge from 60 to 80 if thats the case. It says on KS that it gives flashback scenes in Shenmue 3 is you have it and you can phone characters Whaaaat? Somebody kindly explain if you know. I'm baffled.

You get an ingame phone card that lets you call characters in Japan and other places like Nozomi, Fuku-san and Guizhang.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Re: Names Everywhere

Postby Mystere » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 pm

Reprise wrote:
Kobe wrote:This ranges from not only the long credits we will get in the end (literally including every sponsors name in the credits that pledges for that reward or higher)

Nah, it won't be that long. They'll just condense them and make them much smaller font.

I was thinking they may add a separate menu icon on the title screen, ie. "View Kickstarter credits" or "By The Fans..." and keep the game credits themselves separate (at the end of the game).

I'd rather that than see my name shrunk into a size 6 font in the longest credits ever.

They could also make it searchable.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:37 am

Which reward do you guys think is better value, the $1400 or the $1500? I've pledged for the $1400 currently, still undecided.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby joka » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:47 am

Amir wrote:Which reward do you guys think is better value, the $1400 or the $1500? I've pledged for the $1400 currently, still undecided.

Well $1500 reward is capped to 128 backers so if I were you I'd bump up to that just in case you want to change your mind before its all gone as $1400 is uncapped isn't it.

Personally I think $1500 is a lot better still as it's more like you're a tourist whose visited and left you pic/signed the guest book :)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:28 am

Yeah, the $1500 tier is better, in my opinion.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:15 am

Is it me or is the pledge total going backwards for the last few hours?
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Mystere » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:28 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote: Is it me or is the pledge total going backwards for the last few hours?

Think it's you. Unless you saw it above $4,543,000 earlier, it's made $11K today so far.
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:37 am

Yeah I miss read it, working out the averages it looks like we are on track for around 25k today, another 50% drop on the previous day, this is now putting us 150k short of 5 million.. .

Bleh. ...
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 am

I don't think the $800 Shenmue patron tier helped in the long run. I think it resulted in more $1000 Ryo message people dropping down to that tier than $500 people upping their pledge.

I could be wrong though.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:59 am

If you look at the numbers it was actually helpful, we only lost 4 on the $1500 tier after it was introduced , and there is 50+ people on the $800 tier.

It's stopped the daily pledges from dropping 1 extra day , but today will show we are back to the very small daily pledges, we need another magic bullet, we can't rely on a surge at the end which may never happen.

We are at risk of not hitting 5 million, I'm not bothered about beating bloodstained, I just think we should at least hit 5 million, the first important milestone in Suzuki eyes
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:03 am

Agreed. I really hope we beat 5 million and I'm not relying on a surge either, as I believe we may have reached a saturation point. We had the initial surge, but we also had a slight surge on the 3rd due to the PS4 announcement (plus some cool new rewards).

Unless there's a ton of hype towards the end, people upping their pledges out of desperation to meet the 5M mark or/and some really strong new rewards, then there might not be a surge.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ElephantStone » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 am

You guys should calm down, man. We're still well over $1M ahead of where the Bloodstained kickstarter was at this point, and we're still ahead on backers by about 10K too, which is absolutely insane. If I'm being honest I am not really expecting a massive surge in the last couple days like Bloodstained, though it would be nice, but I do think we're well on track to topping $5M.

That said, absolutely anything could happen at the end of this kickstarter. So we should do our best to keep spreading the word and encouraging pledges, but don't panic just yet.
ElephantStone
Banned
Banned

Postby Reprise » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:11 am

I'm not personally panicking. We're certainly close to the $5 million and the campaign is in top 10 most successful of all time (and second game only to Bloodstained). It's all good :)

Just hope we top the $5M mark. It could be close.

Reprise has received a thanks from: ElephantStone
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:50 am

I'm surprised so few 29$ backers upped their pledge to 60$ for the physical PS4, barely 3000 backers upped to 60 and the rest is staying there.

I guess out of 52k backers (so far) only half are Shenmue fans and the rest pledged 29$ just out of curiosity, which is a shame because even if just half of the 29$ backers would have upped we would have gotten easy 300k more...

Anyway guys calm down about reaching 5m, as it's basically locked at this point imo, the real battle is 6m.

There's a high chance we will get a good boost in the end, i've heard of at least 1 youtube channel saving money to pledge at the last moment + the naughty dogs artist, and we'll get the inevitable procastinators. But will it be enough?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:58 am

The $1500 tier is cool but with $1400 you get 2 extra technique scrolls, your name in 3 different places and a wish (dunno if that's an in-game reward or just some silly nonsense :P) . With $1500 your name's in one place but you get a photo as well.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III