KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

Postby joka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:24 am

Peter wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Lol at the rewards tiers.

I an lol'ing more at the reactions to a new rewards tier. So over dramatic. It's another option. It's a reason for someone to possibly up their pledge as well as downgrade it, but all if you assume that it means bad news and people will downgrade. Some of the stuff I've seen written over the past few days has been childish, and bordering into AJ hate again. The best one I have to mention was that idiot who got banned who dropped his pledge in protest at the additions to the pledges!! After the Twitch stream, every single person was in agreement that with the best thing to do was to cram more tiers in, and they did.

You are probably gonna come back at me and say that the rewards are saturated and AJ are schoolboys at this. Maybe so, but you have to look at the bigger picture here. It's the final week of a Kickstarter. Rewards are not going to be flying in or the raised total jumping another million. These new tiers are all set up for the end game. To give those who haven't pledged yet more options to do so. Most who have pledged are not gonna change for this, it's not a huge deal, but more for those who have been waiting until the end and all the rewards tiers are available to select which figure suits them best. Also, the people who have hit the remind me button and come back to donate. Honestly, after I seen new rewards added, I was waiting until the end so I had the entire rewards tiers to choose from, instead of chopping and changing.

It seems to be the way of a Shenmue fan to go completely black and white and spaz out at decisions which they don't agree with. Over the years, I've always wondered why people didn't take the approach of, "hmm, I don't think this is a good idea, but maybe I am missing something. Let's see how it plays out...", when it's always, "fuck this whole fucking bullshit. What dicks! Fuck you wah wah wah".

Yea you're right it is over dramatic but I think it is frustration from fans and from a good place with most people I'd hope.

Options are great but at this stage of the campaign any new rewards should be targeted at either-
a) enticing a significant amount of existing backers to up their pledges
b) bringing on new backers
c) tempting a small number of backers to increase dramtically

This is just a variation on existing rewards.
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Miles Prower » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:32 am

BlueMue wrote: Video was nice but the "be in the game" rewards are getting out of hand. Game will be overloaded with this stuff.
Why couldn't they've listened and give us something physical again, like the mirror replicas...

I kind of have to agree with this, sadly. I hope it's not too distracting or jarring :???:
But nice second part of the interview with Masaya :)
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby jimb0d » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Its going to be fine...think how much of this stuff they could have crammed in Kowloon without damaging the core experience. Would have actually made the dojo rooms search more worthwhile ;)
jimb0d
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I went to the fortune teller's maybe once in Shenmue. The only rewards I see as being potentially distracting are the Lucky Hit boards and to a lesser extent the capsule toys, the rest make sense contextually.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Mystere » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Donation-wise, today's a good day. On course for the 3rd daily rise in a row. $5M in sight! 8)

However, none of it's due to this new tier. 0 backers after 5 hours? Ouch.

With 33 different tiers now, you've gotta pity the potential backers who clicked "Remind Me Later" on July 16th. They now have 33 choices and the Rewards Chart still only features the initial 12. Good luck working it out!

Mystere has received a thanks from: Reprise
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:57 pm

On a positive note I was happy to read that there will be a fortune telling service in the game. Just like it because I am one who likes filling the notebook (days away from the Shemue 2 fill notebook guide being released btw)

Peter has received a thanks from: Miles Prower
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Previous

Return to Shenmue III