When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Postby JaySw34 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 pm

The only things I would really want are...

1080p widescreen
Carrying save game files from I to II to III
And a New Game Plus feature

Anything else would be an added bonus
JaySw34
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: JaySw34
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Ziming » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:10 am

Excerpts from a interview with Tony Cabello. (Blit Software CEO)
http://www.gamespek.com/2015/07/14/entr ... entemente/

We also know people keep asking for classic and other well received games to be ported for PC and new consoles. What games are demanded the most? Would you like to work on a certain title?

Hahaha, clearly Shenmue, people don’t stop asking us about Shenmue!. The truth is that this game needs to be approached with a lot of respect, it’s a big game, and there is a lot of work to do in order to create a great port. Even more, it’s hard to know how much it would cost exactly, what creates a complicated problem in our side: the estimated budget. If you ask for a high quantity, you risk losing the project because it’s too risky in terms of money, but if you ask for a small quantity in order to secure the project, you can exhaust the budget mid-port, and having to finish it quickly.

Thanks a lot for your time. Any final message you’d like to share with your followers?

Thanks to you! We would like to tell SEGA games fans that they don’t cease to ask for ports of great games like Shenmue or Jet Set Radio Future, we are the first ones that would like to port these games. In change.org or similar webs there are several requests about that.

So, back in the day Sega announced the return of the mythical Sonic CD for consoles and PC and we discovered that behind the excellent conversion was a totally unknown company. How was Blitworks born, and what’s their objective in the videogames industry?

As you can imagine, you don’t end up working with Sega in a day; it was the conclusion to a long process that curiously enough started just as a hobby. Miguel Ángel Horna (also known as ElSemi) had a long experience with emulators, and one day he realized he had emulators for System 16, System 32, Mega Drive (Genesis) and Dreamcast. Then we thought it would be a good idea to showcase Sonic CD, Jet Set Radio and Shenmue working on the emulators to Sega, with the prospect of a commercial release for the consoles of that time.

Ziming has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Nicolaoua
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:22 am

JSR for PC is great, was playing it just yet a little. The ps3 version felt weird, but somewhat not snappy enough.

But a hell lot better than the DC ports SEGA did, all with the same wrap.

Yeah, porting Shenmue is a big deal, these guys seem to know a good deal. Don't know if just emulating is enough for the things we are asking today.

SEGA did a lot of marketing before JSR port and it didn't got the "moneyz" they expected right ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby DOS » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:17 pm

More than 3 save slots please!
DOS
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 3 trailer

Postby shenmue852 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:16 am

yugo wrote: Just reconsider what "HD remaster" means.

HD Remaster is that Korean guy's project. It would be ridiculously expensive or take years to expand his work to the entire Shenmue game and still have it work exactly like it did before but with current gen graphics. Creating the maps is the easy part, porting over all the AI and physics and making it work exactly like it did before? that's going to take lots and LOTS of debugging and testing.

Shenmue II remastered like that, forget about it, it'd take years and years.
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 am

Do they even do HD releases? I remember Sonic Adventure on the PS3 which just had borders around the screens. Shenmue will probably just get a straight port with no additional features or touch ups.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby R3N » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:20 am

All I want is for them to pay Yu Suzuki to make the remakes on Unreal Engine 4 and give him full control on the development. I don't want a cheap HD. I want it to be compatible with Shenmue III

If they outsourced Red push button for 20 million to make Sonic boom they can do the same with Yu Suzuki a man that is one of the main reason Sega became what we knew Sega for.
R3N
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby johnvivant » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:20 am

sonic boom cost 20 million! omg what a waste.

HD ports - i would like 1080p and 60fps which seems extremely feasible on current gen.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:38 am

johnvivant wrote: sonic boom cost 20 million! omg what a waste.

HD ports - i would like 1080p and 60fps which seems extremely feasible on current gen.

Lmfao if that's not further proof that publishers haven't a clue on how to spend money on development in this industry, I don't know what is.

Sonic Boom is more like a crappy project, a college student would make. Lol get the hell out of here Sega, 20m my ass.

To topic: The only thing with worse odds of Sega doing, is coming out with a Dreamcast 2, so I don't see them even doing straight up ports of the past Shenmue games, let alone release HD Remasters of them.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Englishhedgehog » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:22 am

Zoltor wrote:

Lmfao if that's not further proof that publishers haven't a clue on how to spend money on development in this industry, I don't know what is.

Sonic Boom is more like a crappy project, a college student would make. Lol get the hell out of here Sega, 20m my ass.

To topic: The only thing with worse odds of Sega doing, is coming out with a Dreamcast 2, so I don't see them even doing straight up ports of the past Shenmue games, let alone release HD Remasters of them.

Just wanna point that the Sonic Boom show is pretty successful.
Englishhedgehog
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: Englishhedgehog13
Steam: Englishhedgehog13
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Bayonetta

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

Englishhedgehog wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

Just wanna point that the Sonic Boom show is pretty successful.

Yea I heard of that, and ironically the game that should've increased the popularity of the show, and vice versa, is scaring people away.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:30 pm

Where are my damn Shemnue remasters?
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Was the Yakuza 1 remake really the "big" announcement?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:44 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Was the Yakuza 1 remake really the "big" announcement?

Lmao, I would hope not, but with Sega, it sadly could've been what they meant, when saying they have a big announcement to make at TGS.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:11 pm

Bring the Yakuza 1 remake to the West, Sega!
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III