KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

Postby Ryo Fhan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Three Blades wrote: Do you guys also find that this is just another video that only the existing fans will "get", though? I mean, for us, who already know and care about Ryo and ShenHua, we think this is awesome.
But to get new fans interested, I can't help but think that this won't really do much, because to them, it's just 2 random people looking at some fireflies.
I guess it can't really be helped at this point though since they haven't had any time to make a real trailer yet.
Not really the social video they need. Agree to that point, don't think they know how to do that so well exactly.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Three Blades » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:46 pm

That doesn't mean it will recap Shenmue II. It may be Shenhua's house after the stone pit events, and before the way to Bailu Village.

That's what I thought, too. I guess there's no way to know for sure though.
There's definitely going to be some kind of recap video at the very least though.
Three Blades
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Such a tease! Too short, but good fan service. And honestly, not much is going to sway any newcomers toward backing the game as far as Kickstarter updates go, so I wouldn't be too concerned about anyone "not getting it".

A couple of takeaways:

-Ryo does indeed look much better.
-Shenhua's braids are too long!
-Sega better let Ys Net use the proper logo for the actual game. It's almost as if we're going to have a ticker periodically scroll across the game itself: "Original game by Sega!!" Sega, you had your chance, and you blew it, so stay out of it.

And as far as the beginning of Shenmue 3, there is no doubt in my mind that Suzuki was referring to AFTER the events of the cave. The road to Bailu Village is between Shenhua's house and Bailu Village, thus an area we have not seen yet.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby JaySw34 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Wow wasnt expecting a new video. Would of been cool to hear Corey Marshall though. Even though it's dark, to my eye it seems Ryo's model has vastly improved since the reveal teaser. I like the new reward as well.. Wishing i could afford it though
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby wdrpgwd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:58 pm

My brother and I backed out of the 10K for the Fighting NPC and decided to put it toward the 6k Friendly NPC since we wanted to have one our Chinese teaching assistant in the game. We are trying to figure out where to put the other 4k now. Maybe the Lucky hit board or the Vendor... The vendor may be a good option for having our school in the game. V.E.T. Program's Hot dogs? Ice Cream? Lingerie?

That would put us at $20,500 but may work out better.

wdrpgwd has received 2 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, James Brown
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:02 pm

These two Kickstarter trailers make me think it'll recap the last parts of Shenmue II before the stone pit.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Amir » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 pm

wdrpgwd wrote: My brother and I backed out of the 10K for the Fighting NPC and decided to put it toward the 6k Friendly NPC since we wanted to have one our Chinese teaching assistant in the game. We are trying to figure out where to put the other 4k now. Maybe the Lucky hit board or the Vendor... The vendor may be a good option for having our school in the game. V.E.T. Program's Hot dogs? Ice Cream? Lingerie?

The Vendor is cooler than the Lucky Hit in my opinion, but with the Lucky Hit you get the I AM SHENMUE photo as well.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:05 pm

TwiceFriedRice wrote: Isn't this scene from Shenmue 2 though?

The first footage we saw was also from Shenmue 2, the jumping over the rocks bit... at least there was still QTEs to get you through it, and when you failed them they were particularly hilarious at this part *ryo takes branch to the face* :lol:

This has a long way to go, but im glad they are sharing their progress and initial footage, seems the history of the development may be some what documented anyway.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby wdrpgwd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Amir wrote:
wdrpgwd wrote: My brother and I backed out of the 10K for the Fighting NPC and decided to put it toward the 6k Friendly NPC since we wanted to have one our Chinese teaching assistant in the game. We are trying to figure out where to put the other 4k now. Maybe the Lucky hit board or the Vendor... The vendor may be a good option for having our school in the game. V.E.T. Program's Hot dogs? Ice Cream? Lingerie?

The Vendor is cooler than the Lucky Hit in my opinion, but with the Lucky Hit you get the I AM SHENMUE photo as well.

Thanks for pointing that out. I still think the Vendor would be better for us. To have my face next to what looks like 75 others or more doesn't seem to be worth it whereas we would be the only vendor at this point.
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby mrandyk » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:21 pm

Amir wrote: These two Kickstarter trailers make me think it'll recap the last parts of Shenmue II before the stone pit.

I wouldn't put much stock into these videos in regards to where gameplay will begin. This game isn't even in development yet but YS wants to get videos out to us and it is way easier to rebuild Shenmue 2 scenes than create entirely new scenes from Shenmue 3, not to mention the possibility of spoilers.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 pm

wdrpgwd wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out. I still think the Vendor would be better for us. To have my face next to what looks like 75 others or more doesn't seem to be worth it whereas we would be the only vendor at this point.

What about investing the remaining money directly in your school ? Are you sure being exposed that much will be really valuable in your future ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby wdrpgwd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:36 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
wdrpgwd wrote:

What about investing the remaining money directly in your school ? Are you sure being exposed that much will be really valuable in your future ?

In short, yes. We have already received more exposure for the school from doing this than any other investment in advertising we have done in the past 5 years. We spend our advertising budget every year and the money we put to this game was not taken from that. We used our own money and it turned out to be a great decision.

Besides, I have given much of my money, time and energy to the kids i love and continue to do so. Do I have to give all of my personal money to the school?
wdrpgwd
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Ryo Fhan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Might as well go vendor
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby EverybodyLovesRen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:40 pm

I vote vendor. Makes sense for your cause.
EverybodyLovesRen
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Yokosuka » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:47 pm

wdrpgwd wrote:
In short, yes. We have already received more exposure for the school from doing this than any other investment in advertising we have done in the past 5 years. We spend our advertising budget every year and the money we put to this game was not taken from that. We used our own money and it turned out to be a great decision.

Besides, I have given much of my money, time and energy to the kids i love and continue to do so. Do I have to give all of my personal money to the school?

I agree. Being present three times in Shenmue 3 is an opportunity not to be missed to secure exposure definitely. Hopefully you'll take the best decision.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III