The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: The Final Blow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:13 am

I believe this is starting to catch on. Several people are posting it repeatedly in the KS comments now, I've seen a few people retweet it, etc. Let's really get the word out there about #TheFinalBlow and http://30onthe3rd.com/finalblow/ . I believe this can have a tremendous impact. We have a week to build it! It would be great if the site could put it on the front page, perhaps with another "plan of attack" as with 30 on the 3rd. I mean what do we have to lose?

We did great today, too. Beat yesterday's pledges, and are on track at this rate to - WITHOUT a spike - close around 4.7 million at least. With a spike, even a modest one, we should hit or exceed 5.5! I believe this movement can help ensure that spike happens! Let's promote the hell out of it! :) So happy we finally have a plan!
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby PacemaŜinobo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:49 am

Many thanks again for your great work, Nick! This is my French translation:

Fans de Shenmue,

Vous souvenez-vous de ce combat dans Shenmue II quand, au sommet de l'immeuble Yellow Head, Dou Niu se jette sur Ryo avec 180 kg de force ? Nous sommes alors au point culminant de l'histoire de Shenmue. Pour Ryo, c'est la dernière chance, et il la saisit. Il assène un ultime Counter Elbow Assault (外門頂肘) à Dou Niu.

C'est grâce à ce coup que son périple peut se poursuivre sans embûche.

Avec le Kickstarter de Shenmue III, nous revoilà au sommet de l'immeuble. Cette campagne, c'est notre Dou Niu. Pour que Yu Suzuki puisse réaliser le meilleur Shenmue III possible nous devons porter cet ultime coup.

Comme je l'ai déjà dit plusieurs fois, si vous avez contribué au Kickstarter vous êtes un saint du panthéon Shenmue. Si vous pouvez allouer une petite part supplémentaire de votre budget à ce projet, formidable ! Sinon, aucune inquiétude, vous avez fait votre part et je sais que Yu vous en sait gré. Mais si vous attendez l'arrivée de PayPal, n'attendez plus ! C'est notre dernière chance de faire de notre rêve une réalité. Ne vous laissez pas tromper par la possibilité d'un don PayPal qui ne se concrétisera peut être pas. Après le Kickstarter, il est tout à fait possible que cela soit mis en place. Mais en vérité nous n'en savons rien. Notre seule certitude est que le Kickstarter se terminera le 17 juillet. Tout se résume donc à ce jour : l'Ultime Coup (the Final Blow).

Alors transmettez ce message aussi amplement que possible. C'est une période critique de fin de campagne qui nécessite une action décisive. Faite un don ou augmentez votre don tout de suite ! - ou perdez peut être cette occasion à jamais ! La qualité et l'étendue de Shenmue III dépend du succès global du Kickstarter. Le destin de Shenmue est maintenant entre nos mains. Faites de votre rêve une réalité !

#SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow

Let’s get sweaty!!

- Nick
PacemaŜinobo
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:25 am

mmmmm.....lol

Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:29 am

Okay, I've upped my pledge from a $60 PS4 Physical Edition to this:

That is genuinely all I can afford this month! :-& I'll be scrapping by the next couple of weeks but I feel it will be worth it when I get my next payment at the end of the month to level out my money. I just hope the artbook is full A4 sized and no just the size of the gaming case.

But that really is it from me, I'll continue to support the campaign on our forums Twitter page but I cannot raise any higher:
https://twitter.com/PS_Collecting
Let's make it a good week :)
(Sorry if you've seen this message appear in other topics... my PC is very laggy right now, sorted it now) :P

TheThirdComing has received a thanks from: johnvivant
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:41 am

I've posted this to the front page 8)

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48401
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby zach » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:09 am

Anyone an idea what the Japanese response to the Shenmue 3 reveal is?
Are they just as excited for it? Or is shenmue not a big deal in Japan?
zach
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Yakuza 4, Cave Story

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:59 am

Guys, make sure these times are correct for when the Kickstarter ends...

6:51 p.m. PDT
7:51 p.m. MDT
8:51 p.m. CDT
9:51 p.m. EDT
———————
1:51 a.m. UCT July 18
2:51 a.m. BST July 18
3:51 a.m. CEST July 18
4:51 a.m. EEST July 18
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:29 am

elfshadowreaper wrote: Guys, make sure these times are correct for when the Kickstarter ends...

———————

the BST is definitely correct,
quoting the kickstarter page itself for me;
'This project will be funded on Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:51 AM BST.'
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby elfshadowreaper » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:36 am

johnvivant wrote:
elfshadowreaper wrote: Guys, make sure these times are correct for when the Kickstarter ends...

———————

the BST is definitely correct,
quoting the kickstarter page itself for me;
'This project will be funded on Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:51 AM BST.'

OK. I'm in EDT so that side of the globe is correct too. Thanks!
elfshadowreaper
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm

is there any chance that Game Sack could make a video about the campaign a few days before it ends? I know they did one for Bloodstain.They are huge shenmue fans, and they did make a video when the kickstarter was announced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBOuk5wJvNE

here is their youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameSack/featured

they have a 129 k subs, but i know they get a high view count on their videos.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Ziming » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:25 pm

johnvivant wrote: is there any chance that Game Sack could make a video about the campaign a few days before it ends? I know they did one for Bloodstain.They are huge shenmue fans, and they did make a video when the kickstarter was announced.

Likely won't happen. Joe from Game Sack isn't to pleased at how AJ is running the Kickstarter. :sad:
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Kobe » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:26 pm

There really isin't time for making videos and trying to get the attention of any new backers now. We need to solely focus on the final blow and the final week of the Kickstarter. Getting the attention of all who have pledged or any Shenmue fans apart, getting them to notice this last push to try and exceed high numbers and gain the highest total we can possibly achieve because at this rate we won't even beat Bloodstained when this game realisticly shits all over that in terms of epicness.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby johnvivant » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Ziming wrote:
johnvivant wrote: is there any chance that Game Sack could make a video about the campaign a few days before it ends? I know they did one for Bloodstain.They are huge shenmue fans, and they did make a video when the kickstarter was announced.

Likely won't happen. Joe from Game Sack isn't to pleased at how AJ is running the Kickstarter. :sad:

we need their help all the more then!
anyone actually tried asking them?
ziming do you have a personal correspondence with them? maybe it won't harm asking.

explain to them that we appreciate the kickstarter isn't being handled all that well and this is why we need their help all the more!

i remember their bloodstain video was a minimal production, really short with them just standing in front of the camera, and directing people to the kickstarter. it wouldn't take them too much effort to do the same for shenmue.

for the good of the fans..! [-o<
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 pm

It frustrates me to see some withholding support from the campaign due to displeasure with how AJ have run it. This is our ONLY CHANCE. Okay so things haven't been ideal. Few will deny that. But this is it. This is what we have. We owe it to ourselves, to Yu, to the game we've dreamed of for the better part of TWO DECADES to do absolutely everything we can to support it in any way possible.

I spent today counting out change, and tediously squeezing them into paper rolls! I'll deposit them Monday, and up my pledge by the absolute maximum I possibly can on July 15th as my contribution to #TheFinalBlow! We can do this! Let's make a huge final push and bring this thing home! For Yu, and for ourselves!

Anonymous81 has received 2 thanks from: johnvivant, Reprise
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby Reprise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:11 am

Kobe wrote: There really isin't time for making videos and trying to get the attention of any new backers now. We need to solely focus on the final blow and the final week of the Kickstarter. Getting the attention of all who have pledged or any Shenmue fans apart, getting them to notice this last push to try and exceed high numbers and gain the highest total we can possibly achieve because at this rate we won't even beat Bloodstained when this game realisticly shits all over that in terms of epicness.

I disagree. Now is exactly the right time to try and gain new backers. There will be plenty of fence sitters and people who haven't pledged who will pledge at the last minute, with the right marketing.

Imo, appealing to the existing pledgers won't give the game the maximum push it needs. It's like preaching to the converted. Nearly everyone who really cares has already pledged the maximum they can. The 30 on the 3rd campaign probably already stretched backers as far as they are willing to go.

Reprise has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III